Posh 2-3 Newcastle

Kevin

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before the goal, i was going to say that Hughton's selection choice was good. However.....

we'll still beat these though. They want their scalp before they go down, but we'll score 2.

before the goal, i was going to say that Hughton's selection choice was good. However.....

we'll still beat these though. They want their scalp before they go down, but we'll score 2.

You seem so confident :D

Will we?

Today was not the day to be messing around with team selection. I heard Hughton say comments along the lines of not bringing the champagne down to the match this afternoon but his team suggests otherwise. I don't care if they're bottom, we've not done the job yet and we should have gone there with our strongest possible starting 11. Our promotion is not certain until we mathematically confirm it.

Naive managerial maneuvering from Hughton which casts massive doubts once again over his abilities in the top league, if we get up.

Will we?

Today was not the day to be messing around with team selection. I heard Hughton say comments along the lines of not bringing the champagne down to the match this afternoon but his team suggests otherwise. I don't care if they're bottom, we've not done the job yet and we should have gone there with our strongest possible starting 11. Our promotion is not certain until we mathematically confirm it.

Naive managerial maneuvering from Hughton which casts massive doubts once again over his abilities in the top league, if we get up.

Investigating into the team selection a bit much, aren't you? :D

Will we?

:D

Chill.

Jesus, we could lose the next three games, and we'd still likely get autopromotion.

It's this type of reaction that gives our supporters the reputation of being too quick to react.

Edited by dbsweeney

You seem so confident :D

I know, but this is Peterbrough man. We're miles better than them. They're only in the game becaseu we've rested many of our better players, just as we did against them in the cup. If it weren't for that we'd be all over them.

We still should, although as we seem to be devoid of proper wingers; we've made life unnecessarily harder for ourselves.

Forest have equalised btw

(Even expecting a probable decent eventual result)

I hope we do have a couple of more games like this before the end of the season - it might wake people up that as it stands, we still have a shit squad and will be extremely lucky imo to stay up next year.

As long as shit like Ameobi and Pancrate are considered fringe first teamers, there remains no hope.

I'd also state that a team selection which screams of a lazy, token effort with gaining promotion at home seen as a plan B/preferable option, is indicative of the usual contempt for fans who go to away games.

We need some kind of width from the sound of things. I expect Gutierrez/Routledge to be on and Lovenkrands to come up front eventually. Hopefully that can stretch their defense a bit since it doesn't sound too strong.

Of course, this is the radio so it's all bollocks probably.