Sign in to follow this  
khay

Final Fantasy XIII

Anyone else pick this up?

Just got it on monday. Quite like it so far. I never really got into 10 or 12.

Not sure I like the idea of Autobattle though.... :icon_lol::D

I've got it, bit different from the older ones but still enjoying it.

Preferred the older battle system to this one!

Played a couple more hours yesterday. A lot better now other party members can have different roles.

Summon battles are a bitch!

I'm near the end of chapter 7 I think.

Still don't really know what's going on <_<

I'm chapter 4. Not sure about who is the Fal Ski, or Pulse shot or something.

It's a movie with some interactive bits until chapter 11 basically...and all very linear

i've never got so fed up with cutscenes in a game before but they really rip the arse out of it in this one, at the end of chap3/4 there were 5 in a row.

I've really not been that bored by them to be honest.

My only trouble with the game so far is the voiceover for the young girl. <_<

After not playing it at all since i bought it, i fired it up friday and picked up where i left off (very start of disc2)

Currently nearing the end of chapter 11 on disc 3, it's gotten better but theres a bit of a grind feel to it getting up to certain bits and realising your going to get emptied unless you spend an hour farming enemies to level up your crysteriom points, unlike VII etc there is no natural progression for the weapons, i'm still using some of the originals :/

hate all the characters apart from the wee chocobo who lives in yer mans head, the soundtrack is bloody awful too.

it is alot better from chap11 on when its a more open world and you can do the side quests etc but it's nowhere near the game of it's predecessors

Edited by Ant

I just loaded this up yesterday. I'm not sure the chapter but I've just got to the stage when you can actually choose your team if not the leader.

I just loaded this up yesterday. I'm not sure the chapter but I've just got to the stage when you can actually choose your team if not the leader.

once you can choose your team ya can normally choose the leader too, just put whoever you want in slot #1, i think anyways

it's around end of chapter 9 when that kicks in, then start of chapter 11 is when ya can do what ya want.

Yeah it was not letting me choose the Leader just yet.

Cool not far to go then, bit of a slog at the moment like you said.

Gave up playing this a while back but I started again yesterday, from the beginning. Getting through it faster this time as I'm skipping the early cutscenes. As has been said though, nowhere near as good as the earlier FFs.

Finished it the other night there, i did around the first 40 of those C'eith stone side missions before starting chapter 12.

Dunno whether this was a good idea or not it made the final two chapters ridiculously easy, the last boss especially was a joke, i got that "superstar" achievement for getting 5*'s on the 3 sections of the fight on 1st attempt.

i recommend when ya hit chapter 13 and can teleport back to gran pulse, to do it and go back and skip to misson 54 (think it's that one) where the reward is a Growth Egg, it doubles the amount of those cysterium points you get for battles, means you#'ll get stacks of them for the last chapter and frankly you need them.

You'll never kill it normally, and ya might have to retry it a few times but its worth it, you just go in with Vannille as sabatour, Hope Medic, Snow/Fang as sentinel and start casting Vanilles death spell until it sticks, the main boss dies instantly, then you've just got to slowly kill of the little adds one by one.

to max out one role (commando or something) for the last lv10 crysterium takes 750k points'ish, so it just turns the end game stuff into a massive grind to get points and money which i've swiftly got bored off.

i've nearly maxed the 3 roles lv10 for everyone, and i still don't have the money to get everyones Ultimate weapons (can barely afford one of them), and those massive dinosaur things still batter you, you need every tree maxed out not just your 3 main ones to take them on + ultimate weapons it seems.

Edited by Ant