What would you do if..

JawD

NUFC went into liquidation ?

Who, if anyone, would you support?

It'd be a fair bet that an off-shoot would spring up and many would support that. Some might stick to their locals etc.

Me? I reckon I'd drift away from Football and follow the Falcons. IF things got that bad and it did happen, I reckon Id lose faith in football as a whole.

NUFC went into liquidation ?

Who, if anyone, would you support?

It'd be a fair bet that an off-shoot would spring up and many would support that. Some might stick to their locals etc.

Me? I reckon I'd drift away from Football and follow the Falcons. IF things got that bad and it did happen, I reckon Id lose faith in football as a whole.

I suppose I'd end up like my dad, the man loves football but doesnt actually support anyone

set up a random number generator 1-20 and pick whichever PL team is in whatever league position at the time ;)

Start the offshoot and make myself captain!!

In all seriousness its a good question, something id not thought of tbh...Probably like JawD turn my back on football altogether or follow Blyth Spartans.

No way on earth could i be a fully fledged fan of any other top side!!

Saying that i could probably turn my back on english football and follow Ajax, Juve or Barca!

If we were liquidated and no more then the club would start again from scratch, its worth remembering that a Football Club United of Newcastle under those circumstances would not be the same as FCUM are in that they would be the one and only Newcastle. Under that logic we'd probably still be called NUFC.

Thats the club I would support NUFC is NUFC regardless of if there was a break sometime, even if it took a year or so to be setup it wouldnt matter, from that moment on they would be my team.

If however FCUN was created as a protest like FCUM was then I couldnt do it, no matter how solid my reasons for protest, I couldnt walk away fully and take up another team, Id boycott* yes but NUFC would still be my team, the one I followed and cared about.

*When I say boycott I mean not bother going to matches while we were in the shit league and then when we looked like being promoted Id change my whole stance and decide whatever I was protesting about wasnt really the case and it was actually a good thing and be back in time for Premiership football ;) )

If we were liquidated and no more then the club would start again from scratch, its worth remembering that a Football Club United of Newcastle under those circumstances would not be the same as FCUM are in that they would be the one and only Newcastle. Under that logic we'd probably still be called NUFC.

Thats the club I would support NUFC is NUFC regardless of if there was a break sometime, even if it took a year or so to be setup it wouldnt matter, from that moment on they would be my team.

If however FCUN was created as a protest like FCUM was then I couldnt do it, no matter how solid my reasons for protest, I couldnt walk away fully and take up another team, Id boycott* yes but NUFC would still be my team, the one I followed and cared about.

When I say boycott I mean not bother going to matches while we were in the shit league and then when we looked like being promoted Id change my whole stance and decide whatever I was protesting about wasnt really the case and it was actually a good thing and be back in time for Premiership football ;) )

:icon_lol:

Bomb dropped- stands back and waits for aftermath.

You could all support the Mighty Torquay United with me! Its alittle like supporting Newcastle....lots of ups and downs, nail biting season finishes, bizarre happenings in the boardroom but never a dull moment! ;)