NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

Guest Barrack Road

and Terry Mac welcome, we still love old Supermac.

Superb watching this back again, I still remember Stephenson's ball in for the opener "and a little floater there and its in!!" If you look at that clip like, that's what it used to be like before the game up till about 93, loads and loads of singing some of the best bits of atmosphere were well before the game even kicked off.

Craig hats off for this.

If any of your group could upload the toon v Spurs in 88 that would be class 2-2 draw. Also the 2-1 v Man Utd 87 and the 3-2 v Forest, and 5-4 v Leicester and 1-1 v Sunderland 91.

Edited by Barrack Road

Aye sorry Marc, I should have put a comment in as to where I'd seen them.

As for the rest of you, I've 'supplied' Marc with some software that will allow him to convert a whole library of video clips into a format that he'll be able to upload to Youtube. For example:

:icon_lol:

I had this on video and must have worn the tape out on it when I was younger. I don't know if any of you remember, but ITV tried to get out of televising this game and wanted to put a Spurs game on the box instead but were told they had to by the Football League or NUFC as they had already agreed to televise it and were contractually obliged to do so, (and also pay NUFC the money). ITV's reason? Who wanted to watch a game between a good West Ham side away to a team at the bottom of the league? Would anyone pay enough money for the half time adverts? When you think of their CL coverage it seems little has changed. (This was our only live coverage of that season.)

and Terry Mac welcome, we still love old Supermac.

Superb watching this back again, I still remember Stephenson's ball in for the opener "and a little floater there and its in!!" If you look at that clip like, that's what it used to be like before the game up till about 93, loads and loads of singing some of the best bits of atmosphere were well before the game even kicked off.

Craig hats off for this.

If any of your group could upload the toon v Spurs in 88 that would be class 2-2 draw. Also the 2-1 v Man Utd 87 and the 3-2 v Forest, and 5-4 v Leicester and 1-1 v Sunderland 91.

All I did was source and supply the conversion software - the true thanks need to go to the bloke who has kept the clips for so long.

Cheers sparko - awesome effort.

I had this game on Betamax (:icon_lol:) for years and watched it time and time and time again. Remember exactly the commentary you're referring to "a little floater and it's in there. Neil McDonald"...

Another bit that sticks in my mind is some bloke, obviously in close proximity to the microphone doing a red indian style holler during the first half. IIRC it was while they were showing a replay (yes, I watched the match THAT much!).

If the coppers hadn't opened a bit of terracing used for segregation it could well have been. Chock a block that day and so loud my hearing was distorted. Mayhem outside as well, with those 'hooligan vans' patrolling the streets.

This is when the Toon fans started to spill over into the unoccupied terrace. As soon as they went into there they got bombarded with coins by the Spurts fans above in 'The Shelf' an area of standing above a paddock.

16870_298326539739_779849739_4622244_1521377_n.jpg

Craig, cheers for the mention mate. Had i known it was you i would have delayed posting! ha ha. Suppose we just wanted a little credit for the idea and how huge and popular the page has become. Cheers

Anyone on facebook and wanting to join then feel free.

Regarding the gent who asked - 'If any of your group could upload the toon v Spurs in 88 that would be class 2-2 draw. Also the 2-1 v Man Utd 87 and the 3-2 v Forest, and 5-4 v Leicester and 1-1 v Sunderland 91.'

Got the whole lot covered mate so join the page or wait for craig's updates on here

All the best everyone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Gotta love those 'high-5' celebrations that Gazza, Jacko & Cornwell couldn't get enough of...

:lol: Much imitated in the school yard back in the day.

Gotta love those 'high-5' celebrations that Gazza, Jacko & Cornwell couldn't get enough of...

:lol: Much imitated in the school yard back in the day.

I dunno what you're talking about.... :)

The night we ruled Anfield.... well on the terraces anyway.... :lol:

Brilliant!

I just wish we still had 'colour' in our support like that now, with the scarves, flags etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Quinn's 4th goal on his debut in 1989. 50 seconds in and yours truly, aged 12 is seen in Co-op ball-boy garb running towards Mick Quinn to celebrate. :razz:

Guest Barrack Road

Quinn's 4th goal on his debut in 1989. 50 seconds in and yours truly, aged 12 is seen in Co-op ball-boy garb running towards Mick Quinn to celebrate. :D

Very emotive watching this like. Twenty years ago in a few months time. Where have the years went. I remember this was the first game we were allowed to go on our own, I remember leaving my mates after the game, and getting the metro to Walkergate and walking to me nana's :D:( god rest her soul and her giving me 50p to get some chips from the chippy on Sutton Street :razz::D :D :D :D Life was a lot less complicated then, and so was going to the match.

SUNKENSittingAreas.jpg

I used to love watching the fountains round the base of that cafe. And the smell of Don Millers Bakery. Mmmm...

WOW ... You've brough back one of my very earliest memories. My family lived in Newcastle from when I was around two to six years of age (late 70s-early 80s).

It's the reason why I support the Toon.

My very earliest memories are all from when we lived in the UK. They're mostly of snow, a black cat on a roof, my blue parker I wore, Mr Men yoghurt (or something like that), riding a double-decker bus, etc.

Wow, I remember that shopping centre!!!!!!!

Thank you!

:razz:

Guest Barrack Road
21 years in a few months time Stevie... not 20.

Aye August 89 sorry, wish I could go back to then. That goal from Quinn, honestly we've had proper world class players at the toon in the last 20 years, Shearer defo was, but none of them were a better finisher than Micky Quinn. Did you help the lad up who fell over the advertising boards :razz:

Guest Barrack Road
SUNKENSittingAreas.jpg

I used to love watching the fountains round the base of that cafe. And the smell of Don Millers Bakery. Mmmm...

WOW ... You've brough back one of my very earliest memories. My family lived in Newcastle from when I was around two to six years of age (late 70s-early 80s).

My very earliest memories are all from when we lived in the UK. They're mostly of snow, a black cat on a roof, my blue parker I wore, Mr Men yoghurt (or something like that), riding a double-decker bus, etc.

Thank you!

:razz:

See those little steps in that picture there, they were full of warm water weren't they? Coins at the bottom?

Did you help the lad up who fell over the advertising boards :razz:

I was too busy being slapped on the head by a fat scouser... watch it again slowly and his right hand comes down firmly on my bonce :D

SUNKENSittingAreas.jpg

Thank you!

:D

See those little steps in that picture there, they were full of warm water weren't they? Coins at the bottom?

Wasn't that just the rubbish bin? :razz: Gratuitous design with the steps and all that but I'm sure that thing in the middle is the bin.

Guest Barrack Road
SUNKENSittingAreas.jpg

Thank you!

:D

Wasn't that just the rubbish bin? :razz: Gratuitous design with the steps and all that but I'm sure that thing in the middle is the bin.

Aye you might be right, maybe the warm water thing was under the circular restaurant, was like a water spirt.