General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not with Brown is it? The world economy has collapsed. Jeez! <_<

And Labour's entire campaign hinges on a smoke-and-mirrors act aimed at distracting people from the extent to which Brown exposed us to the worst of that collapse by inextricably tying our economy to the twin pillars of minimal financial regulation and the expectation of infinite growth in an unsustainable house price pyramid scheme.

Trouble is, I have no confidence that the other lot would have done things any differently...

And Labour's entire campaign hinges on a smoke-and-mirrors act aimed at distracting people from the extent to which Brown exposed us to the worst of that collapse by inextricably tying our economy to the twin pillars of minimal financial regulation and the expectation of infinite growth in an unsustainable house price pyramid scheme.

Trouble is, I have no confidence that the other lot would have done things any differently...

You talk like late capitalism actually has any choices, it doesn't...Any old gravy train will do.

Conservative Party: 44%

Liberal Democrats: 42%

Labour Party: 37%

I'll be voting Lib Dem this time.

123% turn out. Impressive!

The percentages aren't cumulative. It's a representation of how much you are in agreement with a particular party's policies and principles.

Dr Ken agrees with 44% of what the Torys stand for, 42% of what the Lib Dems do and 37% of what Labour's principles are.

You talk like late capitalism actually has any choices, it doesn't...Any old gravy train will do.

It may not have black-and-white choices, but it certainly has shades of sludgy grey.

It may not have black-and-white choices, but it certainly has shades of sludgy grey.

It's over baby...Just waiting for the fat bird to get up...

If you just take the UK we're using nearly 20% of our gdp to keep up interest payments on the black hole that is our finances. And I'm pretty sure Italy and Portugal are gone along with Greece.

Shame there aren't any financial miracle workers like Dr. Sacht or John Maynard Keynes knocking about. The current form of capitalism clearly hasn't worked, yet our political and economic overlords still worship their New Right idols. I'm voting the same way I have done for the last few elections, although I'd probably vote for Plaid Cymru if I lived in Wales.

Conservative Party: 44%

Liberal Democrats: 42%

Labour Party: 37%

I'll be voting Lib Dem this time.

123% turn out. Impressive!

The percentages aren't cumulative. It's a representation of how much you are in agreement with a particular party's policies and principles.

Dr Ken agrees with 44% of what the Torys stand for, 42% of what the Lib Dems do and 37% of what Labour's principles are.

Aye, but I think he was taking the piss there, Craig <_<

I've done a few of these quiz things and its interesting that with my left wing leanings, I'm being directed to the Lib Dems and the Greens. Say's a lot about New Labour.

Did that test, put the Greens, UKIP, and BNP in it for the hell of it even though I'd never vote for them in a million years:

Labour Party: 70%

Green Party: 52%

Liberal Democrats: 49%

Conservative Party: 35%

UK Independence Party: 34%

British National Party: 19%

About what I expected apart from the Green Party vote.

The Lib Dem ideas are ludicrous. They've just done the populist view of equating the whole financial sector to "banks"

They've not addressed the issue of the general addiction to debt at all levels and the endless drive to increase returns which led to ruin. They've not thought abuot the short-term impact of such a radical change with no lead-in period.

Pay is used heavily to motivate- will a large pension fund manager still be rewarded per annual performance? Or are they a bank too now? LInstitutional funds are large shareholders in banks, if they need to get a bigger return on their investment then the banks need to take more risk (which is one of the biggest drivers of the whole crisis).

You need to regulate finance as a whole and to do it with global co-operation. Turning the UK's banks into building societies might make nice reading for the man of the people Vinny C, but it wont do much good for the UK until we have something to replace the massive overdependency the UK economy has on a bloated financial services sector.

The Lib Dem ideas are ludicrous. They've just done the populist view of equating the whole financial sector to "banks"

They've not addressed the issue of the general addiction to debt at all levels and the endless drive to increase returns which led to ruin. They've not thought abuot the short-term impact of such a radical change with no lead-in period.

Pay is used heavily to motivate- will a large pension fund manager still be rewarded per annual performance? Or are they a bank too now? LInstitutional funds are large shareholders in banks, if they need to get a bigger return on their investment then the banks need to take more risk (which is one of the biggest drivers of the whole crisis).

You need to regulate finance as a whole and to do it with global co-operation. Turning the UK's banks into building societies might make nice reading for the man of the people Vinny C, but it wont do much good for the UK until we have something to replace the massive overdependency the UK economy has on a bloated financial services sector.

The UK manufacturing sector is usually underestimated by people. 22.5% of GDP is manufacturing. Its not that bad.

Let the pound slide, your holidays wont be as lavish but at least you'll be still enjoying them in years to come. I'd price the pound at parity with the euro, keep sticking bills in circulation and let the exporters pull us forward.

And that is why a hung parliament would be the worst possible outcome for the UK.

I think Labour have included the consideration of electoral reform in their manifesto.

Though I can't see either Labour or the Conservatives supporting any proposals that could lead to a reduction of their electoral dominance.

See some of the cheeky fuckers. Three (I think) of the labour MPs who are being forced to pay back their expenses (in the rules my arse!) have applied, and been granted, legal aid! So, we pay their expenses and have to pay their legal costs so they can defend their claims?

See some of the cheeky fuckers. Three (I think) of the labour MPs who are being forced to pay back their expenses (in the rules my arse!) have applied, and been granted, legal aid! So, we pay their expenses and have to pay their legal costs so they can defend their claims?

Cernts. :lol: