Newcastle United vs Nottingham Forest

Deano

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoyed last night, especially the atmosphere which, at times, was really good I thought. Delighted for Enrique last night in particular after he got his goal. Up until then it was like shelling peas for him, it was so easy. Again.

I was saying to Matt last night. He is, imo, the best player in the league. It was said by one of the commentators last night, he's blatantly a Premiership left back.

the reason that stuck out is because, it seems to me you'd only say that about a mid-table to top half player. Not a bottom club.

Has nobody got any pictures of excited Chris hopping on the touchline. Its a shame that most of his pics seem quite dour and it would be nice to see one or two of the emotional ones.

I also watched him being interviewed on the TV local news tonight and he reminded me of someone, not sure who. My first thought were tones of Sir Bob but I could be wrong.

Coming over very confident without the God complex of Roeder and the like.

Well done with the win and the impending promotion. Your lot clearly will be deserved winners. Although a lot will say you should be with your team and the amount of money it cost to amount it, you still have to pick up points over the season and this is a hard league for any team.

Even though I thought Forest played the better stuff there was a horrible sense of inevitabilty about your goal. You could tell that your players had that extra push in them that ours haven't. Unfortunatly we havn't had the fortune of being able to rotate recently and that is what seemed to be the cause of our demise.

I was disapointed with Jonas, however I was listening to Geordie radio while watching the game in the away end, and your commentators didnt seem suprised by his performance. He made Perch look world class! Routledge was good though as were your centre backs. I would say a top striker is your prioroty? Im not sure who will get you the 10-15 goals you need to stay up.

Anyway, Im glad your going back to the Prem and I just hope to see you there next year.

Oh and what a cracking view from the away end, not only of the pitch but of the whole city. What a ground! Just a shame you couldnt have made more noise! :D

And can I ask that you don't judge all Forest fans on that one long-winded post!

Even though I thought it was quite funny, I dont really agree. You evidently are a big club.

But when it comes to comparing our attendances, it just isnt worth it. For a start we are a 2 club city with a relatviley small population around the city.

I think its safe to say we are two fairly big clubs that probably both think we're a bit bigger than we actually are!

rewatching the highlights on the Beeb I noticed how many times our midfield/forwards out muscled Forest to reclaim the ball intheir half

We'll need a lot of that next season

Even though I thought Forest played the better stuff

I didnt. You played some decent stuff but you had 3 good moves in which the quality of the football was no better than the stuff we produced at our best. We had about 10 good moves.

So on balance whilst looking good for periods of the game, it wasnt better than what we produced and there was less of it overall. This is bourne out by the stats too.

2-1 would have been a fair result and a better reflection of how you played i.e. didnt play well enough to get a draw.

EDIT - 4 good moves, forgot Blackstock's miss.

Edited by ChezGiven

Guest Barrack Road
And can I ask that you don't judge all Forest fans on that one long-winded post!

Even though I thought it was quite funny, I dont really agree. You evidently are a big club.

But when it comes to comparing our attendances, it just isnt worth it. For a start we are a 2 club city with a relatviley small population around the city.

I think its safe to say we are two fairly big clubs that probably both think we're a bit bigger than we actually are!

We don't though that's the thing. It's a myth. Support wise we're easily the biggest club outside the top four, and on that basis we're the biggest club outside the top four, it's hard to argue with, but no one here actually THINKS WE ARE the biggest club outside the top four at this moment in time. On the pitch we are light years behind Spurs when the opposite was true 6 or 7 years ago.

We don't though that's the thing. It's a myth. Support wise we're easily the biggest club outside the top four, and on that basis we're the biggest club outside the top four, it's hard to argue with, but no one here actually THINKS WE ARE the biggest club outside the top four at this moment in time. On the pitch we are light years behind Spurs when the opposite was true 6 or 7 years ago.

Nicely put Stevie. :D

From @GeorgeCaulkin on Twitter: You know Jose Enrique dedicated his 1st #Nufc goal to his wife the other night? Aah. Well apparently he isn't married!

What's that all about??

Maybe he's been with his girlfriend so long that he refers to her as 'the wife'. Either that or the term 'wifey' got lost in translation :D

From @GeorgeCaulkin on Twitter: You know Jose Enrique dedicated his 1st #Nufc goal to his wife the other night? Aah. Well apparently he isn't married!

What's that all about??

Maybe he's been with his girlfriend so long that he refers to her as 'the wife'. Either that or the term 'wifey' got lost in translation :D

As in French, wife and woman are interchangeable in Spanish. Femme (fr) or Mujer (sp) can mean both.

What's that all about??

Maybe he's been with his girlfriend so long that he refers to her as 'the wife'. Either that or the term 'wifey' got lost in translation :icon_lol:

As in French, wife and woman are interchangeable in Spanish. Femme (fr) or Mujer (sp) can mean both.

Ah, yes of course :D I guess it really was lost in translation :angry:

I cant understand why the media companies dont make this sort of thing available to download for a fee just like you can with music.

Surely it wouldnt effect live viewing figures and many people might want to save games these days.