Bristol City 2-2 Newcastle United

Deano

On the back of a 7 game unbeaten run in which we have picked up 4 from the last 6 points available on the road, we go into a crucial 3 game period starting with a trip to Ashton gate thmora followed by Doncaster away and the BIG one Forest at St James.

With WBA @ home to PNE and Forest @ home to Peterborough we make the trip to Bristol knowing that 3 points is a must and should we get maximum points we could further extend our lead over the chasing two!

Danny Simspon is carrying a knock but should be ok, Lovenkrands picked up a calf injury and is 'officially' a doubt, Smith will have a late fitness test while Routlegde, Coloccini and Enrique all came through our last game with no adverse reactions.

Barton and Ameobi are back training with former getting some reserve team action recently he could make the squad but whether he will remains to be seen.

Williamson and Taylor are still out for a month.

Likely line-up...

---Harper---

---Simpson---Hall---Coloccini---Enrique---

---Routlegde---Guthrie---Nolan---Gutierrez---

---Carroll---Best---

Should Smith recover we could see him return to the centre of our midfield with Guthrie meaning Nolan could be pushed upfront with Carroll which imo is a better option than Best but maybe this will be his chance?

Come on lads lets finish the season strong!

3-1 Carroll, Nolan and Guthrie! :lol:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should thrash them even without Lovenkrands with that lineup. I think Ranger would be better off getting a start instead of a nothing player like Best. Carroll and Ranger linked up very well when we destroyed Ipswich 4-0 and this seems like an ideal place to give him some first team playing time.

Of course, Hughton will play Best in an attempt to at least get something out of his shit purchase, but I think we will still win.

We should thrash them even without Lovenkrands with that lineup. I think Ranger would be better off getting a start instead of a nothing player like Best. Carroll and Ranger linked up very well when we destroyed Ipswich 4-0 and this seems like an ideal place to give him some first team playing time.

Of course, Hughton will play Best in an attempt to at least get something out of his shit purchase, but I think we will still win.

Exactly my thoughts.

Best is shit but i guess he does need time on the pitch if he is to improve. In his favour he has scored 11 goals in a shit Coventry team so he must have something we just havnt seen ANYTHING from him at all.

Ranger would be my choice but CH will either go for Best or Nolan upfront with Carroll...this is all presuming that Lovenkrands wont make it.

If he was to play Nolan up top and Smith isnt fit then why not give Barton a go with Guthrie in the middle?

Far to soon for Barton like.

Maybe, Maybe not...3 reserve games, granted not a full 90 mins under his belt but i wouldnt give him 90mins thmora if he started anyways...give him an hour or half an hour off the bench.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

I think we will get a strong 3-0 win tomorrow. Not too happy about Best playing ( if he does ) hoped we would of seen a bit more from him to be honest. Would like to see Ranger get a start.

I think thats a bit harsh on Best. Yes he hasn't provided much so far and does seem like a desparation signing, but probably deserves a bit longer for a fair judgement.

Should be a solid 2-0 win though, their loss of manager can only help our cause.

Edited by NUFC_Mag

I think thats a bit harsh on Best. Yes he hasn't provided much so far and does seem like a desparation signing, but probably deserves a bit longer for a fair judgement.

Should be a solid 2-0 win though, their loss of manager can only help our cause.

Very few players adapt and hit the ground running when moving to a new team but that is no excuse...he looks like he works hard but has showed nothing in the way of quality for anyone to think he could be a good signing.

Does anyone know if the stadium is near the city or the airport?

the ground is about a 25 minute walk from the city centre, but there a few good pubs near by on north street and closer to the ground.

If your coming from the airport, if you get the shuttle bus it will take you to the city centre unless you get off in bedminster which is closer. I'm headin to a pub called th nova scosha with a few Bristol city fans as it's pretty neutral there apparently and closeish to the ground until

I find where all the away fans coming down are

the ground is about a 25 minute walk from the city centre, but there a few good pubs near by on north street and closer to the ground.

If your coming from the airport, if you get the shuttle bus it will take you to the city centre unless you get off in bedminster which is closer. I'm headin to a pub called th nova scosha with a few Bristol city fans as it's pretty neutral there apparently and closeish to the ground until

The Shuttle bus actually takes you right past the ground.

does it? My bad if it does, every time I've got it it comes down west street in bedminster and to temple

meads train station. If you get off when you first get on

to west street it's about a 5 minute walk to the ground (you'll

be able to see it as it's all downhill).

does it? My bad if it does, every time I've got it it comes down west street in bedminster and to temple

meads train station. If you get off when you first get on

to west street it's about a 5 minute walk to the ground (you'll

be able to see it as it's all downhill).

cheers lads. Currently enjoying a creamy airport guinness. Also have recently Spotted that I've forgot my glasses, so I'll be seeing fuck all of the game!

Edited by Barney

---Harper---

---Simpson---Hall---Coloccini---Enrique---

---Routlegde---Guthrie---Nolan---Gutierrez---

---Carroll---Best---

3-1 Carroll, Nolan and Guthrie! :lol:

The bench looks like...

Krul, Raylor, Butt, Ranger, Kadar, Pancrate and Donaldson.

Team is as predicted...hope i get the score and scorers right!! :D