Glitter to face death by firing squad?

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Two girls, one aged 12, told authorities they had sex with former rock star Gary Glitter at his home in Vietnam, police said.

Glitter, 61, was detained by immigration officials on Saturday at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City while trying to board a flight for Bangkok.

He was later turned over to provincial police in southern Ba Ria-Vung Tau, police and immigration officials said.

Police had been searching for the former rocker, whose real name is Paul Gadd, since he fled his rented home in Vung Tau on November 12 amid allegations that he committed indecent acts with a minor.

Glitter, who rose to fame with a glam rock act in the 1970s, is perhaps best known for Rock and Roll (Part 2), which is still frequently played at sporting events.

He has not been charged with any crime but remains in custody at a jail outside the coastal city, police said.

Vung Tau police said they were continuing to investigate the case and will be questioning him further. A British consulate official said Glitter was given access to consular officials on Sunday and was seeking a lawyer.

In Vung Tau, a police officer said the two girls, aged 12 and 18, claimed in interviews with police that they had gone to Glitter's home and had sex with him there. There were conflicting reports that the second girl had not yet turned 18.

Under Vietnamese law, sexual contact with a minor carries varying degrees of penalties, depending on the charge.

"Obscene acts with a child" can get up to 12 years in prison while child rape carries the maximum penalty of death before a firing squad.

Come on come on

Come on come on

Come on come on come on

BANG BANG

;)

58633[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

He's been stitched up by Alvin Stardust tbh.

Opportunities for word plays on 'stitched up' folks.......

Can you imagine it though. I'd want Alvin Stardust at the identity parade if I was Glitter. Vietnamese Witness: " I just don't know. They all look the same to me!"

I've got one of those DAB radios for the car. It's got a voice activation feature. When I want dance music, i say, "dance", and it plays dance music. When I want rock music I say, "rock" and it plays rock music. The other day a bunch of bairns ran in front of my car as I was driving home. "Fucking Kids" I shouted, and Gary Glitter started playing...

How did the fucker end up in 'nam?

Wasn't he arrested by the met and locked up in blighty?

58786[/snapback]

Some loony lefty judge must've sent him there for rehabilatation.

58789[/snapback]

Excellent, that would be like sending a smack freak to Edinburgh for rehab.

Oooo... I'm so unknowledgeable...

Why's he such a bad man??

This can't all be music-related hatred, surely???

58798[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

I think the following conversation overheard in PC World one day should explain it all...

"hey, Im having problems with my PC... Can you take a look at it please? "

"certainly sir, it'll be ready on Friday..."

"Commmmme on commmmme on, come on commmmmme on, can you do it urgently? Im the leader of the gang I am"

"Ok then, Mike take a look at this Hard Drive please...."

5 mins later.....

"emmmmm Dave? can you come and look at this a second?"

"Dorty foookin bastard!......... Is that South Lahndan police?"

I've got one of those DAB radios for the car. It's got a voice activation feature. When I want dance music, i say, "dance", and it plays dance music. When I want rock music I say, "rock" and it plays rock music. The other day a bunch of bairns ran in front of my car as I was driving home. "Fucking Kids" I shouted, and Gary Glitter started playing...

58750[/snapback]

:rolleyes:;):blink:

These last couple of years have brought more meaning to the phrase 'up the Gary Glitter'...