'BBQ Summer' predicted

Sonatine

'BBQ Summer' predicted

Remember when the met office said last summer was set to be one for BBQs?

It ended up being wet, windy and wild, then came the big Freeze which had been billed as a mild winter.

The government's forecasters have not been with it lately it seems.

But now a small firm of forecasters from Wales, called Positive Weather Solutions, who've correctly predicted the wet and the cold, are saying this summer will be the hottest on record.

They say average temperatures in June, July and August will beat even those of the 1976 heatwave when stand pipes and drought became a feature of daily life.

As a nation we're famous for talking about the weather and with the mercury set to soar beyond 38 degrees , lets hope this summer is becomes a hot topic of conversation.

Summer 2010

June 2010

June starts with some reasonably fine weather, and with several days worth of pleasant sunshine, it will feel warm. The pattern through June is unlikely to be all that stable, so expect some rain as we pass through mid-month, although again, there will be some pleasant sunshine from time to time, keeping temperatures on the warm to possibly very warm side. Whereas we can expect some further fine conditions before June is out, there will be some rain around, some of it heavy, so there will be no clear stretch of stable weather as we enter July. June will on be a warmer than average month.

July 2010

July too starts on an unsettled note, with some rain around, but Summer will emerge, and we can expect some decent drier spells and some warm to very warm temperatures. Through mid-month, there may well be a continuation of the warm, settled weather, good spells of sunshine with just light winds, but towards the end of July things will breakdown a little, with thunderstorms developing,. possibly leading to some flash flooding. It will begin to feel humid too by late month, so expect the thunderstorms to rumble on a while. July will reflect a warmer than average month.

August 2010

August starts unsettled too with some thunderstorm activity, but this will break, and some more fine weather will emerge, and with some lovely unbroken sunshine, we may well see some record temperatures. Towards mid month, there will still be some pleasant weather around with long spells of sunshine, but this will be broken up with periods of unsettled weather. It will remain warm through the middle part of August. The latter part of the month again sees some good weather, but this will be short lived, as more showery and cooler conditions move in. August will reflect a warmer than average month.

Jonathan Powell

Senior Weather Forecaster

Positive Weather Solutions

Tuesday March 23rd 2010

:icon_lol:

Didn't they say this last year at around the same time, i.e. when B&Q start selling garden furniture etc.?

The Met Office.... sponsored by Homebase :icon_lol:

Normally good weather in a world cup year. :icon_lol:

My birthday is the start of June my take the first week of the group games off... see what the woman says. :icon_lol:

and me! I think of my poor son too trudging around in the sweltering heat with a heavy bag :icon_lol: (postman)

We also have to trudge around with sweaty bags and you dont hear us complaining!

Bring it on!

< --- Sells Air conditioning

Don't those who sell air conditioning tend to sell heating solutions too? :icon_lol:

Well, modern a/c heats as well but most associate it to cooling so hot summers tend to still bring more business in.

Didn't they say this last year at around the same time, i.e. when B&Q start selling garden furniture etc.?

The Met Office.... sponsored by Homebase ;)

A sinister conspiracy, though the grovelling apologies from the Met Office a few months after getting it badly wrong have been quite amusing. Not enough to make up for crap weather, but still.

I'd trust Smooth Jimmy Apollo to get a weather forecast right than the Met Office's 'experts'. His 52% strike rate has to be better than the Mets.

Had the first BBQ of the year on Sunday just gone. Started about 14:00 and was warm enough to be outside until about 19:00, we had to move indoors then, but all round perfect BBQ weather, warm without too much of a breeze.