NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

Aye I think you're right. Friday night, on the telly and still 10,000 of us there.

That latest photo I'm presuming is the North East Corner of the ground before the Leazes End was pulled down?

Friday night might've been right. Evening KO rings a bell anyway. I was thinking Saturday tea-time when I remembered it but that's a recent Sky thing. I remember thinking we had a chance too due to my childish innocence and faith in KK. 4-nowt! :lol:

Aye I think you're right. Friday night, on the telly and still 10,000 of us there.

That latest photo I'm presuming is the North East Corner of the ground before the Leazes End was pulled down?

I'm sure Ugly Mackems used to sell cheap tickets by launching them over a similarly described wall :lol:

Me and Malcolm Allison. We both thought Newcastle might win something. Nearly 40 years later, he's dead and I'm still waiting.

That Forest game was a great game. You just can't compare the atmosphere that day with the sterile shite at SJP these days. Chalk and cheese.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

fuckin hell remember that computer shop there on the left for the old Spectrum games .

can almost smell the place too like y say ! "atmospheric" . great place .

a mate's dad used to work in some office in there , was upstairs and unbearable in the summer .

fuckin hell remember that computer shop there on the left for the old Spectrum games .

a mate's dad used to work in some office in there , was upstairs and unbearable in the summer .

Aye, was even better when the Kard Bar got Defender in :D

310570_2377340671967_1204118309_2892079_626651869_n.jpg

At first I thought that pharmacist was leaving the game, but on second thoughts it looks like a stick up and that poor kid's going to to lose his bovril money.

Lucky Luke going Ninja Mugger

68h24z.jpg

2h6racx.jpg

The Handyside Arcade.

Chocker on a match day with added hippy juice and a space invaders soundtrack.

Bought my first pair of rock climbing boots from Wild Trak when it was in there.

"Aye, was even better when the Kard Bar got Defender in"

I was bit too young for the full hardcore stenchcore experience of that like .

Used to get bus from Haymarket and used to play on whatever arcades the Noda Taxis portacabin had in at the time B)

s...trange fuckin place thinking back like !

310570_2377340671967_1204118309_2892079_626651869_n.jpg

At first I thought that pharmacist was leaving the game, but on second thoughts it looks like a stick up and that poor kid's going to to lose his bovril money.

Lucky Luke going Ninja Mugger

68h24z.jpg

2h6racx.jpg

The Handyside Arcade.

Chocker on a match day with added hippy juice and a space invaders soundtrack.

Bought my first pair of rock climbing boots from Wild Trak when it was in there.

.......listen t Terry fuckin Nutkins here man

• 4 weeks later...

sjp-snow-s.jpg

I saw that on .COM's advent calendar. Class pic tbh and considering you can't see the full extent of the old Leazes End, it's exactly how I remember SJP being when I first started going to matches (minus the snow of course).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFOV1vlN7f8&feature=player_embedded

Never seen highlights of this before, went to my first away games this season but missed this one and the feeling of elation was definitely mixed with jealousy as a few of my mates were there. As an aside, listen to Martin Tyler, just how biased does his commentary sound?

As an aside, listen to Martin Tyler, just how biased does his commentary sound?

TBF they were absolutely murdering us and should have been 4 or 5 up by the time Hendrie equalised. Made it all the sweeter though :D

As an aside, listen to Martin Tyler, just how biased does his commentary sound?
TBF they were absolutely murdering us and should have been 4 or 5 up by the time Hendrie equalised. Made it all the sweeter though :D

I remember seeing the goals on Northern Life on the monday but can't remember any highlights programme so have no idea where this vid was from. My pal who did go said the Liverpool fans turned from patronising clapping etc when they thought they were going to hammer us to hockling on Mags after the game and there were a few punches thrown after they all got out of Anfield. They didn't take defeat very well.

• 4 weeks later...

Aye, was even better when the Kard Bar got Defender in :D

Kard Bar is still open now. Where's Handyside Arcade?