Strange but True!!!!!!

Christmas Tree

Most of has strange events that occur during a lifetime or our Dads have passed their stories on. Ghosts, UFO's premonitions????

Do you have any?

UFO's

When I was 12 (1977) a group of about 20 of us were playing in the park late one night when all of a sudden a large beam / spotlight shone down from above lighting the whole area up. There was no noise and helicopters were not even common place any way.

Everyone ran in various directions until it dissappeared literally five seconds later. To this day we sometimes mention it but nobody can explain it. :lol:

Guardian Angels

When I was about 11 I was on holiday in Scarborough (yes I know) with my mam and I had been fishing on the harbour. I went off to get something at the shop and excitedly raced out of the shop and into the busy road. In ultra slow motion I remember turning to my right to see a large fast moving coach about to squash me. I suddenly felt something on my shoulder pulling me back. You've guessed it, I turned around and there was nobody there. :D:icon_lol:

Monster

While driving alongisde Loch Ness :icon_lol: with the family in the car, I happened to notice a nessy type head sticking out of the water and travelling quite fast in the same direction as us. I only got a quick look and there were trees between us and the Loch but honest gov, it was nessy. :rolleyes::icon_lol: :icon_lol:

^^^ Confirms Renton's diagnosis of mass mental illness on the board.

When travelling to Deby in 1982 by special train, me and 3 mates cut a pack of cards to see who would be dealer for poker. We all drew aces - statiscally mind-boggling and probably guarantees no lottery wins for any of us for life.

^^^ Confirms Renton's diagnosis of mass mental illness on the board.

When travelling to Deby in 1982 by special train, me and 3 mates cut a pack of cards to see who would be dealer for poker. We all drew aces - statiscally mind-boggling and probably guarantees no lottery wins for any of us for life.

I once rolled five 1's on five dice. Lost 240 points of Terminators in one roll. Sucked. :lol:

I've seen (for lack of a better term) ghosts a few times. Then I started drinking a bunch. Didn't see them anymore.

While I haven't seen anything that would get me on the xfiles, I was tree planting in northern BC and two of our crew swear that while they were rolling around at the edge of the lake one night they saw a large cylindrical object with lights along the leading edge.

At the time I laughed it off and put it down to long term pesticide exposure from planting, BUT 2 years afterward I was listening to the radio and heard that during that summer the bulkley valley had been the UFO hot-spot in Canada, and I was utterly speechless when they said they had a significant number of sightings the same description...you guessed a large cylindrical object with lights along the leading edge.

Surely the Nessy 'mystery' has been sussed.

nessie-as-an-elephant.jpg

At least it would exaplain why there were many sightings in the past when the circus folk used to let their elephants swim in the loch, but none now.

On a related note, the only unexplained experience was when my grandmother died.

My grandfather and father were alone in the house after she had passed away, and about an hour had passed when my father noticed one of the clocks in the house, it's battery was apparently dry. They checked the rest of the clocks and they all had stopped at the precisely the same time, the minute she had died.

My dad would be very much the cynic in matters like these but even he can't explain his feelings on this.