NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

SUNKENSittingAreas.jpg

I used to love watching the fountains round the base of that cafe. And the smell of Don Millers Bakery. Mmmm...

WOW ... You've brough back one of my very earliest memories. My family lived in Newcastle from when I was around two to six years of age (late 70s-early 80s).

It's the reason why I support the Toon.

My very earliest memories are all from when we lived in the UK. They're mostly of snow, a black cat on a roof, my blue parker I wore, Mr Men yoghurt (or something like that), riding a double-decker bus, etc.

Wow, I remember that shopping centre!!!!!!!

Thank you!

:D

See those little steps in that picture there, they were full of warm water weren't they? Coins at the bottom?

Wasn't that just the rubbish bin? :razz: Gratuitous design with the steps and all that but I'm sure that thing in the middle is the bin.

Aye you might be right, maybe the warm water thing was under the circular restaurant, was like a water spirt.

Think that is where it was. Used to think that restaurant looked like a flyng saucer when I was little. Has anyone mentioned the giant pencils btw?

Aye, two posts up!

Cant find any pictures though

:razz: Sorry, so you did. H&S would have a field day!

I wish I could find a picture like, I loved climbing and swinging around them back in the day! Aye you wouldnt see anything like that now, which is a shame.

Guest Barrack Road

Where were the pencils, I can vaguely remember them, but not where they were. I remember the bus stop cafe down stairs in the 80s best chips ever, and of course Moulin Rouge Pizza's, by far the best pizza's ever, they moved somewhere but I can't find them :razz:

Where were the pencils, I can vaguely remember them, but not where they were. I remember the bus stop cafe down stairs in the 80s best chips ever, and of course Moulin Rouge Pizza's, by far the best pizza's ever, they moved somewhere but I can't find them :razz:

Just outside John Lewis iirc.

Aye, at the entrance to Eldon Garden now, although I vaguely remember there may have been two sets.....

This thread is brilliant. And the link to Skyscraper city which I daren't click or I'll get no work done today at all.

SUNKENSittingAreas.jpg

I used to love watching the fountains round the base of that cafe. And the smell of Don Millers Bakery. Mmmm...

WOW ... You've brough back one of my very earliest memories. My family lived in Newcastle from when I was around two to six years of age (late 70s-early 80s).

My very earliest memories are all from when we lived in the UK. They're mostly of snow, a black cat on a roof, my blue parker I wore, Mr Men yoghurt (or something like that), riding a double-decker bus, etc.

Thank you!

:razz:

You're welcome mate :D

Stevie, the water and fountains with the coins in the bottom was under the cafe.

Ant, you weren't dreaming:

ThePENCILS.jpg

Guest Barrack Road
SUNKENSittingAreas.jpg

Thank you!

Stevie, the water and fountains with the coins in the bottom was under the cafe.

ThePENCILS.jpg

There'd be some wet people if they had that in Liverpool.

SUNKENSittingAreas.jpg

Thank you!

ThePENCILS.jpg

Bloody hell, they'r the ones! I'm feeling well old now.

Guest Barrack Road

I don't know about anyone else but I used to love Eldon Square when I was a kid, apart from when my big sister used to drag me round fuckin Dolci's and Chelsea Girl. Used to go to the rec most Saturdays remember they had about 10 pool tables where the climbing wall is now.

I don't know about anyone else but I used to love Eldon Square when I was a kid, apart from when my big sister used to drag me round fuckin Dolci's and Chelsea Girl. Used to go to the rec most Saturdays remember they had about 10 pool tables where the climbing wall is now.

So did I, aprart from visits to the sweater shop with sisters and charles clinkards for new shoes. Used to love fenwicks toy shop on the top floor!

Guest Barrack Road

So did I, aprart from visits to the sweater shop with sisters and charles clinkards for new shoes. Used to love fenwicks toy shop on the top floor!

Aye it was mint, and the football tops in the corner. Used to get me flat top hair cut, right by there on that floor :razz: "FLAT TOP please" :D I can't have been the only one who used to get them. Dixon's Sports that was the best shop in Eldon Square when I was that age.

Christ I remember the pencils being absolutely massive but they seem tiny on that photo. I know everything seems bigger when you're a bairn but still, that photo is a big disappointment! Aye, messing around on them used to be the highlight of all those saturday afternoons in town, along with Fenwicks toy fair on the top floor and a vanilla ice cream from the Patio in the basement.

Fenwicks toy floor at christmas was magic. I used to like Dixons as well. What was the name of the shop that sold loads of airfix kits, model cars and train sets?

Wasnt Beaties was it?

Guest Barrack Road
Fenwicks toy floor at christmas was magic. I used to like Dixons as well. What was the name of the shop that sold loads of airfix kits, model cars and train sets?

Was it Beattie's?

Im sure there used to be an Ice cream shop where the NUFC shop is in Eldon Square next to the Northumberland St entrance, loved the mint choc chip suff. There also used to be a computer shop upstairs next to where WH Smith used to be, used to buy me Spectrum games from there, £9.99 for a cassette tape ffs :razz:

Wasnt Beaties was it?

Was it Beattie's?

Fucking hell, yes! That was it. Loved that place.

Guest Barrack Road
Im sure there used to be an Ice cream shop where the NUFC shop is in Eldon Square next to the Northumberland St entrance, loved the mint choc chip suff. There also used to be a computer shop upstairs next to where WH Smith used to be, used to buy me Spectrum games from there, £9.99 for a cassette tape ffs :D

Aye bought the first Champ Man for the PC there :D 1995. The only icecream thing I remember was near Blacket Bridge, and up to where there's a cashpoint now, like off the beaten track.

Whenever, I was going to me nana's we'd get mince pies from Greggs up the top of the Green Market, then down the escalators and through the market to the 21 stop and every time I was walking past the Black Garter, I always wanted to go in and see it so much as a kid, definitely one thing in my life where my mental impression of it was better than the reality in later years :razz:

Aye, at the entrance to Eldon Garden now, although I vaguely remember there may have been two sets.....

Aye, where Mothercare was. Might have been another set near the entrance to the 'Rec' (i.e. Eldon Leisure as it is now).

Again I might be dreaming but didnt there used to be a toyshop where HMV currently is?. I think HMV was futher down Northumberland St at the time and after it was a toy shop it was a girls clothes shop... Could be wrong as no one I know can remember it...

Fenwicks toy floor at christmas was magic.

It was. They also had a class sports section which always smelt of leather footballs. It's still there I think but it's more sportswear than equipment these days.