Chelsea V Newcastle

Yogic

it was given to a chelsea player(lampard i think) in the same area where gudjonssen picked up brambles shit pass.and in both cases there were as many behind the ball,as if that matters.brambles was a shit aimless pass,solano's was to run aimlessly into trouble while his head was up and he saw what was coming,passing back would have made sense!!!!!

as for bramble picking up his man,wasnt ramage closest and went to crespo,do you want bramble to pick him up and throw him out the way shouting "he's my man" ?,poor defending by both but why do you lay the blame one way.

it must be funny to watch a match making your decisions on "unlucky"/"shit pass" by who plays it depending on wether it's a scapegoat or a fave.

59258[/snapback]

You think?

Pass the ball backwards? that's what the team did for about 80% of the game, we were in their half and attacking.

Shakermaker, I'm not picking on him because he is shit but because he played like shit and made two major errors. Ramage was actually covering whoever it was that was coming down the wing, Bramble didn't go to the ball, he didn't go to the unmarked man that was next to him when he was being directed - watch the game again if you don't believe me.

As for the bit in bold, get a grip.

I call it as I see it. No-one is a scapegoat in my opinion but those that fuck up will be told they fucked up.

59264[/snapback]

bramble headed back to cover,right thing to do,would you rather he just ran to a man and tried to stick with him 40yds out ?ramage was first to crespo,good work!,neither got a tackle or block in,poor by both,now go back and look at where and how solano lost the ball !!!!

it was given to a chelsea player(lampard i think) in the same area where gudjonssen picked up brambles shit pass.and in both cases there were as many behind the ball,as if that matters.brambles was a shit aimless pass,solano's was to run aimlessly into trouble while his head was up and he saw what was coming,passing back would have made sense!!!!!

as for bramble picking up his man,wasnt ramage closest and went to crespo,do you want bramble to pick him up and throw him out the way shouting "he's my man" ?,poor defending by both but why do you lay the blame one way.

it must be funny to watch a match making your decisions on "unlucky"/"shit pass" by who plays it depending on wether it's a scapegoat or a fave.

59258[/snapback]

You think?

Pass the ball backwards? that's what the team did for about 80% of the game, we were in their half and attacking.

Shakermaker, I'm not picking on him because he is shit but because he played like shit and made two major errors. Ramage was actually covering whoever it was that was coming down the wing, Bramble didn't go to the ball, he didn't go to the unmarked man that was next to him when he was being directed - watch the game again if you don't believe me.

As for the bit in bold, get a grip.

I call it as I see it. No-one is a scapegoat in my opinion but those that fuck up will be told they fucked up.

59264[/snapback]

bramble headed back to cover,right thing to do,would you rather he just ran to a man and tried to stick with him 40yds out ?ramage was first to crespo,good work!,neither got a tackle or block in,poor by both,now go back and look at where and how solano lost the ball !!!!

59268[/snapback]

Sorry but you're talking out your arse.

A bit like your comment on Hughes in the Dyer thread.

To prove the point I will post pics from the game for you tomorrow.

I suppose you are going to tell us next that the pass for the first goal from Bramble was Nobby's fault because it was meant to be to him.

Edited by sammynb

nope,i've already said the first one is totally brambles,but blame should be apportioned wher it is due.

59272[/snapback]

Agreed and losing the ball in the oppositions half with more defenders than the oppositions attackers behind you doesn't constitute fault in my opinion. And here in lies where we differ in footballing opinions.

nope,i've already said the first one is totally brambles,but blame should be apportioned wher it is due.

59272[/snapback]

Agreed and losing the ball in the oppositions half with more defenders than the oppositions attackers behind you doesn't constitute fault in my opinion. And here in lies where we differ in footballing opinions.

59274[/snapback]

you see this is where we come to scapegoating again...where does gudjonsson recieve the ball off bramble,about 8yds in the chelsea half ??? how many toon players between him and the goal,now turn it round,where does lampard get the ball off solano about 5yds further back in a very similar position .in both occasions there were technically more defenders thatn attackers between ball and goal and thats where we differ,you call it maths i call it football.

brambles is worse,no doubt,but theres not a great deal in it.

be brave say they were both as bad as each other

59272[/snapback]

59274[/snapback]

you see this is where we come to scapegoating again...where does gudjonsson recieve the ball off bramble,about 8yds in the chelsea half ??? how many toon players between him and the goal,now turn it round,where does lampard get the ball off solano about 5yds further back in a very similar position .in both occasions there were technically more defenders thatn attackers between ball and goal and thats where we differ,you call it maths i call it football.

brambles is worse,no doubt,but theres not a great deal in it.

be brave say they were both as bad as each other

59276[/snapback]

just re-watched it and 8 yds is a bit much,though the distance doesnt really matter both gave it away pointlessly around the half way line with similar amounts of defenders between the ball and goal.

just re-watched it and 8 yds is a bit much,though the distance doesnt really matter both gave it away pointlessly around the half way line with similar amounts of defenders between the ball and goal.

59277[/snapback]

See you've now seen it, haven't you?

Yes Nobby lost the ball, no disbutes there but he was looking for someone and as was the team for most of the game, no-one made themselves available.

Now what happens in the box just before the goal?

Watch the reverse angle replay, it is obvious.

59277[/snapback]

Yes Nobby lost the ball, no disbutes there but he was looking for someone and as was the team for most of the game, no-one made themselves available.

59279[/snapback]

nail on the head mate. No movement, no desire, no one making or trying to make anything happen. The player that did that the best was deemed not good enough.

Still, we've got a nice happy dressing room. Where is that exactly when the chips are down ?

59277[/snapback]

59279[/snapback]

nail on the head mate. No movement, no desire, no one making or trying to make anything happen. The player that did that the best was deemed not good enough.

Still, we've got a nice happy dressing room. Where is that exactly when the chips are down ?

59321[/snapback]

He's never coming back you know. :D

59277[/snapback]

59279[/snapback]

yes i watched it again and he gives the ball up easy as did bramble,bramble was attempting to pass aswell(god knows who to!!),he done exactly the same as solano ,but they aren't tret the same...why ?

also better keep the ball,go backwards if necessary and wait for movement than lose it while waiting,it's called keeping possession.

59277[/snapback]

59279[/snapback]

59321[/snapback]

He's never coming back you know. :D

59335[/snapback]

sad man who still insists we are better off than under Bobby Robson, despite all the evidence to the contrary

You aren't Newcastle's accountant are you ?

Edited by LeazesMag

yes i watched it again and he gives the ball up easy as did bramble,bramble was attempting to pass aswell(god knows who to!!),he done exactly the same as solano ,but they aren't tret the same...why ?

also better keep the ball,go backwards if necessary and wait for movement than lose it while waiting,it's called keeping possession.

59472[/snapback]

But Bramble is our last line, Nobby was well into their half of the field, you said it yourself and trying to start an attack.

Fuck me shaker, after seeing what bramble and boumsong did with the ball for most of the game I can understnd why Nobby was reluctant to pass the ball backwards. As a players you have to have confidence in your team mates to pass to them and I highly doubt our central defensive pair are doing that in their team mates at the moment.

Honest question: Weren't you one of the people on another board that always put shite on Nobby and supported his sale? I just seem to remember someone with a similar username from the states that wasn't a fan of him.

59472[/snapback]

But Bramble is our last line, Nobby was well into their half of the field, you said it yourself and trying to start an attack.

Fuck me shaker, after seeing what bramble and boumsong did with the ball for most of the game I can understnd why Nobby was reluctant to pass the ball backwards. As a players you have to have confidence in your team mates to pass to them and I highly doubt our central defensive pair are doing that in their team mates at the moment.

Honest question: Weren't you one of the people on another board that always put shite on Nobby and supported his sale? I just seem to remember someone with a similar username from the states that wasn't a fan of him.

59884[/snapback]

they both gave the ball away in similar positions,regardless of one being a midfielder,also he didnt seem about to start an attack,and the idea he was reluctant to pass backwards cos of the centre halves form is laughable....just admit it,solano dropped as big a bollix as bramble but you wont treet them equally.

honest answer...when solano left i wasnt bothered as hed been playing poor for us for best part of a season,i'm also on record as saying we undersold him and that if he'd played for us in that season the way he played for villa i wouldnt have been happy with his sale,i havent had a go at him since he came back even though he's been at best average as i think players need to play their way into a new team(we'll see if luque gets this privelage).

they both gave the ball away in similar positions,regardless of one being a midfielder,also he didnt seem about to start an attack,and the idea he was reluctant to pass backwards cos of the centre halves form is laughable....just admit it,solano dropped as big a bollix as bramble but you wont treet them equally.

honest answer...when solano left i wasnt bothered as hed been playing poor for us for best part of a season,i'm also on record as saying we undersold him and that if he'd played for us in that season the way he played for villa i wouldnt have been happy with his sale,i havent had a go at him since he came back even though he's been at best average as i think players need to play their way into a new team(we'll see if luque gets this privelage).

59893[/snapback]

I can't believe I waited all this time for that answer.

As for treat them equally, no there is no equally about it. Nobby lost the ball, YES!

And had an average game, just like the majority of his team mates.

Bramble consistantly throughout the game made mistake after mistake after mistake, EQUALLY so did his partner in the centre of defence.

Since Nobby has been returned from injury he has played every game, under a new and clueless manager that doesn't like width on the park for some reason. His touch and distribution has been let down by his team mates by their lack of movement.

Bramble on the other hand had a couple of games in the stiffs since returning from injury and he can't even get the basics right.

Now I'm not favouring Solano but stating facts. As for they gave the ball away in similar positions only if you classify Newcastle and Manchester in similar positions because they are both north of London.

made mistake after mistake defensivly ??? one howler in the first half then his killer in the secand..actually defended well,distribution was shocking,which as you say may have something to do with the lack of movement...hope your not one of those who boo brambles long passes not thitting there man than blame others for not moving when others passes go astray ?cant actuall remember crespo having a sniff till he scored

bramble gave the ball away with him and the rest of the defence between the ball and goal,so did solano!the difference between where where lampard got the ball and gudjonssen was about 5-10yds

made mistake after mistake defensivly ??? one howler in the first half then his killer in the secand..actually defended well,distribution was shocking,which as you say may have something to do with the lack of movement...hope your not one of those who boo brambles long passes not thitting there man than blame others for not moving when others passes go astray ?cant actuall remember crespo having a sniff till he scored

bramble gave the ball away with him and the rest of the defence between the ball and goal,so did solano!the difference between where where lampard got the ball and gudjonssen was about 5-10yds

59897[/snapback]

No when his radar is working the guy plays some great long balls.

Don't you remember the first 5 minutes of the game?

We, Boom and Bramble gave it away about 3 or 4 times from which chelsea should of punished us,

10 yards is a long way on a football pitch and no 4 defenders against 3 attckers, as in the Bramble mistake isn't the same as 4 defenders and a DM 10 yards further up the pitch, against what 3 attackers. Odds are considerably different, aren't they.