Posh 2-3 Newcastle

Kevin

a 3-1 win for me but not promotion, i believe that Forest will draw at Bristol and the Toon will be promoted on Monday night in front of a crowd of 48k

:D

Carroll (2) & The LØVE Machine.

:icon_lol:

Edited by Kevin

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much how I see it. I think Forrest will draw and we'll win comfortably. I saw Posh a few weeks ago and it didn't make for pretty watching. Saying that Mark Cooper has since gone and it's a much tighter unit... Still should be no worry though. I'll be waving from the Main stand if no spare ticket becomes available... :D

I hope we truly hump them in front of their own fans. Blue Brazil my foot.

after losing their in the cup and their fans giving it the big one i really hope we stuff them. the fact it was our reserves/youths seemed to pass them by.

Guest Barrack Road

If there's a nickname in English football more wank than "Posh" I'm yet to see it.

I was there the last for the last league fixture between the two sides in 1992, and there was at least 10000 toon fans that day. It was dangerously full imo, it wasn't all ticket iirc and they just let everyone in. Anyone with the promotion video look how packed the end is when Sheedy scores.

Personally I hope we don't secure promotion on Saturday, I hope we do it on Monday night so everyone can see it at home to Sheffield United.

I think it's a given we'll win the game though, Peterborough have been majorly disappointing this season, I thought the likes of Aaron McLean would prosper.

Personally I hope we don't secure promotion on Saturday, I hope we do it on Monday night so everyone can see it at home to Sheffield United.

Agreed. In front of a home crowd it would be immense.

I hope we truly hump them in front of their own fans. Blue Brazil my foot.

after losing their in the cup and their fans giving it the big one i really hope we stuff them. the fact it was our reserves/youths seemed to pass them by.

They did absolutely rape us though. I can imagine it being a pretty big deal for them regardless of how shit we played. You'd probably get the same reaction if Hull or someone beat a Man Utd team comprised of 18 year olds in the early stages of the cup.

I was there the last for the last league fixture between the two sides in 1992, and there was at least 10000 toon fans that day. It was dangerously full imo, it wasn't all ticket iirc and they just let everyone in. Anyone with the promotion video look how packed the end is when Sheedy scores.
I was standing to the far left of the terrace (right if your looking from the pitch) and actually had loads of room and wasn't packed in at all, whereas as you say right behind the goal and to the right of the terracing on the tv footage looks chocka. You can see 2 of my mates up opn the fence when Sheedy scores as well.

Oh aye, and i'd rather we secured promotion at home to Blackpool next saturday so the Sky cameras aren't there.

because...?

Oh aye, and i'd rather we secured promotion at home to Blackpool next saturday so the Sky cameras aren't there.

because...?

Because i'm sick of them moving our fixtures to try and make sure they're there to capture the moment, eg last monday night when if played on the saturday we would have had 50K in the ground.

Same with Plymouth away, switched because they thought that was when we would secure promotion.

I'd rather we did it at home, in a proper 3PM saturday kick off so that those loyal enough to support the team all season through the turnstiles can see it without Sky being there.

For them that's in the USA, the Sheffield match is online live via ESPN360.com

I'm not bothered about where we guarantee promotion. I just want us to keep winning and go up as Champions.

Agreed, I'll be really disappointed if we don't win the league - promotion is all well and good but it's kind of embarrassing if we're not going up as better than the rest of the smaller teams in the Championship.

I'm not bothered about where we guarantee promotion. I just want us to keep winning and go up as Champions.

Agreed, I'll be really disappointed if we don't win the league - promotion is all well and good but it's kind of embarrassing if we're not going up as better than the rest of the smaller teams in the Championship.

Aye- we've been top for 95% of the season. Would now be a bit shit to go up 2nd.

Since it's probably going to be the only thing we'll have to celebrate for a good while, I'll class it as a piss-up opportunity missed

I think a lot of people want us to do it at home so they can celebrate properly. Like you, I want us to clinch the title, hopefully against Ipswich so there's a real buzz in the town on that night.

but going up in second place will feel like a disappointment now, which is crackers if you consider my initial fears for us in this league.

because...?

Because i'm sick of them moving our fixtures to try and make sure they're there to capture the moment, eg last monday night when if played on the saturday we would have had 50K in the ground.

Same with Plymouth away, switched because they thought that was when we would secure promotion.

I'd rather we did it at home, in a proper 3PM saturday kick off so that those loyal enough to support the team all season through the turnstiles can see it without Sky being there.

soopafantastic

there are a lot (hell of a lot) of people who'd be there if they could who'll be desperate to see it happen on tv myself included

Looking forward to witnessing us smash the so called 'blue brazil' after they all got hard-ons after beating our youngsters last year in the cup.

Id love to see us absolutely tonk them for 5 or 6...hate evrything about the club, the place and the people plus i got family down there i detest so would be class if we hammered them.