Plymouth Argyle 0-2 NUFC

Barney

Just back from the game! Good work from argyle on the music and that! Buzzing still. We have won the league!

Barton was getting mobbed on the pitch for about 20 mins after the game.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a tear in me eye watching all that 'we are the champions' and pitch invasion stuff, waited far to long for a moment like that.

Tremendous scences but, and maybe it's just me, I can't compare them to what we saw at Blundell Park, Grimsby back in 1993. That was something oh so different....

Had a tear in me eye watching all that 'we are the champions' and pitch invasion stuff, waited far to long for a moment like that.

Tremendous scences but, and maybe it's just me, I can't compare them to what we saw at Blundell Park, Grimsby back in 1993. That was something oh so different....

I felt the same. Great appreciation for what they've achieved and very happy, but the night at Grimbsy and that season was in a different league to this. Where we'd been for years, Keegan, the football we played, the genuine optimism at where we were going etc. will never be repeated, but as i say the players and staff have put the effort in for us this year and it was well deserved.

I felt the same. Great appreciation for what they've achieved and very happy, but the night at Grimbsy and that season was in a different league to this. Where we'd been for years, Keegan, the football we played, the genuine optimism at where we were going etc. will never be repeated, but as i say the players and staff have put the effort in for us this year and it was well deserved.

Likewise. Respect to the players and manager for what they've achieved, but it doesn't get the blood pumping like '93 did.

Likewise. Respect to the players and manager for what they've achieved, but it doesn't get the blood pumping like '93 did.

Can only echo this. Maybe it's because I was only a kid but I think it's more likely the fact that we had been going absolutely no where after years of missmanagement under investment. This time it just feels like we have put right some of the cock ups from last year. But fair play to players and coaching staff who have made an excellent start of trying to come back from Ashley's fuck ups.

Delighted with the 3 points, delighted we have won the championship, but depressed with the miserable showing we put on.

Other than the 2 goals we were shite in the first half, couldn't string any passes together, bobbled the ball, and kept hoofing down the pitch to nobody.

Have to agree with this about the performance, though it was hardly surprising as we always play like that when Hughton sticks a central player out wide (invariably they always end up coming back in and we have no width). Jonas was missed big time. It goes to show that if we have an injury to either Jonas or Routledge our width evaporates very quickly and we don't look half the team we are when we have a winger going down each flank. To me speaks volumes of where we need to recruit. Further options out wide are an absolute necessity.

Anyway, great scenes after the match!!! Fantastic from Plymouth to accommodate our celebrations like that. A fantastic amount of support there. It was good to see the players getting involved in the celebrations, though a few of them looked a little worried ;) . Jose Enrique rightfully mobbed, looked like he was having a great time, despite virtually being sexually assaulted by a number of supporters who couldn't wait to get the shirt off his back (I'm sure one of them latched onto him like a barncale to the bottom of a ship and wasn't going to let go till he got Jose's shirt <_< .

Guest Barrack Road

Like comparing Highlander 3 with The Shawshank Redemption imo.

Still good for the younguns to see, and we've achieved our objective.

Like comparing Highlander 3 with The Shawshank Redemption imo.

Still good for the younguns to see, and we've achieved our objective.

;)

Right. What's Next?

Get the fuckers off the pitch (our fans). Fuck sake.

Ah the game's over, they're doing no harm.

Would you run on topless and stick your face into the camera? ;)

I'd cockslap it tonight :icon_lol:

<_<

:icon_lol:

Nolan just threw up on the pitch.

I think its all over my new white converse <_<

I reluctantly went on....fucks sakes the stupid pastie eating twats had just been relegated and their dj just happened to have his blaydon races cd with him?...I smell a sky job somehwere along the line there like...their lot were fuckin brilliant to us, fair play to them. And now I've looked back at the piccies I realise I was just being a miserable twat and we were fuckin mint too ;)

nufc.gif

Nolan just threw up on the pitch.

I think its all over my new white converse <_<

I reluctantly went on....fucks sakes the stupid pastie eating twats had just been relegated and their dj just happened to have his blaydon races cd with him?...I smell a sky job somehwere along the line there like...their lot were fuckin brilliant to us, fair play to them. And now I've looked back at the piccies I realise I was just being a miserable twat and we were fuckin mint too ;)

nufc.gif

What time did you arrive home?