Football personalities you admire.

Craig

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one is a lot harder than personalities you despise

the top managers are all too often involved in petty arguments for me to admire as such, still respect their ability though

players... pretty much all arseholes

the one man I truly admired was SBR but hes got the NUFC connection

I suppose the closest I get is players like Zola and more recently Messi who just take absolute joy in playing the game you can see it on their face

There was a guy who played for Villa who gave half his wages to charity.

Paul Scholes, the only player in the Premiership who refuses to use an agent.

why would he need an agent? hes one of the managers golden boys and has been at one club in his whole carreer

Edit: Gary McAllister as well

I used to like him before he did an atrocious tackle on Rob Lee at Elland road in about 94 - raked his studs down his Achilles from behind - only a yellow of course.

Guest Barrack Road
Edit: Gary McAllister as well

I used to like him before he did an atrocious tackle on Rob Lee at Elland road in about 94 - raked his studs down his Achilles from behind - only a yellow of course.

I can't remember that like, but I used to admire him, Paul McGrath I used to admire a lot I know Jonny2J feels the same and I'll whisper it quietly but Gordon Strachan was an absolutely immense player who it was difficult to dislike as a player.

I love footballers who can strike a ball, very few can truly, truly hit it in my view, Hasselbaink was a joy to watch for me, and seems a very nice bloke too, came from a rough upbringing to do well for himself.

Roy Hodgson seems a real gent.

Fletcher from ManU seems a decent lad too. Hard worker.

Ive always thought hes kind of an arsehole, works hard aye but is dirty and impetulant

I do like hodgson though

Ji Sung Park - Couldnt ask for more in a footballer. Model professional, fantastic graft and energy levels, doesnt give the ball away and technically solid.

Bullard, Wenger (despite his whinging I admire his pro-football attitude) and Shearer.

Zico, Platini, and Baggio are probably my favourite 3 non-Newcastle related players. I could list about 50 though tbh. As managers go I probably admire Wenger the most.