Chelsea v Newcastle

Gemmill

The main problem is as predicted ages ago....we can't score goals. We don't even threaten to score goals unless the injury prone Owen is in the team, meaning the opposition don't have to worry too much and can attack us without fear of anything on the counter.

We will now begin to slide down the league after the little blip of a few lucky wins against poor teams covered up the cracks for some, just like last season.

Watched it on dodgy telly in the pub. We looked just about ok in the first half, although even then you always knew what was coming. Tbh I'd written this one off as a certain defeat before the game, so I'm not too despondent, although it is really annoying when their goals come from defensive errors.

Anyway, at least we don't have to play that lot every week, I suppose. ;)

Parker's challenge on Joe Cole was fucking tremendous btw. Hope they show it on MOTD tonight. Spun him vertically through 360 degrees. :lol:

Watched it on dodgy telly in the pub.  We looked just about ok in the first half, although even then you always knew what was coming.  Tbh I'd written this one off as a certain defeat before the game, so I'm not too despondent, although it is really annoying when their goals come from defensive errors.

Parker's challenge on Joe Cole was fucking tremendous btw.  Hope they show it on MOTD tonight.  Spun him vertically through 360 degrees. :lol:

58087[/snapback]

I'd rather they were showing us scoring a goal and winning a match against a good team, tbh.

Watched it on dodgy telly in the pub.  We looked just about ok in the first half, although even then you always knew what was coming.  Tbh I'd written this one off as a certain defeat before the game, so I'm not too despondent, although it is really annoying when their goals come from defensive errors.

Anyway, at least we don't have to play that lot every week, I suppose. :razz:

Parker's challenge on Joe Cole was fucking tremendous btw.  Hope they show it on MOTD tonight.  Spun him vertically through 360 degrees. :lol:

58087[/snapback]

562381994pj.jpg

;):razz::razz:

Haha that looks class.

Having not known anything about the match till I came on here tonight sounds more or less how I thought it would be.

I really don't understand Boumsong? How can he have a good half season for us then play every match shite? You just know he is going to be crap against Villa in two weeks. Whereas last season you knew he would be solid through out the game.

It occurs to me he wasn't even that good last season. He was a bit sloppy and sluggish, and only a few times did he prove why he is first-choice for France (like the first 20-odd minutes against Manure, before characteristically slipping over). He's a proper player though, which makes all the difference in the long run...

They all say it's lack of confidence and the guy doesn't want to let down the team. He needs to toughen up and face life in the Premiership, otherwise his bad form (if it even is that) will become permanent.

58087[/snapback]

I'd rather they were showing us scoring a goal and winning a match against a good team, tbh.

58092[/snapback]

So would I. But that didn't happen. So they can't.

Anyway, at least we don't have to play that lot every week, I suppose. :blink:

Parker's challenge on Joe Cole was fucking tremendous btw.  Hope they show it on MOTD tonight.  Spun him vertically through 360 degrees. :rolleyes:

58087[/snapback]

58092[/snapback]

So would I. But that didn't happen. So they can't.

58173[/snapback]

So would I ;)

What I found disappointing was the utter negativity we showed, which a lot of fans just seem to have accepted - I even heard some saying it was a great performance after the first half. Bollocks, it was the Arsenal match over again.

I know its against Chelsea, but that was a very worrying performance. We really are piss poor up front when our first choice strikers are out, which in the case of Owen will be frequently, unfortunately. And our defence is as shaky as ever. :rolleyes:

What's the solution? All I hear on here is we have to replace X or buy Y. But where's the money going to come from? Despite spending £50M we are still a very mediocre side under Souness. Sack him before christmas imo, if we want to progress.

What I found disappointing was the utter negativity we showed, which a lot of fans just seem to have accepted - I even heard some saying it was a great performance after the first half. Bollocks, it was the Arsenal match over again.

I know its against Chelsea, but that was a very worrying performance. We really are piss poor up front when our first choice strikers are out, which in the case of Owen will be frequently, unfortunately. And our defence is as shaky as ever.  :rolleyes:

What's the solution? All I hear on here is we have to replace X or buy Y. But where's the money going to come from? Despite spending £50M we are still a very mediocre side under Souness. Sack him before christmas imo, if we want to progress.

59015[/snapback]

And replace him with whom exactly? No-one is suggesting that Souness is the man to deliver what we want but replacing him now would be like suicide. We need to wait until the summer.

I know its against Chelsea, but that was a very worrying performance. We really are piss poor up front when our first choice strikers are out, which in the case of Owen will be frequently, unfortunately. And our defence is as shaky as ever.  :rolleyes:

59015[/snapback]

And replace him with whom exactly? No-one is suggesting that Souness is the man to deliver what we want but replacing him now would be like suicide. We need to wait until the summer.

59019[/snapback]

Well it depends on ho is available, but why wait for summer if we can better? There is still league placing, europe, and the FA and league cup to play for.

Because we have more chance in the summer of getting who we want. Shepherd should be planning NOW for next season, changing the manager on a whim (which is basically what we would be doing) is not progress IMO.

Take Chelsea about 2 years ago for instance, they knew full that Ranieri was not the man who was going to deliver for them but rather than replace him half way through the season with whoever they could persuade to break a contract, they decided to wait until the summer and appoint the man they actually wanted.

I'd dread to think who we'd end up with if we sacked Souness now. I very much doubt those of us who are currently dis-satisfied would be any happier and on top of that we'd be paying Souness a shit-load of compensation.

And I'd wager that a 'season saver' i.e. a manger on a short-term contract would not come cheap!

Because we have more chance in the summer of getting who we want. Shepherd should be planning NOW for next season, changing the manager on a whim (which is basically what we would be doing) is not progress IMO.

Take Chelsea about 2 years ago for instance, they knew full that Ranieri was not the man who was going to deliver for them but rather than replace him half way through the season with whoever they could persuade to break a contract, they decided to wait until the summer and appoint the man they actually wanted.

I'd dread to think who we'd end up with if we sacked Souness now. I very much doubt those of us who are currently dis-satisfied would be any happier and on top of that we'd be paying Souness a shit-load of compensation.

And I'd wager that a 'season saver' i.e. a manger on a short-term contract would not come cheap!

59026[/snapback]

You know you're probably right. :rolleyes:;)

It's a pisser having to wait out the season though.

59026[/snapback]

I think the boy might be right. If the board had actually bothered to put togther a long term strategy instead of sacking Robson after a handful of games then we probably would have avoided Souness and therefore all this mess. Whilst our board and chairman aren't all bad ( I do recognise the need to keep us afloat is important) I find they make poor knee jerk decisions sometimes. Firing Robson, hiring Souness, the 'bid' for Rooney. Piss poor.

59026[/snapback]

I think the boy might be right. If the board had actually bothered to put togther a long term strategy instead of sacking Robson after a handful of games then we probably would have avoided Souness and therefore all this mess. Whilst our board and chairman aren't all bad ( I do recognise the need to keep us afloat is important) I find they make poor knee jerk decisions sometimes. Firing Robson, hiring Souness, the 'bid' for Rooney. Piss poor.

59038[/snapback]

The same happened with Dalglish though didn't it?? I'd heard a rumour that Fat Fred hadn't even considered replacing Dalglish until he was told Gullit would be interested and then things moved very quickly indeed (hence the legal case that Dalglish took afterwards).