MSN

Toonraider

I have the latest MSN messenger, but my friend tells me on hers she has the option to sign in hidden....i dont have this. Does anyone know why this is? Is it from an add on program? :rolleyes: She isnt sure as her daughter's boyfriend set it all up for her!

It would be a handy tool to have ;)

Edited by Toonraider

Not an add on at all. When you're at the sign-in screen, there's a drop-down option which allows you to change from "online" to "appear offline" or anything else for that matter. I use MSN 7.0 but I don't think it was available on earlier versions.

If your MSN automatically signs in when you boot up, go to:

File > Sign Out

then

File > Sign In (NOT File > Sign In as ......... )

You should be then able to change the setting as below:

msn6lr.jpg

Thank you craig!!!

I dont have msn set to automatically sign me in, but i didnt have that 'appear offline' option on my sign in screen.......honest!

But i appeared offline then signed out, when i signed back in i got that screen up you showed and was able to click 'always sign in as...appear offline'

Brilliant thanks again :rolleyes:

I *love* this feature because I always screen my contact list to see who I need to block before I show myself. :rolleyes:

Just wish you could chat whilst appearing online.. I don't know if it's possible on any add-ons but I never bother with those.

I *love* this feature because I always screen my contact list to see who I need to block before I show myself. :blink:

59164[/snapback]

So that's why you never appear to be online? :rolleyes:

;)

I *love* this feature because I always screen my contact list to see who I need to block before I show myself. :rolleyes:

Just wish you could chat whilst appearing online.. I don't know if it's possible on any add-ons but I never bother with those.

59164[/snapback]

yes i already did this, but it was annoying to be 'seen' signing in first then have to appear offline to block those i didnt feel like chatting to.......now its great to sign in hidden ;)

Havent used it for awhile but im sure on my yahoo messenger i have chatted to people whilst being 'hidden'

I *love* this feature because I always screen my contact list to see who I need to block before I show myself. ;)

59164[/snapback]

So that's why you never appear to be online? :lol:

:lol:

59175[/snapback]

Pretty much, aye. ;)

Toonraider - yes on Yahoo you can talk whilst 'invisible'.. bloody marvellous feature. ;)

I love it too. Because it means that while I'm working and not wanting to be distracted, I can be appearing offline.... but then if someone interesting/unexpected signs in, I can sign in and chat to them.

So if any of you are surprised at the frequency with which I sign it straight after you do, then be flattered! :lol: