About as far past UNBELIEVABLE as it gets

Guest Barrack Road

Guest Barrack Road
Behind the joy of Monday's anticipated Tyneside promotion party lurks the unspoken fear that Newcastle United's surprisingly pleasant journey back to the Premier League could end with a horribly rude awakening. Much hinges on the answers to the following questions. Will Chris Hughton prove a strong enough manager for the top tier? Will he be replaced this summer?

Now, assuming owner Mike Ashley does not listen to the daft clamour for Keegan or Shearer, Hughton will aim high for next season. But as with any promoted club, fourth from bottom will be a success. Yet one wonders whether the Geordie Nation can handle that truth.

He's been reading Louise and reporting her rambling questions as some sort of agreed Geordie policy.

Newspapers are great at reporting on their own media led stories ("the clamour to sack wossy is growing....evidenced by the 8 more pages we've written on it today compared to yesterday"). No-one thinks for a second there's any basis in relaity.

Honestly they're cunts. I feel like grabbing them by the throat. It might sound pathetic but it's like someone telling lies about your family and everyone believes it.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barrack Road
:angry: Newspaper columnist in 'controversy raising' article shocker.

His gaffer will give him a raise for the number of hits to the Express site man!!

Surely any journalist prostituting himself to be controversial purely for the sake of it, by definition has no self respect?

His gaffer will give him a raise for the number of hits to the Express site man!!

Surely any journalist prostituting himself to be controversial purely for the sake of it, by definition has no self respect?

I can't believe you find it surprising Stevie. That's the majority of journos summed up. Most of the rest are sycophants. Look at Rod Liddle. The Sunday Times, which is one of the better papers imo, actually markets him as 'Britain's most controversial columnist' or similar. I find it incredibly tedious personally but obviously plenty mongs lap that shite up.

I'm not going to make this a personal insult to you, but I'll point a few things out before I go any further. You look like Tony Gale when he's 70 but only if he's been doing heroin for that length of time. That's one thing.

Secondly why didn't you just write I'm a mug with nothing to say? Newcastle's average gate is the largest outside the top flight by a big margin in 40 years and you have the audacity to say we're disloyal. By rights after what happened last season we should've had 20,000 every game, but we're blinded always will be. Let me ask you a question. Would you sit in a bar in Newcastle and have a conversation along the lines of what you have just written? You small depressed non-event of a man.

• Posted by: StevieNUFC • Report Comment

:angry::D:naughty::outahere::icon_lol: :icon_lol:

who was that I wonder :icon_lol:

Guest Barrack Road
I'm not going to make this a personal insult to you, but I'll point a few things out before I go any further. You look like Tony Gale when he's 70 but only if he's been doing heroin for that length of time. That's one thing.

Secondly why didn't you just write I'm a mug with nothing to say? Newcastle's average gate is the largest outside the top flight by a big margin in 40 years and you have the audacity to say we're disloyal. By rights after what happened last season we should've had 20,000 every game, but we're blinded always will be. Let me ask you a question. Would you sit in a bar in Newcastle and have a conversation along the lines of what you have just written? You small depressed non-event of a man.

:D:naughty::outahere::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

:angry: Impersonators all over the net.

Was that one "Old Leazes" you?

I know Alex you're right, but where's their professional integrity. We've come back with little fuss, the fans have largely piped down, quietly gained a degree of self respect, even mackems are saying well done, it just annoys me so much. Like I say fuck all professional dignity, utter cunts, and if I was their editor I'd sack them.

Edited by Barrack Road

What he does is takes things that have truth in them (eg doubts about Hughton) and twists them and stretches them as far as possible to suit his own agenda (who the hell has been calling for Keegan and Shearer?).

The points about crowds and our 'disloyalty' is also a prime example of this. Crowds have gone down after relegation and during a recession, stop the press! He mentions Norwich's crowds going up after relegation, while at the same time forgetting to mention that they happened to extend their ground at the same time. He also doesn't take into account the huge drop in corporate attendances, which means even when the rest of the ground has been virtually full we haven't managed a 50,000 gate. And how about mentioning the fact that out of 21 home games so far this season, only 8 have been a 3 o'clock Saturday k/o. Or the fact that every away allocation has sold out?

It's this kind of lazy, half-****d journalism that gets on my nerves.

I can't believe you find it surprising Stevie. That's the majority of journos summed up. Most of the rest are sycophants. Look at Rod Liddle. The Sunday Times, which is one of the better papers imo, actually markets him as 'Britain's most controversial columnist' or similar. I find it incredibly tedious personally but obviously plenty mongs lap that shite up.

Twitter goes in to meltdown every time Littlejohn puts pen to paper, he can't possibly believe all of the views he puts to paper as that would make him a fascist, racist, sexist fat c*nt, who repeatedly contradicts himself. Point is it gets people talking about the newspaper.

Everytime I switch on TalkSport I almost fall in to the trap of responding to the idiotic stances some of the presenters take. If they took the moral, sensible view all the time nobody would call in...

:naughty::outahere::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I know Alex you're right, but where's their professional integrity. We've come back with little fuss, the fans have largely piped down, quietly gained a degree of self respect, even mackems are saying well done, it just annoys me so much. Like I say fuck all professional dignity, utter cunts, and if I was their editor I'd sack them.

I actually find it more annoying that people take it at face value and believe it. Then again, most people aren't all that clever, are they?

Btw, did Matthew Syed ever take you up on that offer to meet up for a drink? :D

Guest Barrack Road

:naughty::outahere::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I actually find it more annoying that people take it at face value and believe it. Then again, most people aren't all that clever, are they?

Btw, did Matthew Syed ever take you up on that offer to meet up for a drink? :D

Nar, I think it would have to be orange juice anyway if you think about it.

Guest Barrack Road
He'd be taking all his meals via a straw for weeks afterwards as well.

I think that would be me, he's a black belt fifth dan or something I was reading.

Back to this someone offer me a reason why Leeds, who some regard as better supported, more famous and bigger, didn't get abused when they came down and averaged 22,000?

By Mick Dennis

Comment Speech Bubble Have your say(5)

I COULDN'T have been more wrong about Newcastle. I expected their relegation to begin a spiral of decline. Chris Hughton shoved those words down my throat.

But will the self-proclaimed Geordie Nation give Newcastle boss Hughton the credit and time to build in the Premier League?

Since celebrating their promotion commendably early in the season, some Newcastle fans have been making worrying noises on phone-ins. Nonsense about bringing back 'King Kev' Keegan or Alan Shearer as manager has started, along with tosh about Hughton not being the man to take the club to "the next level".

Newcastle were relegated by a point last May and might have stayed up but for the instability of having five managers in one campaign and the final, flawed idea of letting Shearer have a go. He delivered one win from eight games. But he is a Geordie and, as they keep telling the rest of us, Toon fans believe all Geordies are special.

The average attendance at St James' Park so far this season is 42,796, almost 14,000 more than the next highest, Derby.

That is laudable. But there are other ways of looking at the stats.

Newcastle have sold only 81 per cent of their tickets this term, despite being top or near the top since the start. Twelve per cent of their alleged supporters deserted them in the Championship. Three clubs in the division have had fewer empty seats.

Manchester City attendances were down less than three per cent the last time they were relegated. At Norwich, attendances went up when they went down from the top flight. Newcastle are a big-city club, with a big fan base. But those fans have not been especially loyal and, if they had a less deluded view of themselves, they might make a more realistic appraisal of the club.

SEARCH FOOTBALL for:

Newcastle deserve to be in the Premier League next season - but not because o f history, tradition or fallacies about the fans, but because of this season's achievements by Hughton and his players.

After taking two points from four games in October, Hughton's men reeled off seven straight wins and lost only once more in the remainder of the campaign.

Now, assuming owner Mike Ashley does not listen to the daft clamour for Keegan or Shearer, Hughton will aim high for next season. But as with any promoted club, fourth from bottom will be a success. Yet one wonders whether the Geordie Nation can handle that truth.

Utterly staggering. Any sports editor worth his salt would sack a sports writer for that. So we're disloyal despite having by a considerable margin the largest average gate outside the top flight since Man Utd in 1974. I'll never buy the Express again.

you bought the express? :angry:

0,,10794~3741853,00.jpg

Bugs Bunny looking bastard.

I'm gonna ring him up.

MICK DENNIS IS A TOTAL CUNT

I don't think anyone could possibly disagree with that, as the comments below have shown, I know for a fact people in your office would nod at their monitors at my remark.

:angry:

Read all the comments, everyone an attack :angry:

Or ignore it so it goes away.

Sound advice, but anyone who feels compelled to reply - don’t play the game. This stuff is all about generating hits, they want us to be enraged and sign up so we can comment. It’s good for the stats they wave under the noses of potential advertisers. Contact the editor instead. He’s the one who deemed Mike Dennis’s sackless rant fit for publication. He’s the one must have sat there and read what is essentially a brainless rant and thought ‘yeah that’s a well researched and intelligent contribution to the Express’s output.’

I’m not sure who the online sports editor is, but Geoff Marsh is the editor for the website and can be contacted at online editor

express contacts

Speaking of which, I hate Brian Woolnough or whatever he's called from the Star.

With Mick Dennis it's a mixture of getting a response and the fact that this oaf genuinely believes his club Norwich have a better support and it really rankles with him if, God forbid, anyone should praise a clubs fans when the club praised doesn't have someone with BBC cookery programme experience involved in the boardroom. What a plonker. Does he remember Norwich finishing third in the PL, (when football was popular!) and the club averaging 16,467? Kind of puts our 2nd division crowds in the shade, like, Mick.

Getting on to the equally smug cabbagehead, Woolnough, I remember catching that God awful show he does on SKY the day after KK had left Citeh by mutual consent. Woolnoughs brief response to the news? "Brought nothing to football, will always be known as a quitter". That was it. C U N T.

First rule of journalism:

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

You've invoked the 2nd rule. Throw in plenty cliches :angry: