Newcastle United vs Nottingham Forest

Deano

Fucking aces.

I've loved this season tbh. :angry:

So have I...and for me thats the best we've played all season.

And we all slate fuck out of Shola when he's shit so tonight when he's scored one (belter) and set another one up with a cute backheel its only right he should be singled out for praise....well done old son...with us in bad times and good :D

He might be a spastic, but he's our spastic. :icon_lol:

:sweat:

Spastic Fantastic tonight :angry: :angry:

Jose-Enrique_2437024.jpg

This picture makes me happy, it's good to see some proper team spirit back in the team!

:angry: :angry:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was truly a quality moment. Reward for the hard work the team has put in over the season. Only fitting that many people's player of the season was the one to score the goal.

Surprisingly, take Ameobi out of the match and it's a 0-0 draw. He may oft look like a donkey, but if he's our donkey who can carry a load when required then give him a nice patch of grass to graze on.

/worst simile/analogy ever

That was truly a quality moment. Reward for the hard work the team has put in over the season. Only fitting that many people's player of the season was the one to score the goal.

Surprisingly, take Ameobi out of the match and it's a 0-0 draw. He may oft look like a donkey, but if he's our donkey who can carry a load when required then give him a nice patch of grass to graze on.

Didn't look all that rusty either, nice turn of pace for the goal.

Thoughts.

Jonas is still no good.

Well taken goal by Shola

Collocinis delight at Sholas goal

Delighted for Enrique and over the moon at his genuine reaction to the goal.

Loved the Junior school "pile on"

Nice to see Ashley so genuinely excited with the goals / result

As above for Jumping Hughton

Thought Hughtons after match interview was excellent and had tones of early Keegan about it.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Not a great performance but a good one, we knew Forest were going to come at us and they stopped us playin alot of the time with their pressing of the ball. But once again our never say die attitude and belief won us the game along with a few inspired performances second half.

Massive win tonight and it all could be done an dusted come this time next week, although not mathmatically correct imho i think we are up now. Now its a question of how many points and can we win the league?

Was great to see the joy on CH's face when the goals went in and also the team spirit was there to see after both goals...Nice!

Harper...7 Not much to do but alert when needed.

Enrique...9 Strong, confident and composed in defence, in attack and in his goal...Definatly MOTM and our best player.

Simpson...6 Starting to see why alot dont rate him highly.

Coloccini...7 Done ok

Williamson...8 Solid and alert, few good headers and blocks. Passed out defence well.

Routledge...8 Busy, productive but in and out of games...looking like a good signing though and could do well in PL.

Gutierrez...6 Worked hard but i thought his dribbling and general play was poor tonight although their RB done a good job on him.

Guthrie...6 Went off the boil, seen alot of ball but didnt do much with it.

Nolan...8 Bossed our midfield 2nd half, drove us forward and defensively done well.

Carroll...6 First time in a while didnt look himself...think buckling his ankle was playing on his mind.....GOOD SUB CH!

Lovenkrands...7 Ran and ran and ran but didnt do anything in the way of chances.

Ameobi...7 Good goal and even better assist but overall play still poor...1st game back and all that.

Barton...Not on long but good to see him get a good reception and having a laugh on the pitch...On guthries performance tonight id start him against Peterborough.

Jose-Enrique_2437024.jpg

This picture makes me happy, it's good to see some proper team spirit back in the team!

Smiles all around at FT, great to see.

Anyone else think simpson looks like a halfcast shearer there? :D:icon_lol:

Jose-Enrique_2437024.jpg

Smiles all around at FT, great to see.

Anyone else think simpson looks like a halfcast shearer there? :sweat::angry:

:D:icon_lol::angry: :angry: :angry:

mixed race, Shirley??

When they cut to Mike Ashley celebrating in the stands I initially thought, good on him. That feeling quickly went when he turned towards Llambias and continued celebrating. Despisable bastard LLambias is. Infuriating just to look at. At once he looks like someone who would pinch money from your bank account and diddle kids, all with a smile on his face.

Anyway. Not even he can rain on my parade today. :D:icon_lol::angry: :angry:

Pleasantly surprised at how well Colo has equipped himself this season. Wasn't sure if he'd be up for the fight. He seems to have quickened his game up as well, much less frustrating to watch as he doesn't try playing it as much as he used to.

Edited by Tecato

When they cut to Mike Ashley celebrating in the stands I initially thought, good on him. That feeling quickly went when he turned towards Llambias and continued celebrating. Despisable bastard LLambias is. Infuriating just to look at. At once he looks like someone who would pinch money from your bank account and diddle kids, all with a smile on his face.

Anyway. Not even he can rain on my parade today. :D:icon_lol::angry: :angry:

I thought a very similar thing, just without the initial charitable thoughts towards Fatty. :angry:

Yeah, Guthrie didn't create a great deal but I though he did a very good job of breaking up their play in the midfield, as well as being solid in posession. Free-kicks and corners were nothing to write home about, though he did hit one sweetly. On the whole everyone in the side did their job.

Guest Barrack Road

:D:):icon_lol::):angry::)

"Hughton will take us down, he's a fuckin mug, makes wank decisions" - AYE but he deserves a chance. I'm not vindicating Ashley here, but Hughton has done nothing wrong at Newcastle, but that was a great neet at SJP, one of the best since SBR left imo, second half. No way was there 50000 there, 46-47000 would be my guess, whatever they've given it oot as.

Edited by Barrack Road

well was my first time ever going to watch a match at st james and by jesus it was absolutely awesome thought the ref was a bit of a cock at times but the main thing is we won will definetly be making an effort to go to more games in the future!!

:nufc::D:icon_lol::angry: :angry: :angry::sweat::angry: :angry: :sweat::wub::tumbleweed::nufc:

well was my first time ever going to watch a match at st james and by jesus it was absolutely awesome thought the ref was a bit of a cock at times but the main thing is we won will definetly be making an effort to go to more games in the future!!

:nufc::D:icon_lol::angry: :angry: :angry::sweat::angry: :angry: :sweat::wub::tumbleweed::nufc:

Good on ya, mate ... you've lived a dream that I'm still hoping to fulfill!

And what a game to go see!

Jose-Enrique_2437024.jpg

If I get depressed at any point today, I'll just look again at that photo.

This one ain't bad, either:

jose_585x350_702680a.jpg