Stage collapsed at the Carling Academy

Optimistic Nut

:rolleyes: Mental. Glad no-one was hurt. I was in there 4 days ago for the Alkaline Trio gig. Wonder if they fooked it...

Either that or Ian Browns a fat bastid.

Edited by Bizza

Balls, I'm going there tomorrow night. :rolleyes:

58848[/snapback]

who you going to see then? ( just so i can take the piss and moan about how derivative they are like)

58906[/snapback]

Says the U2 fan :blink:

;)

from NME.com:

Ian Brown show evacuated in Newcastle

Show stopped five songs in

Ian Brown's show in Newcastle was pulled last night after reported problems with the floor in the venue.

The singer was playing at the new Newcastle Carling Academy last night (November 21). Fans say that five songs into the set Brown was told by security guards that the show had to be halted.

A statement from the venue, issued to NME.COM, reads: "Ian Brown's sell-out concert at Carling Academy Newcastle was halted at 9.45pm, five songs into his set, following alleged reports to venue management of a dip in the main auditorium's sprung dance-floor, some six feet away from the front of the stage.

"The health and safety of customers, performers and crew is paramount, therefore the decision was agreed between Carling Academy Newcastle and Ian Brown's production crew that the building be evacuated for immediate assessment.

"The show was stopped on the basis of safety and at no time was there any potential danger to the public. This procedure was carried out quickly and effectively under the guidance of the Academy's security personnel. No-one was injured during the process and passed without further incident. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to thank all members of the audience for their full co-operation."

It is currently unclear as to whether the show will be rescheduled. However, customers are advised to retain their tickets.

"The show was stopped on the basis of safety and at no time was there any potential danger to the public."

If they're claiming there wasn't even any potential danger, then why evacuate? Some people need to engage their brains...

Supposed to be seeing the Coral there next week.  It's already been postponed once. ;)

59107[/snapback]

The Coral?

thats soooooooooo 2002. :rolleyes:

59110[/snapback]

I'm surprised someone of your age has even heard of them tbh. :blink:

Supposed to be seeing the Coral there next week.  It's already been postponed once. ;)

59107[/snapback]

The Coral?

59110[/snapback]

I'm surprised someone of your age has even heard of them tbh. :blink:

59113[/snapback]

the young hip kids at work used to listen to them...then they grew bored after 3 tracks of the same stuff.

Supposed to be seeing the Coral there next week.  It's already been postponed once. :blink:

59107[/snapback]

The Coral?

59110[/snapback]

I'm surprised someone of your age has even heard of them tbh. :icon_lol:

59113[/snapback]

the young hip kids at work used to listen to them...then they grew bored after 3 tracks of the same stuff.

59123[/snapback]

WooooOOoooo!! :)

Don't talk to me about samey - you like Athlete. ;)

whatever.jpg

59131[/snapback]

Im sure you could have a go at romance using the likes of "Dressed like a cow"

Well I went to a movie with a girl last night

Dressed like a cow but she looked so fine

Bought my ticket just in time

Sat right up close like she was mine

Ahhh how any girl could resist a little jiggyjiggy to that.

Balls, I'm going there tomorrow night. :rolleyes:

58848[/snapback]

who you going to see then? ( just so i can take the piss and moan about how derivative they are like)

58906[/snapback]

Teenage Fanclub.

SMO must have got a ticket if floors were collapsing due to excessive weight. No wonder his 'Lexus' keeps squeaking and creaking

59112[/snapback]

Woah woah, I'm 13 and a half stone and 6 foot tall, last time I checked I was in the right height to weight bracket, how do you explain being 12 and a half stone and only 4 foot 7"? :rolleyes:

SMO must have got a ticket if floors were collapsing due to excessive weight. No wonder his 'Lexus' keeps squeaking and creaking

59112[/snapback]

Woah woah, I'm 13 and a half stone and 6 foot tall, last time I checked I was in the right height to weight bracket, how do you explain being 12 and a half stone and only 4 foot 7"? ;)

59158[/snapback]

6' tall, yes in a pair of your lasses high heels, and as for the 13 and a half stone

:rolleyes:

59112[/snapback]

Woah woah, I'm 13 and a half stone and 6 foot tall, last time I checked I was in the right height to weight bracket, how do you explain being 12 and a half stone and only 4 foot 7"? ;)

59158[/snapback]

6' tall, yes in a pair of your lasses high heels, and as for the 13 and a half stone

:rolleyes:

59171[/snapback]

I'm just stating facts from my lofty position! My new Ikea scales are spot on!

You still keep in touch with Dennis Wise from the Dwarves Convention?