6 Points for Sunderland next year then?

Tom

Now I don't normally pay too much attention to the fortune of the mackems however I do occasionally browse a Sunderland forum as it can occasionally be really, really funny because the majority of the posters are delusional retards and they really really hate us.

However it is annoying me that they think they are going to walk all over us next season and I really doubt thats going to be the case.

The difference in squads aside, a derby is a derby and I think our lads - and future signings* - will be up for it.

They are an average team in that league and I don't fear them at all. The arrogance is unreal though considering thats the very thing they criticise us for.

*They seem to think we aren't going to sign anybody at all.

(Also I apologise for starting a Sunderland thread on here as I know it's rarely ever done it's just been grating on me because I'm an idiot)

We spanked them 4-1 and didn't have a great side. In addition they seem to be unaware of the progress of time. Who's to say that come the derby they haven't a weaker side and we haven't a stronger one? It's insane to make predictions on next years football results, let alone derby games.

We lack PL-class game-changing players, which they have in Bent and Malbranque. Jones can be a handful too.

I wouldn't fancy our chances 11 vs 11 now but I cannot see us going into next season without 1 or 2 decent strikers coming in and some long-awaited attention paid to the centre of the park.

A lot can change over the summer months.

It's amusing over on RTG with the assumed 6 points they are taking from us.

Especially considering we were nowhere near as bullish when we had Robson's side in 2001-02 and the gap in class between that team and the Sunderland side of the time is far larger than the one between the two sides now.

tbf to the mackems though, they don't even know how to spell hypocrite.

These games are always a ding dong...they could well take 6 points off us, we could take 6 off them or indeed they could be shared. Nobody fuckin knows.

We do for sure need a few new players and i use the word 'few' very losely. I think the team ethos and our new found work ethic and spirit in the camp, added to finally a bit of stability means we are infact going into the PL a better side than the one that got us relegated. Even without the players who left.

Guest Barrack Road

It's amusing over on RTG with the assumed 6 points they are taking from us.

Especially considering we were nowhere near as bullish when we had Robson's side in 2001-02 and the gap in class between that team and the Sunderland side of the time is far larger than the one between the two sides now.

tbf to the mackems though, they don't even know how to spell hypocrite.

In the hugely unlikely event they beat us at SJP next season, there'll be DVD's out, painted pictures made, mugs made (they already have 40,000 of them), interviews done in 30 years about what the feeling was like scoring a winner against the mags, every famous mackem from Ryhope to Rio being interviewed. Oh dear. They are so far beneath us its like talking about the difference between Joe Frasier and Billy Hardy, and truly it is. I EXPECT to beat them, regardless of what anyone likes to say, they live in hope of beating us.

Guest Barrack Road
These games are always a ding dong...they could well take 6 points off us, we could take 6 off them or indeed they could be shared. Nobody fuckin knows.

We do for sure need a few new players and i use the word 'few' very losely. I think the team ethos and our new found work ethic and spirit in the camp, added to finally a bit of stability means we are infact going into the PL a better side than the one that got us relegated. Even without the players who left.

Could they fuck. Never happened in my life time and never will happen in my life time. If Stevie Charlton was alive I doubt it would even happen in his lifetime.

Could they fuck. Never happened in my life time and never will happen in my life time. If Stevie Charlton was alive I doubt it would even happen in his lifetime.

They could though...mate in your lifetime has the gap in terms of squad difference between us and them ever been so big? Not this way round...NO.

They COULD but i dont think they will but it COULD happen.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Guest Barrack Road

They could though...mate in your lifetime has the gap in terms of squad difference between us and them ever been so big? Not this way round...NO.

They COULD but i dont think they will but it COULD happen.

In 1990/1991, they were much better than us. Bigger gap than now. We literally had no good players.

Brace yourselves

Started by a poster calling himself Mags stink

This is one reason we'll always be better than them even if they do beat us, deep down they know they're nothing.

It links to this thread, how neat.

Edited by Burch

Brace yourselves

This is one reason we'll always be better than them even if they do beat us, deep down they know they're nothing.

It's clear as day the majority of them are fucking seething we haven't sank like a stone <_<

There seems to be total denial on their part that they could ever be a bit arrogant or big headed. I've met my fair share of obnoxious, totally out of touch Mackems so I honestly don't know where they get this idea they're dignified and even handed. It pains them to admit it but they're just the same as us.

Brace yourselves

It's clear as day the majority of them are fucking seething we haven't sank like a stone <_<

There seems to be total denial on their part that they could ever be a bit arrogant or big headed. I've met my fair share of obnoxious, totally out of touch Mackems so I honestly don't know where they get this idea they're dignified and even handed. It pains them to admit it but they're just the same as us.

The forum is a great laugh though, it revolves around NUFC, our fans and everything that happens to us! I've seen threads about us reaching scary numbers of pages and the number of threads about us at times is unbelievable, yet they'll actually without any trace of sarcasm say we're obsessed with them! We'll give them a brief mention every now and then and an occasional thread like this based on laughing at stuff they're saying about us, but that's it.

I love how posters on there just make up some story about what a mag did, or said or how some mags at work always say/do this and then all the little kids on there have a wankfest about how deluded, arrogant and thick we all are based on stuff the original poster made up! But it makes them happy and since they clearly don't care about their own club mutch, its nice that they have us there to give them something worth being intereseted in.

And since they'll probably read this, just to let them know, we are bigger than them, always have been and always will be, even when we're a division below, and whats more deep down they know it! But that's obviously just me being a typical deluded, arrogant mag (their favourite catchphrase!) :aye:

Brace yourselves

The forum is a great laugh though, it revolves around NUFC, our fans and everything that happens to us! I've seen threads about us reaching scary numbers of pages and the number of threads about us at times is unbelievable, yet they'll actually without any trace of sarcasm say we're obsessed with them! We'll give them a brief mention every now and then and an occasional thread like this based on laughing at stuff they're saying about us, but that's it.

I love how posters on there just make up some story about what a mag did, or said or how some mags at work always say/do this and then all the little kids on there have a wankfest about how deluded, arrogant and thick we all are based on stuff the original poster made up! But it makes them happy and since they clearly don't care about their own club mutch, its nice that they have us there to give them something worth being intereseted in.

And since they'll probably read this, just to let them know, we are bigger than them, always have been and always will be, even when we're a division below, and whats more deep down they know it! But that's obviously just me being a typical deluded, arrogant mag (their favourite catchphrase!) :icon_lol:

They do touch on comedy gold at times and I think even the majority of people on RTG know that most of said threads don't have much basis in reality. "My father in law is a Mag and he says they're going to win the World Cup! LOL! How deluded!" :aye:

And as you say the number of threads about us is staggering. I can remember when we went out of the UEFA Cup to Marseille and the first half a dozen pages were nothing but threads taking the piss while almost every poster made Drogba as their avatar. I have never seen anything like that on here or on N-O.

That said I don't think RTG is a good barometer of the opinions of match going Sunderland supporters. Nowadays it's made up of kids and middle aged blokes that spend their Saturdays sitting in their two up, two down in Hylton while watching Soccer Saturday so it's no surprise that we dominate their thoughts.

Brace yourselves

And since they'll probably read this, just to let them know, we are bigger than them, always have been and always will be, even when we're a division below, and whats more deep down they know it! But that's obviously just me being a typical deluded, arrogant mag (their favourite catchphrase!) :icon_lol:

They do touch on comedy gold at times and I think even the majority of people on RTG know that most of said threads don't have much basis in reality. "My father in law is a Mag and he says they're going to win the World Cup! LOL! How deluded!" :aye:

And as you say the number of threads about us is staggering. I can remember when we went out of the UEFA Cup to Marseille and the first half a dozen pages were nothing but threads taking the piss while almost every poster made Drogba as their avatar. I have never seen anything like that on here or on N-O.

That said I don't think RTG is a good barometer of the opinions of match going Sunderland supporters. Nowadays it's made up of kids and middle aged blokes that spend their Saturdays sitting in their two up, two down in Hylton while watching Soccer Saturday so it's no surprise that we dominate their thoughts.

The Marseille one reached levels i couldn't imagine in my wildest dreams, there was about two pages of threads devoted to us, the score, our players, drogba, our fans and the match thread for OUR game into the hundreds for pages!

Then again i've seen them reach into the 30's of pages for a match thread on one of our pre-season friendlies!! To be fair you have to admire that level of devotion to NUFC, i mean on here we'd struggle to make that many pages on one of our own friendlies!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

The Marseille one reached levels i couldn't imagine in my wildest dreams, there was about two pages of threads devoted to us, the score, our players, drogba, our fans and the match thread for OUR game into the hundreds for pages!

Then again i've seen them reach into the 30's of pages for a match thread on one of our pre-season friendlies!! To be fair you have to admire that level of devotion to NUFC, i mean on here we'd struggle to make that many pages on one of our own friendlies!

Leyton Orient wasn't it?

<_<

Leyton Orient wasn't it?

<_<

I think it might have been, but it probably wasn't the only one! And that may have been the thread where somebody actually said we were obsessed with them on page 20 of a thread about our pre-season match, with no hint of irony!!

This is said without any attempt at humour or wummery but I had to drop off a fare through there on Saturday and as I was waiting at lights watching the stream of mckems heading for the Stadium it was like watching a special needs day out.

I dont know if its just the in-breeding or the number of hand me downs on display, but it was definitely a sight to behold.

Guest Barrack Road

Leyton Orient wasn't it?

<_<

You put two last eight appearances Sima on their board, THREE including Monaco. I was talking to a mackem at a wedding do on Thursday I asked him what European aways he'd been to, and he came back "whey I've been to Cork City". I don't even know how they could begin to have the cheek to abuse anything about us. Fuckin Sunderland?!?!?!?! It just beggars belief. I'd accept cheek off a club like Boro or Bolton than Sunderland when you look at how feeble their achievements have been.

Guest Barrack Road
Thought Monaco was last 16.

Chalk off a soopafan point for me <_<

Was already pencilled in. Metz was last 16 when Tino got the booking for twirling his shirt on the corner flag, which is why he was suspended against Monaco.

lads... please, remember the game when we went down with record low points and a terrible team? (much worse then newcastle now); we SHOULD have won at SJP. 2 cracking goals should have sealed it and on another day we would have won. You can't even begin to predict the results of a Tyne/Wear derby - especially one that could be a year away from now.

On papaer we would destroy them now; but who knows what waves they may be riding or what form we're in - CH may turn out to be a leader of men, bruce might crumble under the presure.

I'd be quite happy to draw 0-0 in both games and watch chelsea/liverpool stick 5/6 past them.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.ph...3#ixzz0kEuA3fu3

sums them up beautifully, the fact that they'd be happy to draw 0-0 with their giant neighbours. sad mackem bastards