Extras

Southern Geordie

Just finished watching the series which was hilarious.. But I must say I've never ever laughed so much at outtakes as I did with extras! Gervais is hilarious..

The actual series is really funny and I've got a feeling it'll get funnier with a second watch (as the office did). What are everybody elses thoughts?

I thought it was very hit and miss.  Some episodes barely raised a smile tbh.

58361[/snapback]

Agree. The Les Dennis, Kemp/Jones, Winslett episodes were great, the Ben Stiller one was so-so and the Patrick Steward and Samuel L. Jackson ones were disappointing.

I thought it was very hit and miss.  Some episodes barely raised a smile tbh.

58361[/snapback]

Agree. The Les Dennis, Kemp/Jones, Winslett episodes were great, the Ben Stiller one was so-so and the Patrick Steward and Samuel L. Jackson ones were disappointing.

58598[/snapback]

I thought the Patrick Stewart one was brilliant in parts, but I cant help thinking a lot of that was to do with how well Stewart played his part. Though again you could equally argue that that was inspired casting on the part of Gervais/Merchant.

The Sam Jackson one was shite like I agree. Very laboured material.

Never saw the Stiller episode.

I didn't enjoy this as much as I probably should have the first time around, but that's probably partly because I missed a few of the episodes.

I do think the show lacked something though; maybe just a lack of real character development or continuity, I'm not sure. There was just something missing.

I'll still get the DVD and watch it again like; I was critical of The Office when that first aired too, and it's now probably my all-time favourite show, so hopefully this will be the same...

Edited by Andy