NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

Fantastic night . Remember the buses near ground with 3/4 lads out each sunroof .

The fence at the front of the away end mobbed at the end.

"Kelly in on goal, David Kelly... Can he stay on his feet...? KEEEELLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhh, what a goal!

He STAYED on his feet, and David Kelly has sparked unbelievable scenes here, they are on the pitch from every quarter, they'll have to get off."

newcastle-keegan-celeb-filer.jpg

kevin-keegan-and-terry-mcdermott-celebrate-153327820.jpg

0.jpg

0,,10278~9030826,00.jpg

F0F9C5A0-99FF-CB3B-691298D63E9B0BB1.jpg

Edited by LoveTheBobby

• 1 month later...

Was having a late look on the internet and stumbled across this thread (which is class, by the way), read the previous few posts about "Kenny" and thought he sounded like a character although didn't think I'd recognise him as I'm only 22 so it was all before my time sadly. Anyways I then seen the photo and couldn't believe it! A few years ago he came onto our bus a few times and honestly, what a fucking laugh he was. By the time it came to getting into the ground he could barely stand up he was that pissed and on the way home he was jumping about the bus singing, mortal drunk.

Recall him being at Liverpool and Everton 2008 and then at the pre-season game against Doncaster under Keegan when we lost 1-0. Never seen him since which is a shame. He was there with a big bloke who uses crutches called Piper.

Edited by Bomber

• 2 weeks later...

1988 Luton Town (h)

4-0 (2-0)

Division One

O'Neill 3, Goddard

"Kenny, Kenny sit on the ball" sang the fans, and our diminutive midfielder battler Wharton did just that, much to the annoyance of the Hatters, particularly headband-wearing Steve Foster who chased Kenny into the portakabins....

25 years ago today....

Edited by PaddockLad

• 3 weeks later...

Had a few beers with an older head yesterday and got talking about Thatcher, then and now, the match, the bin-raiding Westgate Rd Under 5's etc. etc.

He was telling of how as a youth in the 70's he used to stand in the Leazes and telling tales of how micey it used to be with the gangs of skins/boilersuit/Clockwork Orange sorts.

So far removed from the 'product' we're pumped with these days !

He told of the day he went away for a midweek afternoon game during the strikes of '74 (the game was played then as the use of floodlights wasn't possible due to the '3 day weeks') Anyway, he recommended this Youtube video to contextualize those times so thought I'd post it . * It's even got a bit Frankie Vaughan in it too .

As an aside - and probably of no interest to anyone other than myself - I used to visit mates in Liverpool quite a bit during the 90's and there was a 'famous' homeless chap (Brian ?) who was a regular site on the busy Church Street . He'd shout/sing random stuff and was generally pretty entertaining . One of his stock chants was "long hair's tragic, skinhead's are magic ! yeah-yeah-yeah . yeah !" It had always puzzled me until I saw this !

" . . . they strongly disapprove of beads, drugs and other hippy-style adornments" :)

* For any mackems reading - before it gets posted elsewhere as "looka marras - the Mag scum have always been at it" or whatever - please note I'm not condoning this carry-on and nor do I think it portrays our city particularly well etc etc . It's posted simply as I think is an interesting snapshot of the country generally from another era .

As you were :kiss:.

Edited by LoveTheBobby

• 4 weeks later...