Lionel Messi

LeazesMag

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CRonaldo and Messi are both insanely good in different ways so it's hard to choose who is better. Messi gets most people's vote as he plays in a much more attacking team, didn't play for ManU, or generally act like a prick at times like Ronaldo. In reality I think there is very little to choose between the two.

Rooney is a possibility, Terry isnt the best in his position imo nevermind 3rd best overall

would say Iniesta myself although its basically a toss up again like it can be between ronaldo and messi there are a fair few you could put down as the best after those two

Edited by Semimental

agearo the one for man city cant spell lol maybe balotelli er drogba torres

balotelli might THINK he is but hes nowhere near

Agueros a reasonable shout though we'll see how he does this season (id bet well)

drogba a couple of seasons back but is still a damn amazing player

Torres? TORRES?! pfft

:lol:

Amazing, even with a horde of black men around him he still manages to fly past them all.

I think that goal also highlights the main difference between Messi and Ronaldo. There's no way Ronaldo would have chased Mikel down like Messi did.

:lol:

Amazing, even with a horde of black men around him he still manages to fly past them all.

I think that goal also highlights the main difference between Messi and Ronaldo. There's no way Ronaldo would have chased Mikel down like Messi did.

That and the way it moves between his feet without the goose-stepping lollipops too. Not saying C. Ronaldo isn't immensely effective as he quite clearly is, but Messi is far more beautiful to watch imho. All about balance, centre of gravity and very slight feints rather than exaggerated Kevin Bacon can-can stuff.

The effectiveness debate can rage all it likes, but just in terms of football for sheer enjoyments sake, he is the current personification of why it's 'the beautiful game' for me.

Would be interesting to see him in the Premier League. I'd say for sure he'd spend more time out injured than he does now. There's plenty of cack defenders in England but I'd say there's definitely a more gradual decline in the quality of teams unlike Spain where there is a huge gulf.

But I believe the average team in Spain beats the average team in England just because it will be much a far more technical and a cunning team. Sure the average Englishmen will probably injure a bunch of the average Spaniards, but that's pretty much what they can do. There is a more gradual decline in England but it's because the Spanish top two teams sweeps the floor even with Man Utd and Chelsea. The rest of the Spanish teams I would say matches the English ones pretty tightly.

Would be interesting to see him in the Premier League. I'd say for sure he'd spend more time out injured than he does now. There's plenty of cack defenders in England but I'd say there's definitely a more gradual decline in the quality of teams unlike Spain where there is a huge gulf.

But I believe the average team in Spain beats the average team in England just because it will be much a far more technical and a cunning team. Sure the average Englishmen will probably injure a bunch of the average Spaniards, but that's pretty much what they can do. There is a more gradual decline in England but it's because the Spanish top two teams sweeps the floor even with Man Utd and Chelsea. The rest of the Spanish teams I would say matches the English ones pretty tightly.

Think it would be close if our top 6 played their top 6. PL just shading it imho.

Think it would be close if our top 6 played their top 6. PL just shading it imho.

True that. Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool... pretty much quality in and out, but there is a lot of shit teams in EPL that would have trouble against the shit in Spain still.

BTW that goal against Nigeria showcased absolute pants defending. Woeful stuff. Not that Messi did anything wrong, but he didn't have to do anything particularly good to breeze by them.

It's interesting to consider the differences in football in Spain and England. To say that Barcelona and real Madrid would sweep the floor with the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City is overstating it a lot. Surely they are a much better technical team, who play much more attractive football. Over a period of time there's little doubt that they would have a better record when playing those sides, but I don't think it would be that clear-cut. On top opf that I honestly believe that an upper mid-table English side would be on par or ahead of a similarly placed Spanish side, and then a lower-mid table English side would be ahead of the same in Spain. If that's not the case then English football has a lot to answer for as I'm sure the wages would be significantly higher in the English sides.

I guess the only semi-answers we will get will come from champions league meetings. Spurs got spanked away and were a little unlucky to lose at home to real Madrid last year (Gomez.Howler). Messi took a crap Arsenal to school at home, but they only managed a draw at Arsenal.