Comic Evans breaks crowd record

Sicklee Sausage Roll

Comedian Lee Evans has set a world record for a solo act performing to the biggest comedy audience.

"When I started out 20 years ago I could never have imagined that I would be selling out more nights at Wembley than Coldplay," said Evans.

Considering the members of Coldplay weren't out of short trousers, never mind forming the band, I'm not surprised. Stupid twunt.

Lee Evans is like Phil Cool's less funny little brother.  If it's possible to be less funny than Phil Cool that is.

58395[/snapback]

:rolleyes: That's the only time I've ever laughed at either of them.

Any comedian who consistently has the term "rubber-faced/limbed" preceding his name is not going to be funny. I don't find people pulling funny faces or bending their legs in a strange fashion funny, as a rule. Oh and Lee, talk in your proper fucking voice instead of that breathless squeaky whine, you cocknose.

What a surprise, someones popularity is confirmed so everyone hates him.

58412[/snapback]

Jesus wept. I've never found the bloke funny. Is that ok with you?

58416[/snapback]

I'd just like to point out that I'm the same and I've never liked Ross Noble either.

58412[/snapback]

58416[/snapback]

Christ on a bike, are you on the rag?

58444[/snapback]

Do you like Lee Evans btw? :rolleyes:

58412[/snapback]

58416[/snapback]

58444[/snapback]

Do you like Lee Evans btw? ;)

58445[/snapback]

He's alreet.

"Where you from? Where you from? Where you from? My kind of town!" :rolleyes:

58412[/snapback]

58416[/snapback]

58444[/snapback]

Do you like Lee Evans btw? ;)

58445[/snapback]

He's alreet.

"Where you from? Where you from? Where you from? My kind of town!" :rolleyes:

58447[/snapback]

Thought so. :blink: I know what you mean about people saying stuff is crap as soon as it gets popular like. Although given the taste of the general public, it's isn't that bad a yardstick.

58412[/snapback]

58416[/snapback]

I'd just like to point out that I'm the same and I've never liked Ross Noble either.

58419[/snapback]

He's a legend!

I've never liked him (would never EVER get tired of hitting him in the face with a brick) but anything remotely funny he comes with always seems to get draaagggggeeedddddd out until it's about as funny as cancer.

58412[/snapback]

58416[/snapback]

58419[/snapback]

He's a legend!

58449[/snapback]

It's all down to taste like but you bandy that phrase about far too much IMO. You had Jeremy Kyle down as a legend :rolleyes:

58412[/snapback]

58416[/snapback]

58444[/snapback]

I maybe shouldn't have taken you seriously. After all, you find Lee Evans funny. :rolleyes:

I maybe shouldn't have taken you seriously.  After all, you find Lee Evans funny. :rolleyes:

58453[/snapback]

Exactly. A man squeeking as he parts his hair is the peak of comedy as far as I'm concerned.

I was making a serious point (not against anyone in particular - I purposely quoted no-one) and Alex followed it up. All of a sudden I'm a cunt for liking Coldplay, Greenday, Little Britain, Queen, The Darkness, Jackass etc. I'd be more of a twat if I decided they were shit all of a sudden. I'm thinking of the Darkness thread here where people said "I loved the first album but got sick of it". Well I love beer. It quite often makes me sick, but there's a reason I like it in the first place and that's why I go back, even if I got sick.

I maybe shouldn't have taken you seriously.  After all, you find Lee Evans funny. ;)

58453[/snapback]

Exactly. A man squeeking as he parts his hair is the peak of comedy as far as I'm concerned.

I was making a serious point (not against anyone in particular - I purposely quoted no-one) and Alex followed it up. All of a sudden I'm a cunt for liking Coldplay, Greenday, Little Britain, Queen, The Darkness, Jackass etc. I'd be more of a twat if I decided they were shit all of a sudden. I'm thinking of the Darkness thread here where people said "I loved the first album but got sick of it". Well I love beer. It quite often makes me sick, but there's a reason I like it in the first place and that's why I go back, even if I got sick.

58456[/snapback]

I take your point actually. I like Coldplay and am subjected to ridicule for it, and I thought Jackass The Movie was hilarious. The Darkness, however, were always shite. :rolleyes:

58412[/snapback]

58416[/snapback]

58419[/snapback]

He's a legend!

58449[/snapback]

It's all down to taste like but you bandy that phrase about far too much IMO. You had Jeremy Kyle down as a legend :rolleyes:

58451[/snapback]

Don't you dare start bashing Sir Jeremy of Kyleshire

When I've seen him interviewed and he's being himself, I find Lee Evans quite funny and a decent bloke.

However, I'd much rather smash a brick repeatedly over my cock that have to suffer his so called act.

I went to see Ross Noble the other week despite knowing very little of him (a few guest spots on Have I Got News For You or whatever being my only experience of him) and he was excellent.

I went to see Ross Noble the other week despite knowing very little of him (a few guest spots on Have I Got News For You or whatever being my only experience of him) and he was excellent.

58461[/snapback]

He manages to be very funny without having a set act. Some comedians will go on tour and use the same jokes every night but you know with Noble it's completely original and unplanned.

It seemed like that but you can never tell just seeing someone one night.

He took the piss out of the makems in the audience though which makes him a top man in my books though.

58467[/snapback]

From what I've seen I think he does a LOT of it off the cuff. Al Murray is canny and would like you to think he's clever enough to come up with the stuff he does spontaneously, but he basically goes round audience members until he gets an 'in' to his material. Ross Noble will go on for ages very specifically about a bit of cheese that got thrown on stage. He obviously has material, but it always takes second place to his train of thought which he'll follow to whatever conclusion. A very funny man.