Lionel Messi

LeazesMag

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felt sorry for Messi. The pressure got to him, he will be back though. Moments like these make you stronger.

It did seem like he just wanted to smash in the the back of the net as a big "fuck you" to everyone banging on about him not scoring against Chelsea.

Teams are starting to wise up to how to play against Barca. 10 men on the edge of your own box cutting off their triangles, then hit them on the counter every 20 minutes. I've seen a few games this season where they get to the final 3rd and run out of ideas. Maybe time for another Ibrahimovic for them to mix it up a bit in the box for a change

People talk of Eusebio & Pele, Di Stefano etc etc but you can't go down as a great player till you score against Chelsea.

Papiss Cisse, the floor is all yours... :)

Teams are starting to wise up to how to play against Barca. 10 men on the edge of your own box cutting off their triangles, then hit them on the counter every 20 minutes. I've seen a few games this season where they get to the final 3rd and run out of ideas. Maybe time for another Ibrahimovic for them to mix it up a bit in the box for a change

Aye, I said in another thread they need a bloke that'll have a couple of cracks from range. They spent most the game last night camped out on the edge of the opponent area trying to walk it in, like you've said an Ibrahimovic type to give them that heading presence in the box would be a plus for them as they really lacked a powerful physical player last night as Chelsea bullied them. To be fair they really miss Villa but I do agree teams are starting to wise up to them, similar to Arsenal shortly after that 'invincible' season.

Aye, I said in another thread they need a bloke that'll have a couple of cracks from range. They spent most the game last night camped out on the edge of the opponent area trying to walk it in, like you've said an Ibrahimovic type to give them that heading presence in the box would be a plus for them as they really lacked a powerful physical player last night as Chelsea bullied them. To be fair they really miss Villa but I do agree teams are starting to wise up to them, similar to Arsenal shortly after that 'invincible' season.

Aye, I agree about a target man. Even to have on the bench as something different. When they were putting their corners or high crosses in i was asking why? they had nee one who seemed to be able to get in a position to stick a nut on it against the comparative brick shithouses that were the chelsea players.

Edited by ADP

Aye, I agree about a target man. Even to have on the bench as something different. When they were putting their corners or high crosses in i was asking why? they had nee one who seemed to be able to get in a position to stick a nut on it against the comparative brick shithouses that were the chelsea players.

Once they knew they weren't going to be able to slalom their way through a crowded box they looked short of ideas, as like you say anytime the ball went high into the box the 6' + Chelsea lot were massive favorites everytime over Barca's 5' 7" brigade. Chelsea knew it and challenged them to try and beat them physically in the box, watching it by about the 70th min onwards (may have been earlier) I never felt like Barca would get the goal especially as like you say they've got nothing to switch it up which was proven when Guardiola brought on a defensive midfielder to try and give them some physicality.

They probably weren't as good then, but I found Barca so much better to watch a few years ago when Ronaldinho and Eto'o were tearing teams apart. They were nowhere near as good at keeping the ball fr sure, but for the neutral it made for such a more exciting game.

This whole 'We're priveleged to see this team in action' shtick is starting to wear a bit thin for me now.

Apart from against Leverkusen none of their knock out games this year were really a joy.

I honestly think signing Fabregas hasn't done them any favours.

He's not got the right winning mentality, mainly stemming from winning absolutely fuck all when he was at Arsenal. He looks great in a team that's rolling over opposition but when it comes to games where you have to dig deep and grind out a result he goes utterly missing.

Was absolutely crap in both legs - he could've scored twice at the Stamford Bridge but fluffed two golden chances that I'd imagine the likes of Messi, Iniesta and Xavi would've buried.