boro 2-2 NUFC

Barney

Fucking hell, that was a bit hairy. Some proper numptys in the boro crowd, definite air of menace. My dad almost gave us away by standing up, starting to raise his arms, and opening his gob when our first one went in. Luckily he remembered where we were in the nick of time.

We looked in control until they equalised. After HT they bossed it for about 20 mins after Colo went off and Hughtons baffling substitutions. We were all over them after that and would've won if the game was a bit longer.

Kudos to the toon end, the whole end doing 'Pigbag' before the whistle was immense. Couple of lads in full chemical suits and masks too <_<

So how does that work

you can't celebrate our goals, does this mean that to avoid capture you have to celebrate their goals???

Basically, stood up when they scored (so as not to look out of place), no clapping or cheering tho. It's fucking difficult, specially if you've had a drink :yes

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Boro fans at the game today are a bunch of sad bastards. Almost as the SMB's down the road. They should focus more on filling their stadium and making noise to get behind their team instead of a banner. What did it say, "Geordie Trophy Virgins"?

It might be more acceptable if they were in a position to have a crack :yes

Stole that point. CH proving he really doesn't have what it takes.

According to Booby Moncur (at the game) it was the players that didnt turn up, in particular Jonas.

Say what you will about Jonas but his needle-threading pass for Lovenitlad to score was worth his time on the field. :yes

I think the Boro fans at the game today are a bunch of sad bastards. Almost as the SMB's down the road. They should focus more on filling their stadium and making noise to get behind their team instead of a banner. What did it say, "Geordie Trophy Virgins"?

Something like that. Bit rich coming from a bunch of fuckers who took the best part of 120 years to win their one and only cup.

trophyvirgins.jpg

According to Booby Moncur (at the game) it was the players that didnt turn up, in particular Jonas.

You're a parody of yourself tbh.

Let me spell it out for you. It is evident to anyone who watches him play that Nicky Butt is finished. Chris Hughton put Butt on for no apparent reason. Butt came on and gifted the opposing team a needless free-kick from which they scored. What else is left to say? That's even before talking about how he decided to put Simpson on the wrong side when we had a perfectly good left-back on the bench and brought on the absolutely worthless Leon Best (and let's not forget it was Hughton who bought the plodder in the first place) just when we needed urgency. He doesn't know what he is doing. Hughton is not a good manager and it is only by virtue of us having a significantly better squad than the rest of the dross in this division that we are top. A bag of rocks could do his job at this point. He will be caught out in truly monumental fashion when we return to the PL (just as he was when he was "managing" the squad in Kinnear's absence) and he will be out of a job by December when we are getting humped week in and week out, and the fans begin to turn on Fat Mike again and he needs another sacrificial lamb.

I don't need a crystal ball to see this and neither do you. Hughton is no good. We need to add a real manager to our wish list of "midfielders who can actually pass, strikers who can actually score, an owner who actually knows how to run a club."

p.s. Jonas was one of our best players on the night and had a class assist to put us ahead. Take off your blinders man.

Their highest crowd of the season. 27K.

Likewise, I dont see it as a derby. Sunderland is our derby and visa versa. Boro just want to be part of it, but can't. Bless.

Let me spell it out for you. It is evident to anyone who watches him play that Nicky Butt is finished. Chris Hughton put Butt on for no apparent reason. Butt came on and gifted the opposing team a needless free-kick from which they scored. What else is left to say? That's even before talking about how he decided to put Simpson on the wrong side when we had a perfectly good left-back on the bench and brought on the absolutely worthless Leon Best (and let's not forget it was Hughton who bought the plodder in the first place) just when we needed urgency. He doesn't know what he is doing. Hughton is not a good manager and it is only by virtue of us having a significantly better squad than the rest of the dross in this division that we are top. A bag of rocks could do his job at this point. He will be caught out in truly monumental fashion when we return to the PL (just as he was when he was "managing" the squad in Kinnear's absence) and he will be out of a job by December when we are getting humped week in and week out, and the fans begin to turn on Fat Mike again and he needs another sacrificial lamb.

I don't need a crystal ball to see this and neither do you. Hughton is no good. We need to add a real manager to our wish list of "midfielders who can actually pass, strikers who can actually score, an owner who actually knows how to run a club."

p.s. Jonas was one of our best players on the night and had a class assist to put us ahead. Take off your blinders man.

Absolutely spot on!

You can just make your point without being such a tedious little schoolgirl :yes

Let me spell it out for you. It is evident to anyone who watches him play that Nicky Butt is finished. Chris Hughton put Butt on for no apparent reason.

Butt came on and gifted the opposing team a needless free-kick from which they scored. What else is left to say? That's even before talking about how he decided to put Simpson on the wrong side when we had a perfectly good left-back on the bench and brought on the absolutely worthless Leon Best (and let's not forget it was Hughton who bought the plodder in the first place) just when we needed urgency.

Already lads in this thread who were at the match say Best made a big difference when he came on

He doesn't know what he is doing. Hughton is not a good manager and it is only by virtue of us having a significantly better squad than the rest of the dross in this division that we are top. A bag of rocks could do his job at this point. He will be caught out in truly monumental fashion when we return to the PL (just as he was when he was "managing" the squad in Kinnear's absence) and he will be out of a job by December when we are getting humped week in and week out, and the fans begin to turn on Fat Mike again and he needs another sacrificial lamb.

I don't need a crystal ball to see this and neither do you. Hughton is no good.

Diasagree and time will tell

We need to add a real manager

Real??? A Souness, Daglish, Allardyce etc etc another big money manager who will piss more big money on more big flops

to our wish list of "midfielders who can actually pass, strikers who can actually score, an owner who actually knows how to run a club."

They were not my blinkers, they were Bobby Moncurs blinkers, as I stated in my opening line <_<but dont let that get in the way of a good sulk.

Edited by Christmas Tree

I agree with pretty much of most what you say here. The sad thing, and i don't want to labour the point even though I'm sure some will accuese me of all sorts of shite that suits them,but we are - under Mike Ashley - back to how the club was run in the 1960's, 70's and 80's.

The sooner people stop thinking of NUFC as being one of the biggest clubs in the country, the better. They have grown up to think of the club in these terms - correctly - but it is the ex board/owners who created this expectation , whatever faults they had.

You can just make your point without being such a tedious little schoolgirl :yes

Let me spell it out for you. It is evident to anyone who watches him play that Nicky Butt is finished. Chris Hughton put Butt on for no apparent reason.

Butt came on and gifted the opposing team a needless free-kick from which they scored. What else is left to say? That's even before talking about how he decided to put Simpson on the wrong side when we had a perfectly good left-back on the bench and brought on the absolutely worthless Leon Best (and let's not forget it was Hughton who bought the plodder in the first place) just when we needed urgency.

Already lads in this thread who were at the match say Best made a big difference when he came on

He doesn't know what he is doing. Hughton is not a good manager and it is only by virtue of us having a significantly better squad than the rest of the dross in this division that we are top. A bag of rocks could do his job at this point. He will be caught out in truly monumental fashion when we return to the PL (just as he was when he was "managing" the squad in Kinnear's absence) and he will be out of a job by December when we are getting humped week in and week out, and the fans begin to turn on Fat Mike again and he needs another sacrificial lamb.

Real??? A Souness, Daglish, Allardyce etc etc another big money manager who will piss more big money on more big flops

to our wish list of "midfielders who can actually pass, strikers who can actually score, an owner who actually knows how to run a club."

They were not my blinkers, they were Bobby Moncurs blinkers, as I stated in my opening line <_<but dont let that get in the way of a good sulk.

It may have escaped your notice CT, but Kenny Dalglish was one of the top 2 achieving managers in this country when he was appointed.

I never cease to be amazed by the amount of people who slate this appointment, then moan on about the club "failing to attract top managers"

This may be the case now, but it certainly was not the case then, when the club was backing their managers, bringing top players to the club and playing regularly in europe

Edited by LeazesMag

Bringing Butt on was a horrendous decision. Committing fouls and lofting useless balls into the box - pathetic. Routledge and Enrique on the bench for precisely what reason? Pacrate was having a poor game with Routledge a perfect replacement and when Coloccini picked up a knock Kadar could have slotted into central defense with Enrique coming in on the left.

If they're not ready to play why name them in the side? Amateur. Best coming on wasn't a great sub either even though he tried hard there was nothing for him.

Something like that. Bit rich coming from a bunch of fuckers who took the best part of 120 years to win their one and only cup.

Aye, that banner was sad as fuck. We beat them 11-1 on the trophy side and their's is only the League cup ffs.

I enjoyed yesterday a lot. 'We'll meet again' at the end had the smogs rattled like - also couldn't believe their were so many empty seat for their 'derby'. SMB (Sad Middlesbrough Bastards).

I was at the match and thought Bobby Moncur was talking bollocks after the game like (on the coach home). Hughton's substitutions have been poor all season imo. Why does he never give Ranger a chance? And why the fuck did he put that useless ginger-haired twat Butt on? We are fucked with Hughton in the premiership, simple as.

I agree with pretty much of most what you say here. The sad thing, and i don't want to labour the point even though I'm sure some will accuese me of all sorts of shite that suits them,but we are - under Mike Ashley - back to how the club was run in the 1960's, 70's and 80's.

The sooner people stop thinking of NUFC as being one of the biggest clubs in the country, the better. They have grown up to think of the club in these terms - correctly - but it is the ex board/owners who created this expectation , whatever faults they had.

This is the thing Leazes, a lot of us dont.

It may have escaped your notice CT, but Kenny Dalglish was one of the top 2 achieving managers in this country when he was appointed.

I never cease to be amazed by the amount of people who slate this appointment, then moan on about the club "failing to attract top managers"

This may be the case now, but it certainly was not the case then, when the club was backing their managers, bringing top players to the club and playing regularly in europe

Thats exactly my point Leazes. People call for "real" / "top" managers but that doesnt mean they bring success.

Thats exactly my point Leazes. People call for "real" / "top" managers but that doesnt mean they bring success.

Whereas you really believe that someone like Hughton is the answer? Incredible.

We all know where you're going with your point of view LM but I'll put this one in the mix. Without Keegan, Hall and Shepherd would have achieved no more than Westwood, Seymour, McKeag, etc. did. KK made the difference, NOT Freddy Shepherd.

SBR aside (who I've always considered to be one of the greatest club managers in my lifetime), we've been in a constant decline from the day Keegan walked out in 1997. And we all know why that was, don't we?

Well, since Keegans first stint Ive seen countless big names try and fail and fail and fail.

But here go, the thick delusional geordies once again calling for another "real" manager to drain away any money we have left. Once again setting ourselves up as a laughing stock before we are even promoted.

Who do you want this time Renton....Strachan, Bruce, Allardyce........

Incredible. <_<

You can just make your point without being such a tedious little schoolgirl <_<

Well, since Keegans first stint Ive seen countless big names try and fail and fail and fail.

But here go, the thick delusional geordies once again calling for another "real" manager to drain away any money we have left. Once again setting ourselves up as a laughing stock before we are even promoted.

Who do you want this time Renton....Strachan, Bruce, Allardyce........

Incredible. :rolleyes:

Robson - you know, that proven manger who is the only one since Keegan to deliver? :yes The manager is by far the most important job in any football club imo. Your argument that we should just employ any bugger to fill this role regardless of their CV is frankly unbelieveable, despite other big name managers not being successful in the past.

You say you were once a CEO and are now a (happy) taxi driver? I can see why it didn't work out for you tbh. :rolleyes:

Renton, tim but dim, my point is that it's easy to say let's get a "real" manager but a lot harder to actually do as our track record shows.

Surely even you can understand that bit.

Then being realistic any manager working under our owner is going to have to rely on other things than big money signings. As a lot of the so called big managers get succesful by splashing cash around, it is quite obvious quite a few like the rednapps etc wouldn't want to risk their reputation at our club.

Still getting it.

Then there's the bit about we are not a "big" club anymore so the cream ain't going to throw themselves at our door.

Still understanding

that then leaves a choice between hughton or a small group of has beens that have no guarantee of success such as the olearys, curbishleys etc

so do we throw away a good coach who has managed better this season than all expectations to go with another kinnear or the ilk.

Not for me.

And as for CEO remark i was a marketing director you pompous liitle prick!

Anyway you keep fannying on with your little plastic job while the mrs does the real work.

Incredible, truly incredible.

Tbf to Hughton I could understand why he brought on an extra midfielder yesterday as we were getting bossed in the middle a bit in the second half. It's just that Butt is completely finished and really shouldn't be on the pitch any more. And why the fuck is he putting players on the bench that he obviously has no intention of playing.