NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

Can remember Peter Withe as a player but not as a Newcastle one (Villa mainly). I have vague recollections of the 82 European Cup Final (but not his goal). He played a few games for England too iirc around that period.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Can remember Peter Withe as a player but not as a Newcastle one (Villa mainly). I have vague recollections of the 82 European Cup Final (but not his goal). He played a few games for England too iirc around that period.

As a young 'un I absolutely loved Peter Withe, i was at roker park when he scored a header ( made it 1-1 i think), roker end was jam packed with Newcastle fans atmosphere was superb. He scored loads of goals with his head. 

The sweatbands were class as well.

Here's a youtube clip, including that goal against the mackems  1.20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYX1zbly3_c

Edited by Tdansmith
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

She was in power for 11 years having crushed her opposition effortlessly in each general election so I would assume she has crossed paths with many undesirable people.

Surprised you're seemingly unaware that she was close friends with Savile

Just now, SpaceCadet said:

If he was the type to shout from the rooftops he would have been exposed much earlier.

Agreed. He probably just confided in his close friends instead

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is every thread in the forum going to be transformed into a political showdown :lol:

Yes.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

If he was the type to shout from the rooftops he would have been exposed much earlier.

Oh I'm sure he was exposed plenty of times.