NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

22561_322654160780_624950780_5195717_3349656_n.jpg

Just reading NUFC.COM and realised this was 20 years ago today! Remember it as though it was yesterday - Aitken's only goal for us.

Sweet revenge for this one Stevie?

17078_301760481997_700486997_5022485_3138209_n.jpg

Aye ;)

Honestly see where that A is in the upper tier that is literally roughly where I was sat that day. Greeeeeat day that.

edit the A in ATCH that is.

Was stood in the lower tier paddock of Derby fans (angle facing camera) out of shot around the half way line. Travelled without a ticket so just got in anywhere possible. An experience that will live with me forever for lots of reasons. :icon_lol: As you've said before, our lot were outstanding that day.

Guest Barrack Road

Best thread on here for ages. I can't stop singing ooh ahh Franzie Carr in my head. For the OC's on here, the one where Keegan's pleading at the ref, is that Trelford Mills and that the Brighton game where he disallowed two good goals in stoppage time?

Best thread on here for ages. I can't stop singing ooh ahh Franzie Carr in my head. For the OC's on here, the one where Keegan's pleading at the ref, is that Trelford Mills and that the Brighton game where he disallowed two good goals in stoppage time?

Yes, FA cup replay 1983, shocking referee that day, still makes me angry to this day. Disallowed 2 legit goals, there were 2 clear penalties he didn’t give and he even got in the way of a Varadi shot.

All in front of the Gallowgate, which was raging more than Keegan in that pic, no one could believe how he made any of his decisions — bastard.

Edited by Giraffidae

I love these threads. That Derby picture is the best, Peacock scoring from Franzie's cross, how we got sweet revenge that day. That Spurs vid too, everyone I've spoken to that was there that day said it could've been another Hillsborough and just look at the fans behind the goal it really could've been.

If the coppers hadn't opened a bit of terracing used for segregation it could well have been. Chock a block that day and so loud my hearing was distorted. Mayhem outside as well, with those 'hooligan vans' patrolling the streets.

I may be mistaken but this looks like a distant picture of SJP before the East Stand was built. Have seen the aerial shot from the Barrack Road side before, but never from this side of town...

27248_384613416074_711621074_5392106_2600414_n.jpg

Yep, its a confusing one that, its clearly taken from the University, the Trent is at the top of the curve of houses nearest the camera with the road to the East stand heading straight up what throws you is the building in the fore at the right of the image, it looks just like the old Metreological office which was behind the Gallowgate and which must be just out of shot on the pic.

The building to the right in the foreground is part of the University. The photo is taken from the Physics block I think.

Mad that looking up that road towards the East Stand you can see the seats of the old West Stand. Big give away is that there's 4 floodlight pylons too - IIRC when I started going to the match only the two at the western side of the ground were there - the two on the eastern side were replaced by floodlights along the length of the roof of the stand.

Guest Barrack Road
Am I the only who wishes they were born in an earlier era?

Nope. I wish you were too

:blush:

:lol: Heh.

Edited by Barrack Road

The building to the right in the foreground is part of the University. The photo is taken from the Physics block I think.

Mad that looking up that road towards the East Stand you can see the seats of the old West Stand. Big give away is that there's 4 floodlight pylons too - IIRC when I started going to the match only the two at the western side of the ground were there - the two on the eastern side were replaced by floodlights along the length of the roof of the stand.

Close, the Maths block. Herschel building, the big grey one with the scaffolding on it.

Yeah, my early match-going memory is the same, just two floodlight pylons.

Is the supporters club hut the one that used to be next to the comic shop in Haymarket?

Is the supporters club hut the one that used to be next to the comic shop in Haymarket?

Indeed it is... just over the road from this:

n586201428_1480141_3508.jpg

Shame all that's gone now ;)

Pedro in goal for us - lets not mention the score, eh? :yes

24600_390546845780_624950780_5439286_2494467_n.jpg

Fences going up only 6 years before they hastily came back down...

24600_390546875780_624950780_5439288_2378702_n.jpg

Shame all that's gone now :yes

Ah, The Amphetamine Discount Store, happy days!

<_<

What years that from? That used to be my local haunt (That, the Doll and the Dog & Parrot) but was The Farmers Rest.

What years that from? That used to be my local haunt (That, the Doll and the Dog & Parrot) but was The Farmers Rest.

Not too sure mate but going by the attire and the 'Giant Screen Live TV' banner I'm guessing it's in the early Premiership years - 1993/4/5 perhaps??

I used to drink in all 3 of those pubs too <_<

Where is/was the The Farmers Rest at?

if I'm not mistaken its was on Percy Street,where the Haymarket bus station/M & S is.......apparently Chelsea tried to take it sometime in the 80s...tried being the operative word :yes

Where is/was the The Farmers Rest at?

Thomas Keith you philistine!! :yes

Before the Haymarket Bus Station was re-developed as part of the M&S expansion in the mid 90s, it was on the north corner of Percy Street and Prudhoe Place. Since the development, Prudhoe Place has actually moved south slightly and I'd guestimate the location was roundabout where this map centres:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=54.976613,-1.615092