GNER

Renton

Aye Citizens Advice are spot on.

They're not like.. :rolleyes:

I genuinely hate having to refer people to the CAB because most of the advisers are pretty shite.

59142[/snapback]

You'll have had more experience of them than me by the sounds of things but I've heard nothing but good things about the ones up this end.

59149[/snapback]

A lot of them are just volunteers that have done a little bit of reading up. Fair play to them for helping others out, they do mean well, but I've never once actually seen them come up with a good legal point.

Obviously I'm speaking from relatively limited experience as I only see what they have to say about one area of law..

Right, don't want to be all doom and gloom here mate, but..

2 Seasons ago, me and me Fatha flew down to Spurs, because it was cheaper to fly to Stansted, and train it from there. On the way back, our train was delayed, and we missed our flight. They couldn't offer us bugger all till the next day, which was nee good, so we made our way to Kings Cross for the last train. The walk on fare for the one way ticket, was £120. So I think the bloke was probably right.

The other thing is, due to them tickets being the cheapest ones possible, the restrictions are huge. GNER have a ticket bit on thier page, as these companies usually do to cover thier arses..

http://www.gner.co.uk/GNER/Tickets/Advance...gle+Tickets.htm

At the bottom is says: "You can only travel on the service stated on your Advance Single Ticket. After the train has departed, that ticket is void and you need to purchase a replacement.

Please remember that only non-discounted tickets can be bought on board GNER trains."

A total, total twat I know mate, but best of luck with it, and sorry for being a gloom merchant. Oh, and just to cover my arse, I'm not a GNER employee, lawyer, and I certainly don't agree with these fucking outrageous prices!

Right, don't want to be all doom and gloom here mate, but..

2 Seasons ago, me and me Fatha flew down to Spurs, because it was cheaper to fly to Stansted, and train it from there. On the way back, our train was delayed, and we missed our flight. They couldn't offer us bugger all till the next day, which was nee good, so we made our way to Kings Cross for the last train. The walk on fare for the one way ticket, was £120. So I think the bloke was probably right.

The other thing is, due to them tickets being the cheapest ones possible, the restrictions are huge. GNER have a ticket bit on thier page, as these companies usually do to cover thier arses..

http://www.gner.co.uk/GNER/Tickets/Advance...gle+Tickets.htm

At the bottom is says: "You can only travel on the service stated on your Advance Single Ticket. After the train has departed, that ticket is void and you need to purchase a replacement.

Please remember that only non-discounted tickets can be bought on board GNER trains."

A total, total twat I know mate, but best of luck with it, and sorry for being a gloom merchant. Oh, and just to cover my arse, I'm not a GNER employee, lawyer, and I certainly don't agree with these fucking outrageous prices!

59263[/snapback]

Thanks WubbleUC, that makes perfect sense and I think you're right. Short of a miraculous magnanimous gesture from GNER (ha ha) it looks like I'm shagged. I was thinking about being awkward and prolonging the process, but tbh that is probably biting my nose off to spite my face: I'm probably better just getting it over with.

Let this be a warning that GNER are complete bastids (though I'll let everyone know if they do hear my pleas of leniency).

Offer installments man. There's no way I would give them the £240 in one go unless I really had to, especially leading up to Xmas. S-O was spot on!

59348[/snapback]

And every time I send an installment I'll feel pissed off - you probably have an inkling that I can get a bit highly strung about things! Why prolong it? Anyway, I'm not as poor as I made out, I can just about afford it but it just really boils my piss!

Offer installments man. There's no way I would give them the £240 in one go unless I really had to, especially leading up to Xmas. S-O was spot on!

59348[/snapback]

And every time I send an installment I'll feel pissed off - you probably have an inkling that I can get a bit highly strung about things! Why prolong it? Anyway, I'm not as poor as I made out, I can just about afford it but it just really boils my piss!

59358[/snapback]

Will it be like in the departure lounge when you heard that Souness was the new manager? Only every month! :D

59348[/snapback]

59358[/snapback]

Will it be like in the departure lounge when you heard that Souness was the new manager? Only every month! :D

59361[/snapback]

Bastid! :icon_lol:

That was an exceptional case, hopefully never to be repeated. I'm still pissed off about it.

59348[/snapback]

59358[/snapback]

Aah, I got the impression it was going to put you on the breadline. :D

I take your point about how it will annoy you paying them back each time though. Basically though, I would be as recalcitrant as possible rather than just paying it straight back.

My mate was moving out of his flat so asked for a final electricity/gas bill from British Gas in the hope he would get a rebate from paying by direct debit. He got a bill for £20,000. How he laughed. After he had regained the ability to speak, he rang them and found out they'd miscalculated a decimnal pint or something and they actually owed him £200. :D

Edited by sweetleftpeg