Sky TV

LeazesMag

just had some sharp operator phoned saying my insurance for sky equipment has been reduced from 8 quid to 6 quid a month. I said I am not paying 8 quid a month and never have. He said everybody else pays 8 quid and I am getting a special reduction to 6. I said that I thought replacement equipment was free as a subscriber [because I got a new dish and receiver a few years or rather I paid 65 quid service charge which was fine].

So I said, you mean my monthly sub has gone up from 40 to 46 quid ? He said yes. So I said how much notice to you give to cancel sky because I am not happy with this ? He said 6 weeks and put the phone down. I don't know yet if I am going to be charged 6 quid more, or not, or he will take that to mean I am cancelling.

Cockney bastard, and I thought it was from Jockland, they have always been Jocks who phoned before.

I cancelled sky last week....I spoke to the call centre in Livingstone and they said they wanted 4 weeks notic, so my service gets switched off on April 4th, which was confirmed by letter yesterday. Sounds like somebody's "at it" with your insurance, and I did receive an email from sky themselves about extended warranty fake calls this week.

pm your email and I'll forward on what sky sent me of you like.

I've wondered if it was genuine, I dialled 1471 and got the number so I think I'll ring them back over the weekend.

They are sharp operators though, to deal with, and the techniques they use, he tried to make out he was doing me a favour

Even 6 quid a month is 72 quid a year, bollocks to them, if it goes bust and they won't repair it for a reasonable fee I'll chuck it in anyway.

I've had sky since the premiership started and got used to their scams but this beats the lot.

I've wondered if it was genuine, I dialled 1471 and got the number so I think I'll ring them back over the weekend.

They are sharp operators though, to deal with, and the techniques they use, he tried to make out he was doing me a favour

Even 6 quid a month is 72 quid a year, bollocks to them, if it goes bust and they won't repair it for a reasonable fee I'll chuck it in anyway.

I've had sky since the premiership started and got used to their scams but this beats the lot.

I think its a con. Someone tried the same trick on my parents a few years back. They are either trying to get your bank details or they are trying to make you pay them a premium for something you're already getting for free (well, as part of your subscription package).

Aye it's scammers. The way the conversation goes is they'll tell you that you need to pay the £72 in one go to lock in the rate. At which point you hand over bank/credit card details and they've done their job. I bet they rip 100s of people a day off.

Not our Leazes though. There's no flies on him!

Digital Warranty services who phone on behalf of SKY to remind you that your warranty is about to expire.

They do not actually have anything to do with sky but hope you dont question that.

This company is basicly trying to sell insurance but without the correct license so they call it a warrenty.

If your in your 1 year with sky, the box is under warrenty, if your out of the year contract you can call them and tell them your box is broken and they will replace it for you for free.

YOU DONT NEED THIS SERVICE ON YOUR SKY BOX, sky would sooner replace the box than lose a customer.

These bastards have phoned me 3 times this week, fortunately at work when I've been busy and I've told them to call me back. Didn't realise it was a scam till I came in here and then I thought to look their number up.

Cheers lads. ;)

Aye, my missus got conned by a company called Skylite doing this exact thing. It's cost her £60 to find out the hard way that they're scammers, I sort of blame myself really though as they'd rang me about 2 weeks previously and I'd told them to fuck off in no uncertain terms but forgot to tell the wife they'd rang.