Joey Barton interview

Asprilla

Guest Barrack Road

What a load of wank. When he's had two or three years of keeping his nose clean (something which he's never had) then perhaps he'll deserve something approaching normal treatment. We've heard all this bollocks before going on about his nana with Gabby Logan, two weeks later he's battering bindippers. "You know me well I'm a normal person", I know people who like a fight, but I don't know anyone who puts cigarettes out in peoples eyes. What he should do is just pipe down, keep a media silence, and let his football do the talking. Sick of hearing his scouse voice.

Talk is cheap and lies are expensive...

We've had this soon many times before I think this latest crusade in fiction will fall on deaf ears. He's a total sob story and there's only so much talking a man can do before he needs to act.

I'm behind him as a Newcastle player but he has a lot of work to do,

Obviously talk is cheap.

And even more so coming from him!!

Been down this road before with Barton, hopefully he'll be wasting someone else's time a few months from now.

What a load of wank. When he's had two or three years of keeping his nose clean (something which he's never had) then perhaps he'll deserve something approaching normal treatment. We've heard all this bollocks before going on about his nana with Gabby Logan, two weeks later he's battering bindippers. "You know me well I'm a normal person", I know people who like a fight, but I don't know anyone who puts cigarettes out in peoples eyes. What he should do is just pipe down, keep a media silence, and let his football do the talking. Sick of hearing his scouse voice.

This x10.

• 2 weeks later...
“Nobody has gone big-time here as if the league has been won at any stage.

“When we’ve needed real men we’ve had it.

“When we’ve had to rise to the occasion we have done and that’s what we have to do in the remaining fixtures.”

“This is still a hungry side that is still hurting and we’re just keen to put it right.”

“We have a target on our backs because we are Newcastle United. We are the so-called big club in the league. But we are still sitting top of the league and the thing that pleases me is the attitude of the camp.”

“You can’t really single out anybody. Chris is obviously the main figure, but there are a lot of people in the background too. Colin Calderwood, Paul Barron, Alan Thompson the reserve coach and a great group of lads. We’ve got a great squad.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...703-26155089/2/

I think I hate Barton's interviews more than Taylor's.

There should be a rule that you can't do an interview unless you've played 10 games in either the current or previous season.

What a wanker. How many times will he witter on about how he's changed, how he is a normal person deep down, and how he'll strive for the team? It's all bollocks as all he is interested in is himself, and could give a shit about whichever team pays him.

Scouse twat.

He gave up drink after the assault in December 2007 and has been keeping his nose clean.

He gave up drink after the assault in December 2007 and has been keeping his nose clean.

you always seem to have a lot to say in bartons defence

may I ask why you seem to like him so much?

you always seem to have a lot to say in bartons defence

may I ask why you seem to like him so much?

I went to Uni in Manchester so saw him play a lot at City.

• 8 years later...