Chelsea V Newcastle

Yogic

Parker is an outstanding player and today was a prime example why he has been the best Newcastle player this season and why he should be in that holding role instead of King for England.

Unluck not to get a penalty, 2 shouts and I would have thought the Ref would have given one atleast, Crespo's first half goal should have stood as Duff was onside when played - so i guess it levels itself out - thats football for you.

Second half was a different story.

Credit to NZogbia for giving it a go being 2-0 down, but without Alan and Owen I really didnt see you getting a goal.

-

Hope your injury issues are sorted soon and the squad is back to full strength, Solano and Nzogbia really provide a lot of service that Owen will thrive on.

Boomsoung is the worst defender iv seen, making him Captian and hoping he will put in a performance really isnt the best solution.

Sell him, bring in a few defenders and 1 quality striker to play with Owen and you are sorted.

Oh, Boyer had a nice game 1st half.

Cheers and good luck on the season.

Boumsong is looking shit mind. He looks like a fish out of water even in our customarily shambolic defence.

If Scott Parker doesn't get in the England set-up shortly, Sven wants his arse kicking. I read somewhere today that Sven apparently feels that he lets himself down with his distribution - that as a ball-winner he's first class but it's what he does with it once he's won it that Sven has a problem with. I think he may be being let down by his club team mates in this respect, as a lot of the time he'll win the ball, feed a team mate, and they'll give it back to him because they haven't got the first fucking clue what to do with it.

Boumsong is looking shit mind.  He looks like a fish out of water even in our customarily shambolic defence. 

If Scott Parker doesn't get in the England set-up shortly, Sven wants his arse kicking.  I read somewhere today that Sven apparently feels that he lets himself down with his distribution - that as a ball-winner he's first class but it's what he does with it once he's won it that Sven has a problem with.  I think he may be being let down by his club team mates in this respect, as a lot of the time he'll win the ball, feed a team mate, and they'll give it back to him because they haven't got the first fucking clue what to do with it.

58103[/snapback]

Watched Parker closely since we signed him. The amount of times he wins the ball, looks around desperately to find a pass, and the rest of the team (bar Emre) don't even look interested. Really annoying. I think Parker should be a cert for the England team with Becks, Lampard and Gerrard.

Boumsong is looking shit mind.  He looks like a fish out of water even in our customarily shambolic defence. 

If Scott Parker doesn't get in the England set-up shortly, Sven wants his arse kicking.  I read somewhere today that Sven apparently feels that he lets himself down with his distribution - that as a ball-winner he's first class but it's what he does with it once he's won it that Sven has a problem with.  I think he may be being let down by his club team mates in this respect, as a lot of the time he'll win the ball, feed a team mate, and they'll give it back to him because they haven't got the first fucking clue what to do with it.

58103[/snapback]

Watched Parker closely since we signed him. The amount of times he wins the ball, looks around desperately to find a pass, and the rest of the team (bar Emre) don't even look interested. Really annoying. I think Parker should be a cert for the England team with Becks, Lampard and Gerrard.

58106[/snapback]

I meant to say that as well actually - not only does he sometimes get the ball straight back, half the time no one even shows for the pass (with the exception, as you say, of Emre).

hm. I remember before we signed Boumsong, and a lot of people were saying how great he was, just because he's a foreigner and cost a lot of money .........

8m quid down the plug perhaps ? Never mind, we can afford it ........

hm. I remember before we signed Boumsong, and a lot of people were saying how great he was, just because he's a foreigner and cost a lot of money .........

8m quid down the plug perhaps ? Never mind, we can afford it ........

58113[/snapback]

got a silly foreign name so he's good

they were wrong

he's tosh

Souness had better start buying some new defenders in January. And I mean young, talented defenders, no need for "experience" - as in the shape of Lundekvam, Moore etc.

The sad thing he won't. He loves his Boumsong too much, being a "proper" player n'all, so he'll always start, and what's more is vice-captain. But Yogic I think it's fair to say Bramble was more shocking.

And Parker's class. Ledley King? Not sure about his distribution for starters...

Today showed us that Bramble and Boumsong are not good enough. We sorely missed Steven Taylor. And Parker just showed all his doubters how good he is. And that is a top player. I would put Craig Moore into the starting line up as soon as he is fit. He maybe isn't the best defender around but he is a consistent player who IMO will work beside Taylor. I dunno what has happened to Boumsong, maybe he will regain form but at the moment he is looking a rip off although we shouldn't just say hes shite and be done with it. The lad showed some good form last year. Next weekend I would drop Bramble and replace him with Ramage and bring Carr back in at right back. Ramage is a centre half so put him there and he won't fuck up like Bramble.

I'm not convinced with this talk of how much we missed Taylor. Yes, we made mistakes at the back today, but it's not as if Taylor is Mr. Reliable. He's going to be a good player, but we shouldn't kid ourselves that once he's back everything will be ok.

i was expecting a fighting performance, hoping we'd nick the win, and praying that we'd play as a good unit, in the final 3rd and in the defence.

i was dissapointed 3 times.

tbh i'm blaming souness for this one. he really didn't succeed in getting the players up for this one. we were dissorginised and shambolic at times at the back.

Today showed us that Bramble and Boumsong are not good enough. We sorely missed Steven Taylor. And Parker just showed all his doubters how good he is. And that is a top player. I would put Craig Moore into the starting line up as soon as he is fit. He maybe isn't the best defender around but he is a consistent player who IMO will work beside Taylor. I dunno what has happened to Boumsong, maybe he will regain form but at the moment he is looking a rip off although we shouldn't just say hes shite and be done with it. The lad showed some good form last year. Next weekend I would drop Bramble and replace him with Ramage and bring Carr back in at right back. Ramage is a centre half so put him there and he won't fuck up like Bramble.

58122[/snapback]

Agree with the bold bit.

From what I know about Moore he is solid and unflapable. Maybe that would work in a youth/experince situation with Taylor.

But he's no world-beater and Taylor is out til the end of Jan. Didn't Titus and Boumsong have a few really good games together last season? We're going to have to go with that for the next few weeks at least.

On a bit of a tangent, do you think Boro would sell Chris Riggott? I like the idea of him and Taylor as a brains/brawn partnership.

I'm not convinced with this talk of how much we missed Taylor.  Yes, we made mistakes at the back today, but it's not as if Taylor is Mr. Reliable.  He's going to be a good player, but we shouldn't kid ourselves that once he's back everything will be ok.

58123[/snapback]

What he said. Taylor is really over-rated by some people. He's reckless.

58122[/snapback]

Agree with the bold bit.

From what I know about Moore he is solid and unflapable. Maybe that would work in a youth/experince situation with Taylor.

But he's no world-beater and Taylor is out til the end of Jan. Didn't Titus and Boumsong have a few really good games together last season? We're going to have to go with that for the next few weeks at least.

On a bit of a tangent, do you think Boro would sell Chris Riggott? I like the idea of him and Taylor as a brains/brawn partnership.

58167[/snapback]

I have seen Craig Moore play a lot and he is old slow can't tackle properly and gives away too many free kicks and penalties. Basically he is an Australian Andy O'Brien. Except not the age bit. You have to ask yourself this. Why do we think someone who Rangers let go for free (he wasnt getting his game at the time as well) will be better than someone Rangers asked 8 million for and still didn't want him to go?

I have seen Craig Moore play a lot and he is old slow can't tackle properly and gives away too many free kicks and penalties. Basically he is an Australian Andy O'Brien. Except not the age bit. You have to ask yourself this. Why do we think someone who Rangers let go for free (he wasnt getting his game at the time as well) will be better than someone Rangers asked 8 million for and still didn't want him to go?

58214[/snapback]

Moore is cack (he is slow, yet on the positive he's committed and tough tackling)but if you are going to slag the player KCG at least do it with facts.

It is well known that rangers let him go because they were pissed at him choosing country over club for the 2004 olympics. He was their club captain up until this happened so it's not as if they didn't rate him prior to that. After they released him he went to Borussia Monchengladbach, but the sacking of his former Rangers manager, Dick Advocaat, saw him leave in fairly controversial circumstances, one where the club could sack him and not have to pay him out. George Burley has had the same accusation levelled at him remember?

As for Saturday, well Bramble alone was responsible for the first (gave it away) and second goals (he is being directed by Boumsong to Henry but stands still) but that doesn't excuse the fact there is no organisation what so ever at the back. Boumsong really looks more like DM the way he plays. Zonal marking, trying to play the ball and even trying to beat his opposition. Shay's response to the first goals says it all, you can see him thinking "what the fuck do I have to do!"

and nobody mentions the way solano gave away the ball for the 2nd goal...i wonder why ?

58343[/snapback]

It was in their half for fuck sake! And Nobby was looking for someone to pass forwards to instead of doing what his team-mates were doing and constantly passing the ball back to Shay!

he may have lost the ball but we had at least 5 people behind the ball and yet Bramble still couldn't pick up his man.

Boumsong's been shit ever since a Yeading player turned him inside out on his debut tbh.

58117[/snapback]

I think I've mentioned it before but I thought that last season, when he did impress a lot of people, Boumsong was made to look good because Bramble was playing so well. This season, without that luxury, he's been awful. He seems to make bad decisions when defending, he doesn't sense danger and, especially given his size, he's shite on the air. Another thing that worries me about the way he is playing is that since he's arrived he seems to be the player who is sweeping behind the centre-back (Taylor or Bramble). When he played in France, he was the physical defender of the middle two with his partner Phillipe Mexes doing the sweeper's job. Personally I think he's 'hiding' in the sweeper's role here because he isn't up to physical side of the game. He may be playing to orders of course, we don't know. One time I have seen him play well this season is Arsenal away when he had a good game against Henry. Now, I wouldn't want to belittle that achievement too much, since Henry is such a good player, but there isn't much point in being able to do a job like that if you're going to struggle week-in, week-out in the PL because you can't cope with the physical aspects of playing against the Geoff Horsfields of this world.

Boumsong was doing ok, not spectacular, but ok. Then after the Manure disaster he seems to have lost his confidence. After Brambles mistake at the weekend we've now got two under pressure low confidence centre halfs which means yet another season of keystone cop defending I reckon. Stephen Taylor is a good centre half, but it seems a lot of pressure is being heaped up on him and I worry about his treatment when he makes a big mistake. Saying that though, he's overated and treated differently anyway due to his roots.

Boumsong and Bramble need to get back to where they were at the end of last term. It might not have been spectacular but it was fairly steady. These things aren't going to come instantly. It's a shame that Taylor got injured because Boumsong could probably have done with a break to regain confidence. But as it is these two are going to have to play together. You'd imagine playing behind Scott Parker would instill a bit more confidence in the defence, but it seems they're going to require longer.

On a plus Parkers challenge on Cole!!!

I think I've mentioned it before but I thought that last season, when he did impress a lot of people, Boumsong was made to look good because Bramble was playing so well. This season, without that luxury, he's been awful. He seems to make bad decisions when defending, he doesn't sense danger and, especially given his size, he's shite on the air. Another thing that worries me about the way he is playing is that since he's arrived he seems to be the player who is sweeping behind the centre-back (Taylor or Bramble). When he played in France, he was the physical defender of the middle two with his partner Phillipe Mexes doing the sweeper's job. Personally I think he's 'hiding' in the sweeper's role here because he isn't up to physical side of the game. He may be playing to orders of course, we don't know. One time I have seen him play well this season is Arsenal away when he had a good game against Henry. Now, I wouldn't want to belittle that achievement too much, since Henry is such a good player, but there isn't much point in being able to do a job like that if you're going to struggle week-in, week-out in the PL because you can't cope with the physical aspects of playing against the Geoff Horsfields of this world.

58374[/snapback]

Good post, that.

and nobody mentions the way solano gave away the ball for the 2nd goal...i wonder why ?

58343[/snapback]

It was in their half for fuck sake! And Nobby was looking for someone to pass forwards to instead of doing what his team-mates were doing and constantly passing the ball back to Shay!

he may have lost the ball but we had at least 5 people behind the ball and yet Bramble still couldn't pick up his man.

58344[/snapback]

it was given to a chelsea player(lampard i think) in the same area where gudjonssen picked up brambles shit pass.and in both cases there were as many behind the ball,as if that matters.brambles was a shit aimless pass,solano's was to run aimlessly into trouble while his head was up and he saw what was coming,passing back would have made sense!!!!!

as for bramble picking up his man,wasnt ramage closest and went to crespo,do you want bramble to pick him up and throw him out the way shouting "he's my man" ?,poor defending by both but why do you lay the blame one way.

it must be funny to watch a match making your decisions on "unlucky"/"shit pass" by who plays it depending on wether it's a scapegoat or a fave.

Edited by shakermaker

it was given to a chelsea player(lampard i think) in the same area where gudjonssen picked up brambles shit pass.and in both cases there were as many behind the ball,as if that matters.brambles was a shit aimless pass,solano's was to run aimlessly into trouble while his head was up and he saw what was coming,passing back would have made sense!!!!!

as for bramble picking up his man,wasnt ramage closest and went to crespo,do you want bramble to pick him up and throw him out the way shouting "he's my man" ?,poor defending by both but why do you lay the blame one way.

it must be funny to watch a match making your decisions on "unlucky"/"shit pass" by who plays it depending on wether it's a scapegoat or a fave.

59258[/snapback]

You think?

Pass the ball backwards? that's what the team did for about 80% of the game, we were in their half and attacking.

Shakermaker, I'm not picking on him because he is shit but because he played like shit and made two major errors. Ramage was actually covering whoever it was that was coming down the wing, Bramble didn't go to the ball, he didn't go to the unmarked man that was next to him when he was being directed - watch the game again if you don't believe me.

As for the bit in bold, get a grip.

I call it as I see it. No-one is a scapegoat in my opinion but those that fuck up will be told they fucked up.