NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRRD9y1mGGU

Anyone else on here who was behind that goal when Sheedy scored? :lol:

Not sure if this was the game where overcrowding outside and limited turnstiles lead to a crush where some gates were burst open and everyone just swarmed in?

P.S. How the fuck was that second goal disallowed?

Aye me. They scored after 20 seconds or summik some mackem down the other end. Mendonca aye. It was a proper proper crush that day, but luckily I was right at the back of the standing. There was seats behind us. 1-1 iirc.

Edited by McFaul

Aye me. They scored after 20 seconds or summik some mackem down the other end. Mendonca aye. It was a proper proper crush that day, but luckily I was right at the back of the standing. There was seats behind us. 1-1 iirc.

It was Cunnington who scored, I missed it as I was just getting in, but he did play for the Mackems the next season. Can't remember there being seats behind us, mind, but I've been wrong before. Think we were in a bar called 'The Submarine' before the game which was well named as it was a right fucking dive.

It was Cunnington who scored, I missed it as I was just getting in, but he did play for the Mackems the next season. Can't remember there being seats behind us, mind, but I've been wrong before. Think we were in a bar called 'The Submarine' before the game which was well named as it was a right fucking dive.

100% there was seats behind us. I'll sort you a picture out, the standing took half it up, and seats the rest behind us.

100% there was seats behind us. I'll sort you a picture out, the standing took half it up, and seats the rest behind us.

The whole end behind the goal? All of it had seats above the terracing? Mad if true because I've been down there twice around this time and just can't remember it. I'm always arguing with my pal about what was where in grounds including SJP so I'll bow down to your memory as mine was addled with alcohol around then. :lol:

This game was was part one of previously mentioned pal getting a home & away howking from some Grimsby fans, the return chinning coming outside where Gotham is now when Dobbin ended our 100% record.

mcfaul-benches.jpg

Remember us being tipped by the lercal press, possible Oliver or Gibson to get a top 8 finish after those summer acquisitions :lol:

Remember us being tipped by the lercal press, possible Oliver or Gibson to get a top 8 finish after those summer acquisitions :lol:

Aye, they were paid for by selling Gazza, Goddard and an improved Neil Mcdonald. We finished 8th, sold on Gazza and co, bought these and finished 20th. :lol:

Aye, they were paid for by selling Gazza, Goddard and an improved Neil Mcdonald. We finished 8th, sold on Gazza and co, bought these and finished 20th. :lol:

Aye, the opinion seemed to be that the quality had been replaced with strength in depth. Bought some fucking stinkers from Wimbledon like. Glynn Hodges was a year or two before I think.

Heres their first game together...old Lurch is picking the ball out of the net after less then a minute :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeGmSl4DMz8

My good self and a young @@Howmanheyman present in the away end....

I was present at the next game, sunny as fuck before the game, 2-0 up after 5 minutes and John Hendrie missed an open goal after 6, anyway it ended 2-2 and we went on to get relegated. Gazza got more abuse in that game than anyone has ever received in football history.

I was present at the next game, sunny as fuck before the game, 2-0 up after 5 minutes and John Hendrie missed an open goal after 6, anyway it ended 2-2 and we went on to get relegated. Gazza got more abuse in that game than anyone has ever received in football history.

The football league forced the club to close the corner for a couple of games after the amount of stuff threw at Gazza and anyone brave enough to take a corner. Was going great as well, the game that is, actually felt a bit sorry for later on, looked like he was genuinely upset he was getting called whereas the likes of Waddle didn't give a fuck.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...