NUFC 3-0 Scunthorpe

Barney

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I being a bit OTT when I say Scunny were one of the worst teams we've played at SJP in a good 10 year spell? They're certainly up there for me, I had my ST since the 2000/01 season and off the top of my head I'm struggling to think of a league team we have played who have been as poor as that.

Peterborough and Plymouth came to SJP this year but gave more than what Iron did last night It might be knee jerk but they are really out of their depth and it showed horribly.

Am I being a bit OTT when I say Scunny were one of the worst teams we've played at SJP in a good 10 year spell? They're certainly up there for me, I had my ST since the 2000/01 season and off the top of my head I'm struggling to think of a league team we have played who have been as poor as that.

Peterborough and Plymouth came to SJP this year but gave more than what Iron did last night It might be knee jerk but they are really out of their depth and it showed horribly.

Nah, I think you're spot on.

Nah, I think you're spot on.

There looked to be a good two divisions difference between the two teams last night and I think (and certainly hope) there will actually be two divisions difference next term.

When Scunny beat us at their place It really was embarrasing because they were utterly shite that night too yet we allowed them to put their very limited football ability to the pitch. Last night they didnt get much of a sniff all game. They were out ran, out muscled, out played in every single department. It's not a reflection on how good we are or how poor they are. It shows the staggering gulf in this division that, even though they're in the relegation zone they could still quite conceivably stay up!

that Nigel Adkins quote was a bit baffling like even if it was correct. I couldnt see any reason why we weren't going to get a result before KO yesterday. We've the best home record in the league and they've conceeded the most goals in the league away from home coupled with the fact they have only won 3 on the road.

Guest Barrack Road

I haven't read any of the thread, so I might be repeating what other people have said, but often people say things unjustifiably like "we could've been 5-0 up at half time", well honestly we could've been 10-0 up at half time, it was ridiculous.

Andy Carroll was different class, his best game in a black and white shirt by a mile. His game on the floor picked up no end, great touches, good hold up and link up play, absolute brilliant performance.

Guest Barrack Road
Those who claim we threw it away do Man Utd a ridiculous disservice. They picked up 40 points from 45.

Every week they seemed to sneak a 1-0, and every week Schemeichel had a blinder and Cantona scored. Was like watching your own death in slow motion.

Those who claim we threw it away do Man Utd a ridiculous disservice. They picked up 40 points from 45.

Every week they seemed to sneak a 1-0, and every week Schemeichel had a blinder and Cantona scored. Was like watching your own death in slow motion.

Aye, them two were unbelievable at the end of that season. Cantona had just come back from his long ban for twatting that fan at Crystal Palace as well.

I listened to them play QPR where he equalised and it was after 5 o clock - I was livid.

Aye, them two were unbelievable at the end of that season. Cantona had just come back from his long ban for twatting that fan at Crystal Palace as well.

If you take the season as two halves of 19 (which that season took us to mid December) in the first half of the season we took 45 from 57 points available. Man Utd took 35 from 57 in that time.

In the second half of the season we took 33 from 57, Man Utd took 47 from 57.

Basically, we failed to sustain the challenge. Sadly, we actually maintained the challenge until mid Feb, which coincided with Man Utd constantly playing before us and winning, and then the pressure always on us to win our games in hand.

Even at the end, they’d played 37 games to our 35.

We started well and faded badly; they started well and chased us down well. It really is a combination of them playing extremely well and us bottling it slightly (being inexperienced/naive).

If you take the season as two halves of 19 (which that season took us to mid December) in the first half of the season we took 45 from 57 points available. Man Utd took 35 from 57 in that time.

In the second half of the season we took 33 from 57, Man Utd took 47 from 57.

Basically, we failed to sustain the challenge. Sadly, we actually maintained the challenge until mid Feb, which coincided with Man Utd constantly playing before us and winning, and then the pressure always on us to win our games in hand.

Even at the end, they’d played 37 games to our 35.

We started well and faded badly; they started well and chased us down well. It really is a combination of them playing extremely well and us bottling it slightly (being inexperienced/naive).

The fact that 4 of our last 6 away games were Arsenal, Liverpool, Blackburn and Leeds was a factor as well.

I also think if the Forest game hadn't been postponed and had been played in January with less pressure, we'd have beaten them which would have taken it to the last day in a better way all else being equal.

I was at the Forest game. Ian fucking Woan :lol:

The thing that got me about that game is that they's been to Old Trafford on the Monday before and had laid down and died like the scabby cunts they were/are but when that twat scored and at the end their fans celebrated like they'd won the european cup again. See also Blackburn fans - Manc loving cunts the pair of them. And add the scouse cunts to the celebration thing as well - hate Man Utd my arse.

(Yes I am quite bitter).

I was at the Forest game. Ian fucking Woan :D

The thing that got me about that game is that they's been to Old Trafford on the Monday before and had laid down and died like the scabby cunts they were/are but when that twat scored and at the end their fans celebrated like they'd won the european cup again. See also Blackburn fans - Manc loving cunts the pair of them. And add the scouse cunts to the celebration thing as well - hate Man Utd my arse.

(Yes I am quite bitter).

Me too :lol: Didn't Forest lose about 6-0 in the game you're on about. I stopped watching before the end in truth. And aye, the fans of all those sides gloated like fuck even though they'd basically handed the title to a team they supposedly despised. We were just on about Graham Fenton last night as well. Thinking about that we were just fated not to win it that year.

I was at the Forest game. Ian fucking Woan :D

(Yes I am quite bitter).

Me too :lol: Didn't Forest lose about 6-0 in the game you're on about. I stopped watching before the end in truth. And aye, the fans of all those sides gloated like fuck even though they'd basically handed the title to a team they supposedly despised. We were just on about Graham Fenton last night as well. Thinking about that we were just fated not to win it that year.

I accept the lack of experience as mentioned above but I've always just put it down overall to a bit of bad luck. I really don't like people trying to blame Asprilla and Batty though.

That fat cunt with the glasses of the Woolnough show was always the worst saying Keegan dropped Gillespie for Asprilla - no you stupid twat- Gillespie was put out of action for months by a disgracefully unpunished tackle by Gary Neville at xmas but don't let the facts get in the way of your anti-Keegan shite.

I still dream of what it would be like now if we had won the league then. We would be the second biggest club in the uk. the ground would have been expanded. we would be attracting all the world stars still. Other trophies would have followed and would still be rolling in.

AND FUCKING ASHLEY WOULD BE AT SPURS

Just seen the three goals and cant believe some of you lads who were at the match havent made more of them (unless I've missed it).

A magnificent rocket header for the first, a Beardsley / Lineker one two for the second and a supremely composed chip for the third.

Really, really impressed. :lol:

Just seen the three goals and cant believe some of you lads who were at the match havent made more of them (unless I've missed it).

A magnificent rocket header for the first, a Beardsley / Lineker one two for the second and a supremely composed chip for the third.

Saw them on tv the other night. I haven't seen them since, but two goals struck me as shit goalkeeping. I may go and watch them again from the link up there /\

Saw them on tv the other night. I haven't seen them since, but two goals struck me as shit goalkeeping. I may go and watch them again from the link up there /\

Tut give them credit snakey!

They can only beat whats infront of them!

Really, really impressed. :D

I totally agree. But if a goalkeeper lies down before you have kicked the ball, even my old aunt would know how to score a goal. :lol:

Really, really impressed. :D

I totally agree. But if a goalkeeper lies down before you have kicked the ball, even my old aunt would know how to score a goal. :lol:

Carrolls 1st was an unstopable header...very few keepers at any level would of stopped that if any!

Carrolls second, the keeper charged out to close the angle but stopped halfway...was still a very composed tidy finish.

Lovenkrands the keeper was gash like but again a very composed finish...how many times have we seen players hit the keeprs legs or blaze over from that position?