NUFC 4-1 Coventry

Barney

Jonas set to return.

Shola out for a month. Barton, Ricky and Saylor still out. Doubts over Butt.

Best and Vanleftback may face their former club.

Edited by Barney

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovenkrands rarely plays well when he starts and some of the criticism of Best is way out of order imo. He did more when he came on against Swansea than Lovenkrands did prior to that.

Happy enough with Best after seeing him for the first time at the weekend.

1266422594.jpg

Thats the team id play but i think we will see Nolan in for Guthrie or Maybe Smith.

Bring Lovenkrands on in second half in inject some pace late on. I have slated him in the past but im starting to warm to him but i have to agree when he starts he doesnt seem to have the same impact as to when he comes off the bench.

Got a feeling Besty mite score tonight against his old club, happens alot.

3-1

Carroll, Best and Lovenkrands

;)

Lovenkrands rarely plays well when he starts and some of the criticism of Best is way out of order imo. He did more when he came on against Swansea than Lovenkrands did prior to that.

Agree about Lovenkrands starting, I don't think he contributes a lot to the build up play in general. He's a handy player to have on the bench in any case as he is very capable of nicking a goal.

NUFC: Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, Fabricio Coloccini, Mike Williamson, Patrick van Aanholt, Wayne Routledge, Kevin Nolan ©, Danny Guthrie, Jonas Gutierrez, Andy Carroll, Peter Lovenkrands

Subs: Tim Krul, Fabrice Pancrate, Alan Smith, Fitz Hall, Leon Best, Nile Ranger, Ryan Taylor

Good news that Jonas and Williamson and Lovelyhands are starting

Is he? Where u hear that?

EDIT: Yeah he does...Smith out for Nolan....Hmmmm wonder if that bust up did happen?

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Kevin Nolan is the captain.

Hughton hoping the responsibility will get a good performance out of him?

Hope it works tbh.

Nolan is due a goal and a good performance to boot.

Polite way of saying he's been fucking shite for ages now.

If Alan Smith complained about being dropped to me after his sorry excuses for performances since Christmas, I'd tell him and his crap beard to piss off. Not that Nolan's been any better like but at least he's not mouthing off thinking he's some kind of midfield lynchpin.

As for this, we'll probably get beat since Hughton is getting royally figured out now.