NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

Haven't seen this version before. Trying to recognise the kids. I think Kevin Caizley & Ian Bogie are seated at the front and David Robinson is behind Colin Suggett. Who the bloody hell is the Dan Burn wannabe though? Kevin Scott was a fairly tall lad but this fella towers over him!!!

the-newcastle-united-squad-line-up-ahead-of-the-198687-season-at-st-picture-id1383049404?s=2048x2048

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Haven't seen this version before. Trying to recognise the kids. I think Kevin Caizley & Ian Bogie are seated at the front and David Robinson is behind Colin Suggett. Who the bloody hell is the Dan Burn wannabe though? Kevin Scott was a fairly tall lad but this fella towers over him!!!

the-newcastle-united-squad-line-up-ahead-of-the-198687-season-at-st-picture-id1383049404?s=2048x2048

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-uniteds-class-1985---8650918

Not in the youth cup squad by the looks of it… 

Edited by PaddockLad

58 minutes ago, Craig said:

I was thinking “ he looks familiar …” and then I realised it’s the same kid from when we tried to identify him in a pic in the dressing room team bath with mcreery. 

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I was thinking “ he looks familiar …” and then I realised it’s the same kid from when we tried to identify him in a pic in the dressing room team bath with mcreery. 

Is it?  The other kid in that pic was Jeff Wrightson? 

We’re talking about fucking freakishly tall lad far left on the back row- aye? 

He’s definitely the same kid in the team bath photo. But he isn’t Jeff Wrightson. 

I can’t find the pic but if memory serves Mysterio here is also on the left in the bath. 

( Are we sure it’s not Peter Withe, btw?) 

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

3F09A78A-61F9-4E0C-BA14-A0C17D14B046.thumb.jpeg.6335f803847d210b8a515bff30e83ff5.jpeg

Him at the back, fucking giant :lol:

He definitely grew up with his feet in a bag of manure like :lol:

I remember this photo. The rumour was that Albert Craig was there to start with and the end chair on the front row was for Mirandinha who never showed up! :lol:

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:good:

the kid on the other end is Wrightson, he popped up on that Facebook group to say who the other lad was but I couldn’t remember what he said :lol: 

The one next to McCreery? Kevin Caizley

8 hours ago, ewerk said:

No wonder Beardsley wanted to sit close to John Bailey. In comparison Pedro looks like a male model.

Martin Thomas’ expression is about to change when he realises Bailey’s just had a dump 

• Haha 1

On 01/06/2022 at 00:47, Craig said:

Turn left for the terrace, turn right for…

if you know, you know.

6E2146B5-8B24-4BB0-8942-53D65D78C68D.jpeg

Not the Gallowgate apparently.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Craig said:

Watched that at the time as a teenager and thought it was great but it's even better viewing now after all these years. Watched it the other when I was bored and it's superb, both in the nostalgia and the realisation of how amateur the beautiful game still was compared to now. Gazza reading out the Domino numbers for a football after the game is phoenix nights territory but it's actually warming to see all the interviews again with the players and managers you grew up with including Arthur Cox's cameo with Derby. I genuinely lolled at Harrison's interview with the hospitality bloke and the pride both took with the catering which was laid out on a table and looked like every buffet you've ever seen at a do held in a clurb, so innocently funny and it's the innocence of it all that makes you smile throughout it. If you you remember the times and were young yourself then I'd highly recommend watching it even if you saw it the first time. You can't compare that coverage of now but it's actually a lot better in it's own way. Proper nostalgia fest. :D

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

FW-Ud-OXk-AA8m-GD.jpg

It may be a black & white photo but considering that was taken in May (nice warm weather) after the Brighton match ......but that pitch looks shit....todays pampered snowflakes wouldn't dive as much cos they'd get dirty knees