General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even though I'm not old enough to vote, I still take up a moderate interest in politics and care about who will ultimately govern our country come May 6th.

Cameron was far too evasive when questioned by the opposition, and Clegg seemed erractical and just saying what the public wanted to hear, and not what actually would be implemented if he were to be elected, I also don't think he'd be strong enough internationally.

For the good of this country, and a sucessful economic recovery I would firmly advise the Labour Party and Gordon Brown.

Found Brown's Question Time reference and when he took the piss out of the posters incredibly funny.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regard to who "won" tonight I would say Clegg, then Cameron, then Brown.

Brown and Cameron looked far too rehearsed where as Clegg came across quite natural.

While I initially liked Cleggs performance, by the end I thought he was coming across holier than thou.

With another two of these debates to go I think Clegg could really ramp up support for the lib dems with a lot of floating voters, particularly the young.

Overall as a bit pro Dave, extremely dissapointed with his performance.

Thought Brown looked like the old timer, not used too a situation forced upon him by modern American style media.

Clegg looked naive and Cameron. Well he's a twat isn't he.

Basically we are fucked then :lol:

Clegg was impressive tonight but overall i think these debates might end up being a waste of time as most of us know that labour will win again like the have done for the past god knows how many times.

Damn, I wish I could get these posters up on here. Anyway, the last one should not be opened at work, or in front of those who may be easily offended.

Lets face it, it's no real surprise that Clegg won it hands down - he's got decades of being in opposition on his side, he's running the minority party so he has the leverage to air his true views and not those that are tailored in attempt to get him inside 10 Downing Street.

Cameron and Brown are concentrating too much on what has gone before and blaming / praising their respective parties for the action and role in the last 31 years of government. Fucks sake, what is past is prologue - we start from now with what we have. Having a bitch-slap about who did what however long ago is going to get us nowhere.

Clegg cleary won the debate, Cameron was 2nd but clearly the expectation got to him and Brown predictably crashed and burned. IMO the sitting Prime Minister should never get into the levels of slagging off the leader of the opposition - he should defend his position and policies since he's been in charge.

If the Tories get in, it'll be because Brown lost the election rather than Cameron won it.

Found Brown's Question Time reference and when he took the piss out of the posters incredibly funny.

Really? Or am I being whooshed?

Lets face it, it's no real surprise that Clegg won it hands down - he's got decades of being in opposition on his side, he's running the minority party so he has the leverage to air his true views and not those that are tailored in attempt to get him inside 10 Downing Street.

Cameron and Brown are concentrating too much on what has gone before and blaming / praising their respective parties for the action and role in the last 31 years of government. Fucks sake, what is past is prologue - we start from now with what we have. Having a bitch-slap about who did what however long ago is going to get us nowhere.

Clegg cleary won the debate, Cameron was 2nd but clearly the expectation got to him and Brown predictably crashed and burned. IMO the sitting Prime Minister should never get into the levels of slagging off the leader of the opposition - he should defend his position and policies since he's been in charge.

If the Tories get in, it'll be because Brown lost the election rather than Cameron won it.

Agreed, particularly the bolded.

Clegg, Brown, Cameron in that order.

From someone who wouldn't vote for either Brown or Cameron I can't agree with that. Cameron didn't come across as well as was probably expected but he came across better than Brown who IMO is a very weak link at the front of the Labour Party. Almost as weak as IDS was for the Tories IYAM.

From someone who wouldn't vote for either Brown or Cameron I can't agree with that. Cameron didn't come across as well as was probably expected but he came across better than Brown who IMO is a very weak link at the front of the Labour Party. Almost as weak as IDS was for the Tories IYAM.

Neither would I, but Cameron flapped like fuck for the first 60 minutes. He dealt in cringeworthy anecdotes and exceptionally empty yet typical Tory rhetoric for the vast majority of the debate and didn't look comfortable with the format at all. Okay, towards the end he found his stride but only managed to slip into his role as snake oil salesman. Brown on the other hand was surprisingly assured for someone who is known to be the worst speaker out of the three. He peppered his statements with facts and figures, managed to look fairly statesman like while scoring points of the Conservatives. He would've won more points if it wasn't for his sycophantic pestering of Clegg every other question.

All I think was resolved tonight is why Call Me Dave has done a runner on the interview he was meant to be having with Paxman next week. I know Paxo is just a contrary fucker in interviews nowadays and if you outlast him you can come out of it on top but he'd have ran rings around Cameron.

Cameron dealt in cringeworthy anecdotes and exceptionally empty yet typical Tory rhetoric for the vast majority of the debate and didn't look comfortable with the format at all. Okay, towards the end he found his stride but only managed to slip into his role as snake oil salesman.

Spot on observation. And Brown as bad as IDS Craig? Bollocks man.

Brown was abject, whatever he said as his opening statement to a question he then repeated everytime he spoke, that's when he wasn't saying "Nick agrees with me".

As for the "we're going to put x,y,z right" You've had fucking years to do just that you twat !!!!

Clegg best by a mile, Cameron second, Brown utter shite.

Of course labour'll still get hods of votes, because my grandad voted for them you know, it's what we do in our family/area :lol:

+1

+2

But then I thought Brown undersold a lot of what's going on under labour. He didn't quantify how many more police there are now and how much crime has dropped while the other two kept complaining about crime out of control. Or by how much immigration has been coming down (or even how the net profit from immigratioon is positive rather than negative) while Cameron suggested border police (WTF? :lol: More spending David?).

Overall it just depressed me a great deal. 3 blokes telling everyone what they want to hear. "We need to cut spending, cut bureaucracy, cut democratic representation, cut the deficit.....but pump far more cash into helicopters, ships, nukes and equipment for keeping 10,000 soldiers in Afghanistan on the false pretense of counter-terrorism"

Cameron is clearly an uber-cunt of magnificent proportion. He just ignored the point when anyone raised the contradiction of cutting the deficit and tax cuts for the wealthiest. His head's longer than Beaker's, the fucker.

Clegg seemed a bit nervous. Stuttering about and getting his grammar muxed ip. Says it all that he still looked a more solid option with a better grasp on issues than either of the other two and didn't make wild promises to pull in votes as I recall.

Cameron dealt in cringeworthy anecdotes and exceptionally empty yet typical Tory rhetoric for the vast majority of the debate and didn't look comfortable with the format at all. Okay, towards the end he found his stride but only managed to slip into his role as snake oil salesman.

Spot on observation. And Brown as bad as IDS Craig? Bollocks man.

I did say "almost"... :lol:

He dithers like fuck man but what really stood out for me was his rhetoric to attack Cameron from the outset. The Prime Minister for me should start a debate such as defending his own position rather than starting on the attack against the bloke who will most likely replace him. It smacks of him feeling severely threatened by Cameron.

The cabinet standing outside no.10 when he announced the election spoke volumes to me - he wanted it to appear that he was just the front man of a team but it looked in all intense purposes like he needed them to carry him.

As for the "we're going to put x,y,z right" You've had fucking years to do just that you twat !!!!

The only one of those that stuck out to me was house of lords reform.

I flicked over for HIGNFY. Did Brown clobber Cameron with fox hunting at any point? The yoof won't go tory if it means the fluffy dog get's it.

The cabinet standing outside no.10 when he announced the election spoke volumes to me - he wanted it to appear that he was just the front man of a team but it looked in all intense purposes like he needed them to carry him.

That's the way it should be. We don't vote for a president, we vote a party into power.

Apart from that greasy weasel Osbourne and the smiley gay one I quite like, I don't think I'd know another Tory shadow cabinet member if they shit on my lawn.

I think I know more Lib Dems what with Lembit, Charles, Vince and that.

The only one of those that stuck out to me was house of lords reform.

I flicked over for HIGNFY. Did Brown clobber Cameron with fox hunting at any point? The yoof won't go tory if it means the fluffy dog get's it.

Aye Gordon shot himself in the foot on that one. What was it he said? "And please, no more hereditary peers David..." - he's talking like Cameron's already the PM! :lol:

No mention about fox hunting as far as I can remember but anyone dragging that one to the surface is dragging the bottom of the barrel IMO.

Of course labour'll still get hods of votes, because my grandad voted for them you know, it's what we do in our family/area :lol:

That applies more to Labour than it does Conservative does it?

Listened to some of it again on the radio in this morning and it reminded me of just how bad Cameron was last night. He was reeling prersonal anecdote after personal anecdote off (Brown did this too but to a lesser extent). You can't base your evidence for governance on anecdotes ffs!

What's the bets that in the next hustings he will say 'You know, I met a charming young Jewish man in a studio the other night, and he said that he was not being taught enough but was being examined too much......'.

Of course labour'll still get hods of votes, because my grandad voted for them you know, it's what we do in our family/area :nufc:

That applies more to Labour than it does Conservative does it?

Listened to some of it again on the radio in this morning and it reminded me of just how bad Cameron was last night. He was reeling prersonal anecdote after personal anecdote off (Brown did this too but to a lesser extent). You can't base your evidence for governance on anecdotes ffs!

What's the bets that in the next hustings he will say 'You know, I met a charming young Jewish man in a studio the other night, and he said that he was not being taught enough but was being examined too much......'.

Aye you're not wrong with that like... :lol:

The best (by which I mean most hilariously crow-barred in) anecdote was the one about the bloke that got robbed while he was at his mothers funeral.

:lol: Holy Shit David. What kind of fucked up prime minister would encourage that? Hang your head Gordon Brown.

Mr Clegg led four instant polls in the hours after the broadcast, claiming

51% of viewers' votes in a survey for The Sun,

43% in another for ITV News and

37% in a text message poll for Sky News.

The Sun had Mr Cameron on 29% and Mr Brown on 19%,

ITV1's poll scored them on 26% and 20% respectively

Sky News survey put the Tory leader marginally behind the Prime Minister by 31% to 32%.

In The Times, the Lib Dem leader was rated the winner by a colossal 61%, against 22% for Cameron and 17% for Brown.

Brown was abject, whatever he said as his opening statement to a question he then repeated everytime he spoke, that's when he wasn't saying "Nick agrees with me".

Clegg best by a mile, Cameron second, Brown utter shite.

Of course labour'll still get hods of votes, because my grandad voted for them you know, it's what we do in our family/area :nufc:

He made himself look extremely weak by keep saying this, especially when the camera cut to clegg shaking his head in disagreement. :lol: