Enter Luque?

Shearergol

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been shorn of the services of Alan Shearer and Michael Owen at Chelsea on Saturday, Graeme Souness hopes to have both strikers at his disposal for next Sunday's Premiership game at Everton.

However that Goodison encounter could yet see the return of Albert Luque to the fray after a ten week absence due to injury.

And unlike his previous two appearances at St.James' Park for United, the 27 year-old Spaniard may find himself playing as a central striker - a role he was accustomed to at Deportivo - rather than in a wide left role.

;)

58922[/snapback]

Which retard said he was signed as anything but a striker anyway? :lol:

59436[/snapback]

PM heading straight your way.

59444[/snapback]

My trip to 'outside the ground' is being arranged as I type! :lol:

59446[/snapback]

Who said on the day Luque was signed that we now have a 'proper' player offering a threat down the left flank? The clue for you if you don't get it is the word proper. When we did see him for Newcastle he was selected on the left as a replcement for Robert, was he not?

I franky couldn't give a shite where he used to play for Deportivo, he was signed by Souness as a replacement for Robert. Read that carefully, just so you understand what I'm saying.

I don't have 150 family friends who have been watching him play as a striker for the last 1,000,000 years for Deportivo. Even if I did have, it wouldn't matter. Souness signed him to replace Robert, he said so at the time and that is what I've been saying.

Take your time digesting that. It's not difficult, but you'll get it if you try.

59798[/snapback]

See, you've made that up (and by the way you always refuse to provide quotes shows it).

Here is what Souness actually said.

'He will bring a certain amount of goals and he will bring us a bit of width if we choose to play him wide on the left,' he said.

'He is naturally left-footed, he is a wonderful striker of the ball and he is a clever football player.

Also...

Luque is one of a series of targets upon which the Magpies have set their sights in an attempt to replace Craig Bellamy and Patrick Kluivert and find some support for skipper Alan Shearer.

Now you may claim that quotes are only for idiots (I believe they were your words), but I put it to you to prove that Souness has EVER said Luque is a replacement for Robert.

FFS man, back down for once in your life and admit you're wrong. ;)

59804[/snapback]

2 points, and they're important as you're lying again.

I've NEVER said quotes are for idiots, doubt you'll apologise for getting that one wrong. We talked about quotes when it was pointed out that many people had previously been posting that Jenas would be a great player ( I think ). Someone denied that, and asked for quotes to substantiate that people had taken that position. I pointed out that the notion of searching for quotes to back that up was bollocks, most of us know that people were saying those things. That's what I was saying about quotes.

Second, you posting what you call a quote is supposed to make believe this was a quote? Is that what you're saying? I don't think so. You can write whatever you like, mate, that doesn't make it a quote other than a quote from you. That doesn't prove anything to me, mate.

What I HEARD on the radio is what I've posted in other threads, the bit about a threat down the left from a proper player. It was said without any attempt to hide the dig at Robert, and to most people it will mean he was signing a player to replace Robert. If you want me to somehow pluck those past words from the radio into a written quote for you, it's fair to say I'll be struggling to do that. The reasons are obvious, but no doubt won't be to you.

If Souness was signing a player who was a striker, but for some reason he used the occasion to childishly have a dig at Robert, well that is another issue and I have no control over being misled by the manager. As I don't have the millions of links to Deportivo you claim you have, I wouldn't know. I'm going by what the manager said on the day he signed the player.

We'll see where he uses Luque over the long term, won't we? He may well start up front with players out, but the test will be where Souness selects Luque when he has an option. So far, when he has had an option, he has selected him on the left, has he not? You can answer that one if you like. Where Souness eventually, consistently uses Luque will be the proof, will it not? If Souness uses Luque most of the time as a striker when he other options, I will be ok about admitting I was wrong. I very much doubt we'll see you admitting to be wrong in the event Luque is consitently used on the left.

By the way, I always admit when I'm wrong. It's what marks me out from people like you, I have integrity. Bernard turned out better than I thought. Boumsong is turning out worse than I thought. Parker looks better than I thought, Bowyer is better than I thought and even Faye looked ok at first. I was even happy enough on the day we appointed Souness, and I said so. Is that lot good enough for you to acknowledge I admit when I'm wrong? Fuck knows where you and others get the idea I won't admit I'm wrong.

Think about it before you throw out the pathetic accusations you're so fond of when you can't argue a point properly.

Edited by Howaythelads

Quotes from the following links...

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050826/4/d6yq.html

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/trans...ual_182553.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/4165124.stm

So, obviously I'm the one lying.

As for your comments about quotes being for idiots, obviously I've paraphrased you, but I'll find the thread you said it in.

Strange how you're the only person who heard this radio interview though, or is anyone else gonna step forward?

Can we put this debate to bed before everyone gets as bored of it as I am? I say Luque is a striker, and Souness would be an idiot to play him on the left. Do we both agree on that one?

My issue is that you think this HAS to have a clear cut answer. You seem to know for a fact that Luque IS a replacement for Robert. Now I would assume you've based this on either speaking to Souness, being Souness, or knowing that the player is a left winger. Actually, you're basing it on a quote (which I've proved you've actually misheard) which states that he COULD be played on the left.

Please could you point out where I haven't argued the point properly? I've provided sources for my arguments, and told you what I'm basing my opinion on. I've done my research into the player's background, and also into what has been said about him and by him since signing for us.

In my opinion, Luque isn't a replacement for anyone, but an addition to our squad. Feel free to tell me I'm absolutely wrong though.

I showed this thread to my missus last night and pointed out that one person was in his late 20s and one person in his 50s and asked her to tell me on the basis of what's been posted, which was which....

She correctly identified Gol, but said she couldn't identify a bloke in his 50s - said there was some kid called Howaythelads stamping his feet because no-one was playing fair though :lol:

I showed this thread to my missus last night and pointed out that one person was in his late 20s and one person in his 50s and asked her to tell me on the basis of what's been posted, which was which....

She correctly identified Gol, but said she couldn't identify a bloke in his 50s - said there was some kid called Howaythelads stamping his feet because no-one was playing fair though :lol:

60881[/snapback]

Apparently my grammar is good for a five year old.

Quotes from the following links...

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050826/4/d6yq.html

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/trans...ual_182553.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/4165124.stm

So, obviously I'm the one lying.

As for your comments about quotes being for idiots, obviously I've paraphrased you, but I'll find the thread you said it in.

Strange how you're the only person who heard this radio interview though, or is anyone else gonna step forward?

Can we put this debate to bed before everyone gets as bored of it as I am? I say Luque is a striker, and Souness would be an idiot to play him on the left. Do we both agree on that one?

My issue is that you think this HAS to have a clear cut answer. You seem to know for a fact that Luque IS a replacement for Robert. Now I would assume you've based this on either speaking to Souness, being Souness, or knowing that the player is a left winger. Actually, you're basing it on a quote (which I've proved you've actually misheard) which states that he COULD be played on the left.

Please could you point out where I haven't argued the point properly? I've provided sources for my arguments, and told you what I'm basing my opinion on. I've done my research into the player's background, and also into what has been said about him and by him since signing for us.

In my opinion, Luque isn't a replacement for anyone, but an addition to our squad. Feel free to tell me I'm absolutely wrong though.

60876[/snapback]

1. You were lying about something you claimed I'd said.

2. You can produce as many links as you like, the fact remains, for those of using listening to the radio on the day Luque signed the words of Souness were pretty clear. If he's contradicted himself with other media that is hardly my fault, or is that what you're claiming.

3. About arguing your point, you've only just now provided links to support your arguments, prior to that you had produced nothing other than your own written word. Therefore, when I made the comment about you not arguing your point it was perfectly valid. Glad to see you've taken that on board and done something about it. That's commendable.

4. I think you'll have a long search for where I said quotes are for idiots. It's possible I have forgotten of course, but the only recollection I have of discussing quotes is as I described in my last post. I think the discussion was with Alex, who always asks for quotes when he is unable to debate an issue. Like you.

5. What you describe as " your issue " is actually a non-issue, not that I expect you'll believe me like. I do not know for a fact that Luque is anything other than what I heard Souness claim Luque to be when he talked about the signing on the radio. I've never said otherwise, apart from perhaps making an understandable assumption that a left sided player to replace Robert ( as Souness indicated in his interveiw ) is not the same thing as a out and out striker. Try to understand that I don't have the same access to hundreds of Deportivo fans as you claim to have. I can only go by what Souness has said. If I've made an error by believing him, then fair enough.

6. You haven't proved a thing. What you still ignore is the fact that when given an option, Souness selected Luque where everybody thought he would, on the left. Time will tell.

60881[/snapback]

Here we go. When will you grow up, man?

Have you any idea how stupid that sounds? Showing a forum thread to your missus? Bloody hell, my missus would wonder what she was married to if I involved her in anything to do with this forum. You must have a really sad life, Chayton. I feel sorry for you, man. I really do. No doubt you'll claim you made this up now you realise what a tosser it makes you seem. :lol:

BTW I'm not in my 50's.

60881[/snapback]

Here we go. When will you grow up, man?

Have you any idea how stupid that sounds? Showing a forum thread to your missus? Bloody hell, my missus would wonder what she was married to if I involved her in anything to do with this forum. You must have a really sad life, Chayton. I feel sorry for you, man. I really do. No doubt you'll claim you made this up now you realise what a tosser it makes you seem. ;)

BTW I'm not in my 50's.

60894[/snapback]

:lol:

She asked me what I was pissing myself laughing at last night - when I showed her what you were coming out with, she was cracking up as well!

She said our 3 year old doesn't even carry on like that when people disagree with her!

BTW, I suspect you're damned right - your missus WOULD wonder what the hell she was married to if you showed her how you carry on in here! ;)

I haven't got the faintest idea what Luque is like. Neither have any of my mates as they don't watch spanish football and like most people don't have any spanish family ( that they are aware of but there were all those holidays...... ). Strikes me that most people on here have no idea about him either.

So why not wait until he's had a run in the team and see what he's like?

So is Luque a left winger or a striker, then?

Luque quotes: "I have played a lot of times on the left, but also as a striker. Most of my time at Deportivo was spent on the left, but I enjoy scoring goals.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~746257,00.html

It would appear HTL is right, he is a left-winger.

60906[/snapback]

Whether he's right or wrong, he's still stamping his feet around like a 5 year old! ;)

It's an internet forum for fuck's sake - people need to chill out! :lol:

2829164_75cb363812.jpg

Form a queue...

Nee pushing, you at the back Mr Gol. Plenty to go round.

60910[/snapback]

Bramble's a defensive midfielder too apparently :lol:

2829164_75cb363812.jpg

Form a queue...

;)

60910[/snapback]

Not so fast, you seem to change your mind like the weather:

Speaking on Revisita De La Liga last week, Luque said he was bought to play left of a three pronged attack with him, Shearer and Owen and that he is a striker.

50632[/snapback]

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...pic=2357&st=186

So if he IS right, make sure you've got a geet big dollop of that pie on your plate as well sonny-jim! :lol:

Personally, knowing how crap the journalism is on .cock, I'd rather believe the radio interview where it came 'from the horse's mouth'! :lol:

2829164_75cb363812.jpg

Form a queue...

;)

60910[/snapback]

Not so fast, you seem to change your mind like the weather:

Speaking on Revisita De La Liga last week, Luque said he was bought to play left of a three pronged attack with him, Shearer and Owen and that he is a striker.

50632[/snapback]

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...pic=2357&st=186

So if he IS right, make sure you've got a geet big dollop of that pie on your plate as well sonny-jim! :lol:

Personally, knowing how crap the journalism is on .cock, I'd rather believe the radio interview where it came 'from the horse's mouth'! :lol:

60916[/snapback]

And where in that did I (me) say Luque was a striker? I didn't.

Although I'll have a bite of that pie, looks canny. That's if there is enough to go round, I hear Gol has a big appetite. ;)

PS I haven't really seen much of him to comment anyway. He seems a good player though so I look forward to seeing him play and I'm with Footsolider on this, I'll reserve my judgement until then.