Mike Ashley plans to remain Newcastle owner for at least two more years

Tom

Dont normally pay too much attention to other leagues or the mackems but just had a peak at the league table and didnt realise how close they are. :lol:

I am sure most would have been delighted with the set up they have and considered it to be a step in the right direction;

A billionaire owner

A well loved former player as Chairman

An established premiership manager in Steve Bruce

Money spent on the likes of Bent etc

And yet its still turned to shit for them ....

Dont normally pay too much attention to other leagues or the mackems but just had a peak at the league table and didnt realise how close they are. :blush:

I am sure most would have been delighted with the set up they have and considered it to be a step in the right direction;

A billionaire owner

A well loved former player as Chairman

An established premiership manager in Steve Bruce

Money spent on the likes of Bent etc

And yet its still turned to shit for them ....

Gotta laugh really eh :lol:

For me Leazes its not about accepting lower standards....its about being realistic in what we can acheive this year and next.....should we stay up next year then i imagine the majority of fans will be expecting big things the following season?

what do you mean by "big things". Playing in europe ? The last time we did this, people moaned about signing "trophy players", debts, and spouted on about "being embarrassed" including booing the team when they finished 5th.

Leazes, do you actually still enjoy being a fan? Do you go to matches?

I think everyone on this board knows where you are coming from but the past is the past and now is now.

Somebody was rattling on today about the good old days when you could go out and have your choice of jobs. Yes it was better than today buts is still gone, its history.

I have said many a time that the likes of me 40's will never again experience the ride that we had under Keegan. Coming for a stand point of little expectation to playing in the champions league.

I can harp on about those days til the cows come home but if I dont move on and live in the here and now, how could I ever enjoy being a fan again.

It isn't about living in the past at all, it's about acting like the big club that we are or ought to be.

Some absolute bollocks in this thread like. Have people somehow forgotten that next season we will be in the Premiership with Chris Hughton as our manager? :lol::jonas:

I think he'll do well and is growing in the job.

Whats funnier was the clamour for Shearer with no coaching experience and no management experience. Scoring a hat-ful of goals doesn't make you a good manager.

Can't fault him this season and he deserves some credit, a lot of credit in fact. He will be out on his arse before Christmas next season imo. Then I dread to think who the fat cunt will employ since this is the man who thought JFK was up to the job.

Shearer I think would have done a similar job but has the advantage of being a globally famous personality and has links to the club. He had coaching experience and as much managerial experience as Hughton at the time. Are you having a pop at him for a job he was never given a chance to do? :blush:

Not really having a pop at Shearer, just commenting on the fact that Hughton still doesnt carry much weight with some fans, wher as Shearer would probably being immortalised for achieving the same result. We would also not be saying he would be out on his arse by Christmas.

Surely you can see the mis match.

Aye, but that's common sense given their relative statures at the club and with some fans. You're needlessly stating the obvious.

You also have nothing to base the fact that Shearer would have been worse on. I'd say our results this season show how big the gap between us and the premiership is, not that Hughton is now somehow a good manager. We'll see soon enough.

But its not common sense, thats the point. If Shearer had done the same Job that Hughton has done, you would not be writing that he will be out on his arse by Christmas.

With regard to your other comments, I think Shearer is too aloof in a Roy Keane way.

And as for the gap theory, it aint working for Boro.

Im not saying Hughtons the next Wenger, but I will back him until its proved he is not capable.

I don't think a young Wenger or Ferguson could be successful under Ashley , Shearer's well out of it imo.

Are you seriously saying Boro's mediocre form is proof that the gap between the leagues isn't as gaping as a Rocco Silfredi victim?

my point, that I have always made about the ex regime, in a nutshell. You get a good manager, if the board don't back him, he is off. At least when you have a board that has ambition, you will get success with a manager who has ability.

CT bangs on about not living in the past but the future with our current team, owner and manager is actually what concerns most fans with a bit of nouse.

Some absolute bollocks in this thread like. Have people somehow forgotten that next season we will be in the Premiership with Chris Hughton as our manager? :lol::jonas:

I think he'll do well and is growing in the job.

Whats funnier was the clamour for Shearer with no coaching experience and no management experience. Scoring a hat-ful of goals doesn't make you a good manager.

Can't fault him this season and he deserves some credit, a lot of credit in fact. He will be out on his arse before Christmas next season imo. Then I dread to think who the fat cunt will employ since this is the man who thought JFK was up to the job.

Shearer I think would have done a similar job but has the advantage of being a globally famous personality and has links to the club. He had coaching experience and as much managerial experience as Hughton at the time. Are you having a pop at him for a job he was never given a chance to do? :blush:

Not really having a pop at Shearer, just commenting on the fact that Hughton still doesnt carry much weight with some fans, wher as Shearer would probably being immortalised for achieving the same result. We would also not be saying he would be out on his arse by Christmas.

Surely you can see the mis match.

Aye, but that's common sense given their relative statures at the club and with some fans. You're needlessly stating the obvious.

You also have nothing to base the fact that Shearer would have been worse on. I'd say our results this season show how big the gap between us and the premiership is, not that Hughton is now somehow a good manager. We'll see soon enough.

But its not common sense, thats the point. If Shearer had done the same Job that Hughton has done, you would not be writing that he will be out on his arse by Christmas.

With regard to your other comments, I think Shearer is too aloof in a Roy Keane way.

And as for the gap theory, it aint working for Boro.

Im not saying Hughtons the next Wenger, but I will back him until its proved he is not capable.

I don't think a young Wenger or Ferguson could be successful under Ashley , Shearer's well out of it imo.

Are you seriously saying Boro's mediocre form is proof that the gap between the leagues isn't as gaping as a Rocco Silfredi victim?

my point, that I have always made about the ex regime, in a nutshell. You get a good manager, if the board don't back him, he is off. At least when you have a board that has ambition, you will get success with a manager who has ability.

And a lot of Debt backing managers with little ability

CT bangs on about not living in the past but the future with our current team, owner and manager is actually what concerns most fans with a bit of nouse.

Most fans are just enjoying the season :lol:

Some on here, who think they have a bit of nouse, just constantly doom monger and put Newcastle down.

They were moaning pre season about us doing a Leeds and now that they havent got that to moan about they are moaning about next fucking season!

I am sure come Next season they will quickly find something else to moan about if we start off ok.

Some on here, who think they have a bit of nouse, just constantly doom monger and put Newcastle down.

They were moaning pre season about us doing a Leeds and now that they havent got that to moan about they are moaning about next fucking season!

I am sure come Next season they will quickly find something else to moan about if we start off ok.

Who was? Or is that just something else you've made up?

I do think that alot on here are overly negative mind, even myself who i like to think, like you is a real-optimist but at times have found myself in a negative place this season in terms of the toon.

For all the negatives that are out there with the club i do think we will be OK next seaon with this squad as a basis and a few additions with CH still in charge but by no means is that what i would like!

In an ideal world id love for us to appoint a new manager after promotion, spend 30-40mil on a host of new 'quality' players and really push hard for a top harf finish...bounce straight back close to where we should be.

It could happen under MA if he really is serious about doing things properly from now on i just seriously doubt he will.

Like iv said before...i just hope that even in the current financial climate and the start of a PL meltdown that there is some wealthy business man out there interested in taking us out of MA hands and truely building something special here like we deserve.

300mil + common sense + good PR + ambition = A successful NUFC.....wait a minute.....not a fucking chance! :blush:

I'm enjoying this season but under no illusion what next season will bring. I'm still renewing like.

Your optimism in Hughton and his ability to find worldclass youngsters and pay them a relative pittance is not grounded in reality imo.

I'm a bit confused like, is the alternative to being 'overly negative' giving a list of dream scenarios you, by your own admission, think are unlikely to happen? :lol:

I'm a bit confused like, is the alternative to being 'overly negative' giving a list of dream scenarios you, by your own admission, think are unlikely to happen? :jonas:

Think its called real-optimism...realistic/optimistic

:lol::blush:

Your standard deflectective retort tbf :blush:

Your standard deflectective retort tbf :blush:

CT, I've had a look and you were saying that the board should be hounded out two months into this season. I can post the link if you like :jonas:

I think Happy Face was saying that the debt has, in effect, risen under Ashley.

As well as the expensive signings under LardAsh, in addition to the cheaper buys this last transfer window, is it not true that he inherited a lot of transfer fees still outstanding? I'd be surprised if this wasn't true, because I thought it was a fact that transfer fees are staggered by most clubs over years. I'm sure he (LardAsh) said so himself about the outstanding fees to be paid - not that that makes it necessarily true of course :blush:

Then there's the reduced gate money. 40k attendances are good, but the prices are nowhere near Prem prices.

So, apart from his buys when he first took over, the rising debt could well be pretty much out of his hands? Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, he could have avoided the relegation if he's splashed a bit more cash. However, I wonder if that argument (let's not pretend it's anything other than an easy one to make) could ever be proved?????

Crikey, I'll be on his fuckin' Christmas card list if I keep this up :lol: !!!!!!!111

I'm enjoying this season but under no illusion what next season will bring. I'm still renewing like.

Your optimism in Hughton and his ability to find worldclass youngsters and pay them a relative pittance is not grounded in reality imo.

Yes Renton, but all summer you had no illusions how badly we were going to do in this league.

As well as the expensive signings under LardAsh, in addition to the cheaper buys this last transfer window, is it not true that he inherited a lot of transfer fees still outstanding? I'd be surprised if this wasn't true, because I thought it was a fact that transfer fees are staggered by most clubs over years. I'm sure he (LardAsh) said so himself about the outstanding fees to be paid - not that that makes it necessarily true of course :blush:

Then there's the reduced gate money. 40k attendances are good, but the prices are nowhere near Prem prices.

So, apart from his buys when he first took over, the rising debt could well be pretty much out of his hands? Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, he could have avoided the relegation if he's splashed a bit more cash. However, I wonder if that argument (let's not pretend it's anything other than an easy one to make) could ever be proved?????

Crikey, I'll be on his fuckin' Christmas card list if I keep this up :lol: !!!!!!!111

I don't see how there could be many signings made under the previous regime that wouldn't have been paid for now though.

Yes Renton, but all summer you had no illusions how badly we were going to do in this league.

Meanwhile you were posting stuff like this:

Honestly, these clowns were never going to become good football administrators. This is great news and I think a sale will be quick.

I don't see how there could be many signings made under the previous regime that wouldn't have been paid for now though.

I thought they went back years and years. Sure I read it somewhere (but it could be those 'voices' in my head again).

Already admitted I was wrong on that score to be fair. What concerns me about next season though is the quality of our manager and statements Ashley and Lambiarse have already made publically re: 15k wage cap etc. He's deliberately turning us into a yo yo club to maximise his profits imo.

I thought they went back years and years. Sure I read it somewhere (but it could be those 'voices' in my head again).

I think that's what Ashley would probably want us to think but the only big ones I can imagine fitting into that are Luque and Owen. They were both signed over 4 years ago though and were probably both on four year contracts (Owen was) so I can't see the repayments lasting longer than that period. On top of that Ashley has moaned about the sponsorship money being used upfront for Owen so he can't have it both ways. There's Martins but he was sold for not much less than we paid for him. On top of that we've made a profit in terms of net transfers iirc since Ashley bought us.

I think that's what Ashley would probably want us to think but the only big ones I can imagine fitting into that are Luque and Owen. They were both signed over 4 years ago though and were probably both on four year contracts (Owen was) so I can't see the repayments lasting longer than that period. On top of that Ashley has moaned about the sponsorship money being used upfront for Owen so he can't have it both ways. There's Martins but he was sold for not much less than we paid for him. On top of that we've made a profit in terms of net transfers iirc since Ashley bought us.

Yep, I see your point. It's a pain in the arse having to go by accounts a year or so late. I think 09's are due soon so the 'figureized' among us can unravel their true meaning.

He didn't even need to splash that much cash, actually replacing Keegan with a permenant manager would probably have done.