NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

Where did that great wallpaper thread go? And anyone know a site to get some decent nufc ones? Google all you like can't seem to find too many real quality ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Was in the clockstand when Liam O'Brien scored the winner. Was determined to sit on my hands all match but when we scored both goals, I and many others forgot ourselves. Fortunately there were quite a few of us dotted around and still to this day dont know how there wasnt more bother where we were. Cant imagine going into their end again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxLwKnbh-uc

The game that promoted Sunderland after they were beten by Swindon at Wembley in the play off final. Lou Macari, what a cunt. Look at how full the Gallowgate was, popular competition the FA Cup back then. I was in the corner that day. The Leazes had temporary seating in that was brought over from Brands Hatch so the season ticket holders in the old West Stand had somewhere to sit whilst the Milburn Stand was being rebuilt.

Got fuckin locked out that day at 2-30pm...dont think I'd seen us score 5 before then and obviously at full time I still hadn't :(....didnt matter, Lou Macari had bet on his own team to lose...youve got to think some of the players had some of that action too :glare:

Geddin - made me day hearing that :)

He sat in the top corner of East Stand bt the corner . Stood up in his little half-mast denim jacket to belt it out then sat down like nowt's the matter . He's apparently is/was a painter and decorator .

Anyone remember "Kenny Everet" ? from similar time ? Sat in similar spot and would stand up and overhang East Stand to shout random abuse at. the Gallowgate/Corner (as a whole) :lol:

He had bit of a 'drinkers complexion' and a stubbly beard . Some lads got onto him one time and started singing 'theres only one kenny everet' back up to him . Every time he went on with his vein-busting rants he'd get sung back at .

Our bus stopped at a social club in Clitheroe on way to Blackburn one time . Club was heaving as more bouled in so they opened the function room as an overspill . Proper Pheonix Nights sketch with a bit stage complete with gold tinsel backdrop .

Kenny Everet was only there ! He got up on stage and did about five minutes of hamed-up Elvis/blues freestyling . "ma-baby-jus-lef-me" *turn head and mic to side in pain* "sh-waalked-oot-th-door" etc . Utterly hilarious to behold from. He had the place in piss :lol:

Treasured times .

I used to work at the Tyne Brewery until S&N disgracefully shut it in 2005 and temporarily moved to Dunston for a couple of years before moving Broon Ale production to Yorkshire. Anyway, towards the end of my time there one of my roles was QC, which involved me doing various tests on the hour with the beer quality and also collecting samples for tank changes etc. After every test I'd take a spare bottle, (extra if I fancied a 'gargle'), and label up the spare bottle and at the end of my shift I'd take the spare sample bottle over the Lab just so they could check my results weren't a fiction of my imagination. (cooking the books we called it). One morning around five I walked over to the Lab with my samples, stuck the crate on the table and said to to the kid with the white coat, 'Here's your samples from the bottler, mate'. The lad turned round, said 'cheers' and lo and behold it was Kenny Everet! 'Fucking hell! It's Kenny Everet!' I therefore said. He laughed and we had a bit of craic about us (the corner) and him (Kenny) and the banter that went back and forth. We would sing 'in the seats, in the seats' to get him and others to start a 'united' chant. If they didn't respond they got a 'get your flasks out for the lads' song, if Kenny stod up and responded we'd either join in or we'd let him start it off, not join in then give him the bird as he'd stand up giving us the V's and offering the whole of the corner on from the safety of his seat in the East Stand. It was great stuff, like. Turns out he was blobbing on my shift which explained why I'd never seen him around as the Brewery was canny big, had different depts and many shift patterns. His name was Stevie and he lived somewhere out in the sticks and was surrounded by Mackems at the time although in no way did he sound at all mackem. He was a good lad, like.

Wow - that brings back memories - 80s was a class time to be going to the matches. Don't recall the Kenny Everett bloke but it's in keeping with the craic back then.

Remember the rivalry between the corner and the scoreboard?

Loving that like HMHM :lol:

For him to turn round and you know him as 'Kenny' man - too funny !

There's no 'cult' characters like that about these days sadly .

All been said before but it's sanitised shite .

Not wanting to be some kind of Uncle Albert here but going to the match was as much about the characters about you and the craic as the game itself .

Remember the 'sing in the scoreboard' stuff and in the corner there was often Celtic/Rangers shout-offs. It seemed like there was 'mild sectarianism' :) in the corner too either side of the police chickenwalk that went up the diagonal of it .

I bet all of the coppers who got put on shift in that spot dreaded it like ! Saw some canny abuse/gob at times and the odd attempt at toppling their hats .

The Laurel & Hardy tune chant "d-d-le-d--d-d" as they would begin their processional walk ten minutes from time from the Milburn/Leazes corner :)

BooinThe seemingly genuine applause of the away keeper coming to Ggate for the second half that would turn into a mass "FUCKOOFFFAAAAHHH" and a salute of the rods when they naievely acknowledged it:) I particularly remember a young David James getting a special dose of it when at Watfird and he seemed to take genuine shocked offence and gave a similar retort .

The mass snowballing in the same situation if the climate allowed :)

Random air bombs/bangers/rockets :)

And all for £3:50 .

One of my mates got lifted for setting some bangers off in the corner and looking back it was quite funny as he had fuck all to do with it. Que the 'Harry Roberts' song being sung as the police lead him down the gangway in the corner with my mate saying 'here man it wasn't me!' :lol:

Did a Google for 'Kenny' and came across these beauts !

(Noticed you'd posted within second article thread but not sure if you'd seen the 'update' !

:kiss:

"Hen Broon said:

I had the pleasure of travelling to many away games with the aforementioned "Kenny Everett" and I have to say I never laughed so much and the guy is a gem. For instance, we travelled from Haymarket on a 1:30am bus to Upton Park for a first day of the season encounter with Charlton. By 9:30am we were coralled in some municipal park near the ground where Kenny proceeded to drink eight cans in front af a thirsty cockney parkie then refuse him a sip 'cos "we hate cockneys!" I also recall the bizarre sight of several hundred Toon fans cheering on the local Sunday league team who happened to be playing in black and white and an ambulance arriving for a Toon fan who'd fallen off the Monkey Climb. Other memories include Kenny waving Pontiff-like through the sun roof opening whilst we drove past Toon fans outside pubs in Derby to the salute "Kenny, Kenny!" When we all got in the car for away trips, we had crisps and sarnies for the day... Kenny always had cans. He also had a daft little dance that was certain to defuse any heavy handedness from the polis (they also fell about laughing). 3-0 down at Barnsley, Kenny's Birthday request came on the tannoy... Monty Python's "Always look on the Bright Side of Life!" Sadly, Kenny stopped attending matches so regularly when he learned his shenanigans had attracted the interest of the Old Bill.

August 28, 2007 2:02 PM"

http://www.blogonthe...ate-corner.html

"aye i remember kenny well,one match i forget which we were giving him stick as usual.

myself at the time had got my hair permed,it looked ridiculous,anyway he stood up out of his seat and pointed at me ”hoo ye the c##t wi the hair aal dee ye ootside”.

"Bowburnmag – I believe Kenny Everett is alive and well and can be found most days in the Felling.

I showed him this blog and he got quite excited and even wanted to get in touch.

His name is Imre (after Varadi, but he’s actually called Ray), used to work for the dole dealing with people signing on and now doesn’t work. A few years ago he won 20k on a scratchcard from the Post Office!

Here’s a pic for proof:

imag0044a.jpg"

http://www.nufcblog....t/#.UPbR8-TPTvY

Kenny - OBE

You know I called this lad Kenny from the off, from the distance of the corner to the East Stand as far as I was concerned it was him and he did say he used to have some banter with the corner/scoreboard. Kids, let this be a lesson.......Never drink at work.