Oxegen 2010!

Kevin

Is anyone on here going? I'm heading down for 3 days and the line up is unreal!

EMINEM, MUSE, JAY-Z, THE BLACK EYED PEAS, KASABIAN, THE PRODIGY, FLORENCE+THE MACHINE, PAOLO NUTINI, FAITHLESS, STEREOPHONICS, DAVID GUETTA, VAMPIRE WEEKEND, MUMFORD & SONS JOHN MAYER, HOT CHIP, CALVIN HARRIS, NEWTON FAULKNER, GOSSIP, THE TEMPER TRAP, EMPIRE OF THE SUN, GOLDFRAPP, LA ROUX, WOLFMOTHER, RISE AGAINST, THE CORAL, BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE, ELLIE GOULDING, TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB, ARMAND VAN HELDEN, STEVE ANGELLO, SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO, EROL ALKAN, STEVE AOKI, A-TRAK, AEROPLANE

and more to be announced! cannot wait!!!

God no, filled with spides/knackers these days due to the daft amount of people allowed to goto it, camping at the thing is a nightmare now with all the kids who can't handle booze and the thieving, nevermind the ballymun security they hire instead of a proper firm.

I swore i wouldnt go back after 2006, had to break that for rage against the machine last year but i only bought a day ticket and stayed in Dublin, just used the buses to and from the festival that day

"EMINEM" - is one of the main reasons it'll be filled with gimps, Electric picnic's a much better festival , over 18's only none of this "if accompanied by an adult" nonsense and only weekend tickets and <30k people

(and before i get a wtf would you know, I went to witnness/oxegen every year since it first started at fairyhouse as witnness, 07 being the only year i completely missed it)

I'll be putting my tent in the corner of the blue camp to keep away from theives/gimps. I'm 17 in July btw so thats why I'll be going. 100k people will be a complete and utter nightmare. And mostly Derry people will be in the Blue Camp so hopefully it won't be that bad. Being 17 and my first ever festival (bar one big weekend - VIP :lol:) I really cannot wait for it.

And mostly Derry people will be in the Blue Camp so hopefully it won't be that bad.

Does not compute.

I'll break it down in the best way possible..

I'm from Derry.

in oxegen there is 3 campsites - Blue, Red and Green.

Everyone who goes from Derry goes to Blue. I know alot of them.

Better?

And mostly Derry people will be in the Blue Camp so hopefully it won't be that bad.

Does not compute.

I'm from Derry.

Better?

Never mind sweetheart.

Have to say I agree with Ant, Oxegen used to be something that resembled a rock festival. I went in 2005, 2006 and 2007 and each year the headliner was always someone who commanded respect and revery from every punter even the plebs who just went to get blattered on white lightning in a public arena. Foo Fighters, RATM, James Brown, Green Day (even though I'm not a huge fan I appreciated them being there). These groups meant that not only would there be some percentage of semi-intelligent music lovers but I was excited about goinG. Including two rappers really just transforms it even more into a 'pop' festival, yeah there will be genuine rap fans who go to the festival to see them but odds are on that your average ticket holder will be a pleb who wants to see 'the bloke out of 8 mile'.

I stopped going after 2007 when I noticed the decline of proper acts in favour of 'popular' people, clearly they've just shifted their demographic to your average pop fan. I don't mind if things are popular but unfortunately it tends to mean the likes of Lilly Allen and Lady Gaga end up playing.

So Eminem, whom I must admit could jump in front of my car and I'd fail to care about him, is an unwelcome addition as a headliner.

Who else?

Muse - same old, they're an excellent band and superb live but I think this is their 2nd or 3rd year in a row.

Kasabian are average among under average British groups so they headline, why not bring in an american rock icon instead?

Sad times indeed.

Have to say I agree with Ant, Oxegen used to be something that resembled a rock festival. I went in 2005, 2006 and 2007 and each year the headliner was always someone who commanded respect and revery from every punter even the plebs who just went to get blattered on white lightning in a public arena. Foo Fighters, RATM, James Brown, Green Day (even though I'm not a huge fan I appreciated them being there). These groups meant that not only would there be some percentage of semi-intelligent music lovers but I was excited about goinG. Including two rappers really just transforms it even more into a 'pop' festival, yeah there will be genuine rap fans who go to the festival to see them but odds are on that your average ticket holder will be a pleb who wants to see 'the bloke out of 8 mile'.

I stopped going after 2007 when I noticed the decline of proper acts in favour of 'popular' people, clearly they've just shifted their demographic to your average pop fan. I don't mind if things are popular but unfortunately it tends to mean the likes of Lilly Allen and Lady Gaga end up playing.

So Eminem, whom I must admit could jump in front of my car and I'd fail to care about him, is an unwelcome addition as a headliner.

Who else?

Muse - same old, they're an excellent band and superb live but I think this is their 2nd or 3rd year in a row.

Kasabian are average among under average British groups so they headline, why not bring in an american rock icon instead?

Sad times indeed.

I think that is a cracking line up, upon speaking to my ma as i type this i am allowed to go - when i posted it was a maybe - so for me at this age i cant wait for it. thing im worried about is the amount of people that will go looking for fights etc.

Does not compute.

I'm from Derry.

Better?

hate to break it to ya but if you think it's going to work like that your sorely mistaken trust me

Explain please

Does not compute.

:lol:

I haven't gone to Oxegen in years. Broken Social Scene should be phenomenal. I'll have to keep an eye on them doing a gig elsewhere around that time.

• 9 months later...