NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

Guest Barrack Road
The old silver away kit... :o

29685_389134371445_656896445_4230620_481423_n.jpg

Nice to see an old NUFC hero in that pic.

Nice to see Cunningham, too!

He's a high end barrister noo, I hope he's better at that than he was up front for us. That's Gazza behind his arm, he was well chubby then. My all time fav toon shirt was the away one before this. This must've been 87? Cov had that strip when they won the Cup.

Edited by Barrack Road

The old silver away kit... :(

29685_389134371445_656896445_4230620_481423_n.jpg

Nice to see an old NUFC hero in that pic.

Nice to see Cunningham, too!

He's a high end barrister noo, I hope he's better at that than he was up front for us. That's Gazza behind his arm, he was well chubby then. My all time fav toon shirt was the away one before this. This must've been 87? Cov had that strip when they won the Cup.

Feature on Tony Cunningham

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/whathapp...54/article.aspx

• 10 months later...

Been a while since an update but I come across these two the other day. Seems weird with buildings on what is now the Metro station / car park.

gallowgate1.jpg

gallowgate2.jpg

Mint that. I was at that game, hated Wimbledon, horrible tactics, and they dumped us out both cups that season too. Watching that reminded me just how greedy Mirandinha was, fuck knows why David Burton was calling him Miranjina though. That Chinese bloke had me creased :icon_lol:

Mint that. I was at that game, hated Wimbledon, horrible tactics, and they dumped us out both cups that season too. Watching that reminded me just how greedy Mirandinha was, fuck knows why David Burton was calling him Miranjina though. That Chinese bloke had me creased :icon_lol:

Lush innit, was nearly bubbling when first saw it ! . . Only just got onto this thread tonight . . Sombreros at top of cornrer haha.

Can y remember Mira kicking Beasant at FT in the cup replay (night time game) . Was a sneaky kck from behind im sure . Beasant livid n chased him up the pitch. Was at Ggate and Mira headed off zig-zaggin towards the East Stand/Leases corner (!?) his little legs givin it 6 nowt and Bsant all arms aloft n gloves like a Wookie, was fuckin hilarious.

'a heurp ee gets the geurls' the fat scarf bloke by Strawberry, hot dog seller, Windrunners, Jackie, 'Mirangeena' , Ando straight into Hertford for Gazza . . love it . great times.

:icon_lol:;) The fat bloke right at the start of that has the Mirandinha t-shirt I had (The one that saved my life in Rotterdam in '88).

Lush innit, was nearly bubbling when first saw it ! . . Only just got onto this thread tonight . . Sombreros at top of cornrer haha.

Can y remember Mira kicking Beasant at FT in the cup replay (night time game) . Was a sneaky kck from behind im sure . Beasant livid n chased him up the pitch. Was at Ggate and Mira headed off zig-zaggin towards the East Stand/Leases corner (!?) his little legs givin it 6 nowt and Bsant all arms aloft n gloves like a Wookie, was fuckin hilarious.

Aye he kicked him up the arse, he did it to a few different people that season. Best memory of that season was when we beat West Ham 2-1 last game, Gazza's last ever turn oot for the toon. Some bloke kicked the ball back on from the benches near the corner. He had one of them 80's slip on shoes on and it flew right on to the pitch, and just his luck landed right beside Gazza. He picked it up, smelled it and fell down on the floor from the fumes. The full Gallowgate was piss themselves. In fact I loved that season, we come 8th, but we got off to a shit start we could've been top 4 or 5 with a better start.

Was at this game too - in the West Paddocks, just to the left of where the camera position in. Class times.

Haha aye I remember the shoe sniff! Was a tubby fella who used t sit at front of East stand benches n ball went out of play invariably into his hands. Would give it a Harlem Globetrotter spin (whey a fumble) then he would stand up, graciously and innocently offer the ball on one hand to opposing player for throw-in . When player came for it would drop it at their feet haha .

What became of the Hiawatha screech bloke that used t belt out random calls top corner east stand too! ? I'm laughin just thinkin of him. Used t have a denim jacket that was half way up eez back n didn't give a fuck haha. Great great days :icon_lol:

Was at this game too - in the West Paddocks, just to the left of where the camera position in. Class times.

Used t stand in the east corner but along the side wall . Just far enough away from the middle rabble t be able t watch without getting shunted down to corner flag but with the wall y had to shift at half time when the older lads took a lag there!

Can remember lads walkin up the terrace with sombreros on at that game. Out from the loft from tha'bit'holidaz haha. . 'whey waddya rekon 't's alreet innit ! ?' ;)

What became of the Hiawatha screech bloke that used t belt out random calls top corner east stand too! ? I'm laughin just thinkin of him. Used t have a denim jacket that was half way up eez back n didn't give a fuck haha. Great great days ;)

The bloke who used to do the red indian style war cries? Fucking hell I remember him. :icon_lol:

Weird seeing all the half toon / half brazil bobble hats again too. Didn't they used to do half toon / half rangers and half toon / half celtic ones too?

Haha aye I remember the shoe sniff! Was a tubby fella who used t sit at front of East stand benches n ball went out of play invariably into his hands. Would give it a Harlem Globetrotter spin (whey a fumble) then he would stand up, graciously and innocently offer the ball on one hand to opposing player for throw-in . When player came for it would drop it at their feet haha .

What became of the Hiawatha screech bloke that used t belt out random calls top corner east stand too! ? I'm laughin just thinkin of him. Used t have a denim jacket that was half way up eez back n didn't give a fuck haha. Great great days :icon_lol:

What age are you like LTB, I thought you were 30, you'd have been 7 then cos I was 10. Mint memory

What became of the Hiawatha screech bloke that used t belt out random calls top corner east stand too! ? I'm laughin just thinkin of him. Used t have a denim jacket that was half way up eez back n didn't give a fuck haha. Great great days ;)

The bloke who used to do the red indian style war cries? Fucking hell I remember him. :icon_lol:

Weird seeing all the half toon / half brazil bobble hats again too. Didn't they used to do half toon / half rangers and half toon / half celtic ones too?

He was mint. He seemed to fuck off after the relegation season. My bobble hat was 3/4 toon 1/4 Brazil. Aye me mate had toon/celtic, you could get Aberdeen Toon ones too iirc.

He was mint. He seemed to fuck off after the relegation season. My bobble hat was 3/4 toon 1/4 Brazil. Aye me mate had toon/celtic, you could get Aberdeen Toon ones too iirc.

I reckon his voice probably fucked off tbh. Must have knacked doing one of them every home game ;)

How did it always go to him btw? :icon_lol:

What age are you like LTB, I thought you were 30, you'd have been 7 then cos I was 10. Mint memory

A few years older.

No need t fret about 'validation' here btw Columbo :icon_lol:

Forgot how much closer to pitch level the old West Stand was. Still preferred it to the Milburn but it obviously had to go post Bradford.

image1gx.jpg

image2ab.jpg

image3xn.jpg

image4zl.jpg

Amazing away , so emotional and exciting. - up there with Grimsby promotion and Inter Champs Lg. Out genial hosts had put up fences especially for us too. At full time ouu could hear all the coins tonking the roof. Spent most of it stood on our seatsdodging the coin showers too. We were central but the seats going both ways at the boundary fence was mad. Was it Kelly who actually had t jump into our end at one point . On way back to our bus passed minibus and Stevie Charlton was on it smiling like it hurt at the window. Me immediate reaction when saw him was a clenched fist 'geediin' up to window to him. Grinning even wider he returned a thumbs up.

Seeeing some of the kids clambering back on the bus was class. A couple had half seats as souvenirs. Think coupl Leicester lost eyes with some of the carry on actually. Stunk the bus out on way back with some torrid resin .