Enter Luque?

Shearergol

Having been shorn of the services of Alan Shearer and Michael Owen at Chelsea on Saturday, Graeme Souness hopes to have both strikers at his disposal for next Sunday's Premiership game at Everton.

However that Goodison encounter could yet see the return of Albert Luque to the fray after a ten week absence due to injury.

And unlike his previous two appearances at St.James' Park for United, the 27 year-old Spaniard may find himself playing as a central striker - a role he was accustomed to at Deportivo - rather than in a wide left role.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been shorn of the services of Alan Shearer and Michael Owen at Chelsea on Saturday, Graeme Souness hopes to have both strikers at his disposal for next Sunday's Premiership game at Everton.

However that Goodison encounter could yet see the return of Albert Luque to the fray after a ten week absence due to injury.

And unlike his previous two appearances at St.James' Park for United, the 27 year-old Spaniard may find himself playing as a central striker - a role he was accustomed to at Deportivo - rather than in a wide left role.

:icon_lol:

58922[/snapback]

Which retard said he was signed as anything but a striker anyway? :D

58922[/snapback]

Which retard said he was signed as anything but a striker anyway? :D

59436[/snapback]

PM heading straight your way.

:angry:

58922[/snapback]

Which retard said he was signed as anything but a striker anyway? :icon_lol:

59436[/snapback]

59444[/snapback]

My trip to 'outside the ground' is being arranged as I type! :D

:angry:

58922[/snapback]

59436[/snapback]

59444[/snapback]

59446[/snapback]

Who said on the day Luque was signed that we now have a 'proper' player offering a threat down the left flank? The clue for you if you don't get it is the word proper. When we did see him for Newcastle he was selected on the left as a replcement for Robert, was he not?

I franky couldn't give a shite where he used to play for Deportivo, he was signed by Souness as a replacement for Robert. Read that carefully, just so you understand what I'm saying.

I don't have 150 family friends who have been watching him play as a striker for the last 1,000,000 years for Deportivo. Even if I did have, it wouldn't matter. Souness signed him to replace Robert, he said so at the time and that is what I've been saying.

Take your time digesting that. It's not difficult, but you'll get it if you try.

Edited by Howaythelads

:razz:

58922[/snapback]

59436[/snapback]

59444[/snapback]

59446[/snapback]

Isn't that the only place you get to? :angry:

:razz:

58922[/snapback]

59436[/snapback]

59444[/snapback]

59446[/snapback]

Who said on the day Luque was signed that we now have a 'proper' player offering a threat down the left flank? The clue for you if you don't get it is the word proper. When we did see him for Newcastle he was selected on the left as a replcement for Robert, was he not?

I franky couldn't give a shite where he used to play for Deportivo, he was signed by Souness as a replacement for Robert. Read that carefully, just so you understand what I'm saying.

I don't have 150 family friends who have been watching him play as a striker for the last 1,000,000 years for Deportivo. Even if I did have, it wouldn't matter. Souness signed him to replace Robert, he said so at the time and that is what I've been saying.

Take your time digesting that. It's not difficult, but you'll get it if you try.

59798[/snapback]

See, you've made that up (and by the way you always refuse to provide quotes shows it).

Here is what Souness actually said.

'He will bring a certain amount of goals and he will bring us a bit of width if we choose to play him wide on the left,' he said.

'He is naturally left-footed, he is a wonderful striker of the ball and he is a clever football player.

Also...

Luque is one of a series of targets upon which the Magpies have set their sights in an attempt to replace Craig Bellamy and Patrick Kluivert and find some support for skipper Alan Shearer.

Now you may claim that quotes are only for idiots (I believe they were your words), but I put it to you to prove that Souness has EVER said Luque is a replacement for Robert.

FFS man, back down for once in your life and admit you're wrong. :angry:

From what I've seen of him, Luque is more of a striker than a left winger. Having said that, I expect Souness to play him on the left as long as Shearer and Owen are both fit. I guess he will only play Luque up front if either Shearer or Owen are missing.

;)

58922[/snapback]

59436[/snapback]

59444[/snapback]

59446[/snapback]

Isn't that the only place you get to? :angry:

59799[/snapback]

It's the place you seem to keep 'offering people out'! :razz:

59798[/snapback]

And you say I make sarcastic comments? Of course you could just admit you were wrong when you said he wasn't a striker.

It's been getting a bit bitchy on here lately :icon_lol:

I've finally found 'the other forum' people on here kept refering to, jesus it's juvenile. I would hate to see this place going the same way.

Maybe i need to post more 'Nation of Islam' properganda so you can all find something you hate more than each other :D

It's been getting a bit bitchy on here lately  :angry:

I've finally found 'the other forum' people on here kept refering to, jesus it's juvenile. I would hate to see this place going the same way.

Maybe i need to post more 'Nation of Islam' properganda   so you can all find something you hate more than each other  :D

59989[/snapback]

Is that the stuff Souness gets Alan Oliver to write in the Evening Chronicle?

It's been getting a bit bitchy on here lately  :razz:

Maybe i need to post more 'Nation of Islam' properganda   so you can all find something you hate more than each other  :D

59989[/snapback]

Is that the stuff Souness gets Alan Oliver to write in the Evening Chronicle?

59991[/snapback]

It's funny, i thought i'd spelt that wrong but it did strike me as a good 'Souness' word too :angry:

Edited by ChocChip

Right, i warned you!

"About 6600 years ago, when 70% of the people were satisfied, and 30% were dissatisfied, a Mr. Yakub was born. He was born to create trouble, to break the peace, and to kill. His head was unusually large. When he was four years old, he began school. At the age of eighteen, Yakub had finished all of his nation's colleges and universities. He was known as 'the big head scientist.' Among many other things, he had learned how to breed races scientifically. This big head scientist, Mr. Yakub, began preaching in the streets of Mecca, making such hosts of converts that the authorities, increasingly concerned, finally exiled him with 59,999 followers to the isle of Patmos. Though he was a black man, Mr. Yakub, embittered toward Allah now, decided, as revenge, to create upon the earth a devil race--a bleached out, white race of people. From his studies, the big head scientist knew that black men contained two germs, black and brown. He knew that the brown germ stayed dormant as, being the lighter of the two germs, it was the weaker. Mr. Yakub, to upset the law of nature, separated the black and brown germs, and then grafted the brown germ to progressively weaker and lighter brown germs. Others, assistants, were trained by Mr. Yakub to continue with the breeding program after he died. Mr. Yakub, when he died on the island of Patmos at the age of 152, had left laws and rules for his assistants to follow. After 600 years of breeding there was nothing on the island of Patmos but these blond, pale-skinned, cold-blue-eyed devils--savages, nude and shameless; hairy, like animals, they walked on all fours and lived in trees."

Right, i warned you!

"About 6600 years ago, when 70% of the people were satisfied, and 30% were dissatisfied, a Mr. Yakub was born. He was born to create trouble, to break the peace, and to kill. His head was unusually large. When he was four years old, he began school. At the age of eighteen, Yakub had finished all of his nation's colleges and universities. He was known as 'the big head scientist.' Among many other things, he had learned how to breed races scientifically. This big head scientist, Mr. Yakub, began preaching in the streets of Mecca, making such hosts of converts that the authorities, increasingly concerned, finally exiled him with 59,999 followers to the isle of Patmos. Though he was a black man, Mr. Yakub, embittered toward Allah now, decided, as revenge, to create upon the earth a devil race--a bleached out, white race of people. From his studies, the big head scientist knew that black men contained two germs, black and brown. He knew that the brown germ stayed dormant as, being the lighter of the two germs, it was the weaker. Mr. Yakub, to upset the law of nature, separated the black and brown germs, and then grafted the brown germ to progressively weaker and lighter brown germs. Others, assistants, were trained by Mr. Yakub to continue with the breeding program after he died. Mr. Yakub, when he died on the island of Patmos at the age of 152, had left laws and rules for his assistants to follow. After 600 years of breeding there was nothing on the island of Patmos but these blond, pale-skinned, cold-blue-eyed devils--savages, nude and shameless; hairy, like animals, they walked on all fours and lived in trees."

59996[/snapback]

:D