Pakistan v England

wellsy

Disgraceful stuff from afridi, all the more disappointing because he's a top bloke and is said to be a great character around the dressing room. Was the last person I expected this from. The ban will hurt us as well.

Funny how noone's mentioning the inzamam run out though. Firstly, throwing like that is against the 'morals of the game' as they say, you hardly see it being done. Secondly and more importantly, that cant be given out. The commentators later stated that the rule book clearly says a batsmen cant be given out if he's avoiding a throw aimed directly at him and it hits the stumps. Funny how the officials missed that, even funnier how the media's ignoring it.

Quite a day eh??

58617[/snapback]

If you think a batsman is out of his crease then you have every right to attempt a run out.

The rule actually says a batsman is not out if he leaves his crease to avoid injury, providing he has grounded his bat behind the crease first.

Which is unclear from the replays, so maybe Inzy was unlucky.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgraceful stuff from afridi, all the more disappointing because he's a top bloke and is said to be a great character around the dressing room. Was the last person I expected this from. The ban will hurt us as well.

Funny how noone's mentioning the inzamam run out though. Firstly, throwing like that is against the 'morals of the game' as they say, you hardly see it being done. Secondly and more importantly, that cant be given out. The commentators later stated that the rule book clearly says a batsmen cant be given out if he's avoiding a throw aimed directly at him and it hits the stumps. Funny how the officials missed that, even funnier how the media's ignoring it.

Quite a day eh??

58617[/snapback]

The BBC said Inzaman was very unlucky to be given out and explained the rule. So 'funnily' enough the media isn't ignoring it.

Kevin Pietersen and Ian Bell both hit centuries as England made a bold attempt to match Pakistan on day three of the second Test in Faisalabad.

Beginning the day a daunting 349 runs behind, they closed the gap to 71.

Geraint Jones fell late on for 55, to leave tail-enders Ashley Giles and Shaun Udal holding on at 391-7.

Might have to revise my opinion of Bell. His patient run-building has been impressive.

Quite a day eh??

58617[/snapback]

The BBC said Inzaman was very unlucky to be given out and explained the rule. So 'funnily' enough the media isn't ignoring it.

58839[/snapback]

Good, makes me feel much better :rolleyes:

What I want to know is how did they miss Inzamam? He makes Gemmill look like a fly-weight.

58618[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

58623[/snapback]

Man, you've gotten soft in your old age. I was waiting for a funny reply but it never came. ;)

What I want to know is how did they miss Inzamam? He makes Gemmill look like a fly-weight.

58618[/snapback]

;)

58623[/snapback]

Man, you've gotten soft in your old age. I was waiting for a funny reply but it never came. :blink:

59160[/snapback]

Was just seeing if I could guilt trip you. :rolleyes:

Quite a day eh??

58617[/snapback]

58839[/snapback]

Good, makes me feel much better :icon_lol:

59134[/snapback]

Good, we all feel better now :D

Looks like a draw this one.

Edited by alex

Radio 5 has said the Pakistani batsman have just been offifical warned for running over the wicket. That's the second one, and apparently under new rules if they receive a 3rd official warning then England will be awarded 5 runs. If they continue to do it, England will be awarded 5 runs for every offence.

Radio 5 has said the Pakistani batsman have just been offifical warned for running over the wicket. That's the second one, and apparently under new rules if they receive a 3rd official warning then England will be awarded 5 runs. If they continue to do it, England will be awarded 5 runs for every offence.

59368[/snapback]

Aye, that Salman Butt wouldn't have been on strike when his wicket was taken if the umpire hadn't cancelled his run and sent him back down the other end for running over the wicket. Inzamam has got his lip on about it apparently.

Salman Buttocks (it's the way I tell 'em!) is out.  108-3.

59347[/snapback]

Close call i thought it might have been going just down leg. Funny thing was he wouldnt of been on strike. When Inzi came out he wasnt at all impressed with the Hair.

Huffy bastards. Isn't it about time they had a pitch invasion?  :D

59371[/snapback]

:icon_lol::angry:

"Cheating" Shahid Afridi out first ball to Flintoff, having entered the field to a HUGE ovation. :D

59411[/snapback]

:icon_lol::angry::razz:;)

Marvellous.

59412[/snapback]

HOW IS THAT!!!!!!!

"Cheating" Shahid Afridi out first ball to Flintoff, having entered the field to a HUGE ovation. :D

59411[/snapback]

Marvellous.

59412[/snapback]

Pakistan fans are leaving the ground in droves apparently. ;)

59415[/snapback]

That's not the drill, they're supposed to invade the pitch when it's going tits up!

59411[/snapback]

Marvellous.

59412[/snapback]

Pakistan fans are leaving the ground in droves apparently. ;)

59415[/snapback]

That's not the drill, they're supposed to invade the pitch when it's going tits up!

59418[/snapback]

Dont confuse us with India

Anyway, good comeback form england. We collapsed like i'd feared. 100-1 and then 186-6.

Shouldn't be too bad a day tomorrow, a result is still possible though if i were a betting man i'd put me money on a draw.

he he doesn't look too good for you lads, probably a draw now but if shoaib can ball a couple of more deliveries like the one which got rid of trescothick, then you'll be in trouble. What a magnificient ball it was!! cant see it enough times :D

Edited by aimaad22