Next season

JaMoUsE

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/ap...e-chris-hughton

Club officials estimate that promotion will increase Newcastle's income by around £50m or possibly as much as £60m, depending on attendances at St James' Park. Only around half of that will be used for player recruitment. The rest is needed to help restructure the club's finances after a testing 12 months and it is understood Ashley will take back some of the money he has loaned Newcastle this year.

Ashley and the club's managing director, Derek Llambias, believe £20m to £25m is a healthy budget for a club looking to consolidate its Premier League position.

Sports direct to increase bid for Blacks Leisure

There goes the Sky money <_<

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/ap...e-chris-hughton

Club officials estimate that promotion will increase Newcastle's income by around £50m or possibly as much as £60m, depending on attendances at St James' Park. Only around half of that will be used for player recruitment. The rest is needed to help restructure the club's finances after a testing 12 months and it is understood Ashley will take back some of the money he has loaned Newcastle this year.

Ashley and the club's managing director, Derek Llambias, believe £20m to £25m is a healthy budget for a club looking to consolidate its Premier League position.

In a normal world with other chairmen Id read that as being 20-25m available for players and would be happy.

With this lot it could mean that or it could mean £20-25m spent including wages for the season or even more possible with them it could be a total operating budget of £25m. Its very ambiguious if, there is even a shred of truth in the story.

Not sure how they can see an additional £10m depending on attendances though seeing as how we've been hitting 43k+ this season and a chunk of the ST money has already been received (and spent).

Not sure how they can see an additional £10m depending on attendances though seeing as how we've been hitting 43k+ this season and a chunk of the ST money has already been received (and spent).

This..

It just doesn't add up.

This..

It just doesn't add up.

Makes perfect sense to me. DL doesnt have a clue about the club, football, the fans or reality. I'd expect no less than this remark.

They could, in theory, sell maybe 5K more season tickets plus some corporates. Maybe a revenue of £3M from those plus a little extra on food etc. Not all of the current season tickets are on 3yrs so they will have a lot of renews, but that will be taken into account already so we're only looking at extra's. Im not sure out of how many 43K attendance are season tickets and how many are cash on the day etc.

This..

It just doesn't add up.

Makes perfect sense to me. DL doesnt have a clue about the club, football, the fans or reality. I'd expect no less than this remark.

They could, in theory, sell maybe 5K more season tickets plus some corporates. Maybe a revenue of £3M from those plus a little extra on food etc. Not all of the current season tickets are on 3yrs so they will have a lot of renews, but that will be taken into account already so we're only looking at extra's. Im not sure out of how many 43K attendance are season tickets and how many are cash on the day etc.

We are not all forgetting that Journalists have said this and not the club. <_<

The Journos all want the circus filled copy to start so be prepared for all sorts of varying stories over the coming months.

The club seem to be keeping everything in house and just getting on with landing the title.

Whether it adds up to 60m or 50m is not that important. The basic 40m is established as a minimum uplift in revenue. The figure could reach 60m according to that accountant on ssn the other day through additional tv, merchandising, ticket sales, cup runs etc.

The club (not Ashley) now has money to spend, which it didn't have before.

In other words it'll be harder for him to justify not spending on the team?

In other words it'll be harder for him to justify not spending on the team?

I may be cynical but as has already been said. How much will he expect back himself for money he has "loaned" the club? When he sets a transfer budget, what does he include in this ie Wages etc. I dont expect 100% of increased revenue to go on players, that is unreasonable, and I suppose any figures now are pure speculation by the media. I guess its wait and see. Tbf, their Jan window was pretty good. But this is a whole new game now.

One thing you can guarantee is that the quoted £15-25m transfer funds available to Hughton has absolutely nothing to do with season ticket renewals being sent out.

This..

It just doesn't add up.

Are the naming rights still trying to be sold too? or has that been shit canned?

Re: the attendance point by Pud, I think the extra revenue from being in the PL could make a big difference due to the uptake in corporate packages as they will have taken a massive nosedive when we were relegated. Who wants to take clients along to see Peterborough play?

One thing you can guarantee is that the quoted £15-25m transfer funds available to Hughton has absolutely nothing to do with season ticket renewals being sent out.

Or it could be to do with gaining promotion and then letting it be known the next day what the general plan is for next season. <_< Nah, i doubt that but why not? I'd be calling them idiots if they didnt, as long as they do intend to spend in that region then they should be letting it be known.

I know many people cant see them spending 20m but i cant see them not spending around that amount.

Re: the attendance point by Pud, I think the extra revenue from being in the PL could make a big difference due to the uptake in corporate packages as they will have taken a massive nosedive when we were relegated. Who wants to take clients along to see Peterborough play?

I was going to say that, its a massive income stream too.

Or it could be to do with gaining promotion and then letting it be known the next day what the general plan is for next season. <_< Nah, i doubt that but why not? I'd be calling them idiots if they didnt, as long as they do intend to spend in that region then they should be letting it be known.

I know many people cant see them spending 20m but i cant see them not spending around that amount.

As others have said, it'll be interesting to see if the figure includes wages or is purely about transfer fees. Needs to be the latter as we'll need to spend £10m+ just on a goalscorer imo.

As others have said, it'll be interesting to see if the figure includes wages or is purely about transfer fees. Needs to be the latter as we'll need to spend £10m+ just on a goalscorer imo.

Indeed.

Smith and Butt's wages are about what? 60k for Smith? Same for Butt? 120k is 4 well paid young players. Thats before using the additional revenue.

Indeed.

Smith and Butt's wages are about what? 60k for Smith? Same for Butt? 120k is 4 well paid young players. Thats before using the additional revenue.

Smith is here for another 2 years I think. Who'd buy him and pay him what he's on? So I'd be surprised if he left. Also, Butt got a contract extension and there's no way it'll been for what he was initially on when we signed him. The latter's out of contract come the summer though.

Indeed.

Smith is here for another 2 years I think. Who'd buy him and pay him what he's on? So I'd be surprised if he left. Also, Butt got a contract extension and there's no way it'll been for what he was initially on when we signed him. The latter's out of contract come the summer though.

Not sure being club captain goes hand in hand with a large % wage cut. He'll be one of the highest earners at the club. As for Smith, am sure Billy Davies will be looking for experienced battlers if they go up.