Plymouth Argyle 0-2 NUFC

Barney

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plymouth are actually my Grandad's team. Well, they were anyway, he passed away in 2002.

Anyway, I thought the club and their fans were top class considering the circumstances. Good luck for next year.

Nolan just threw up on the pitch.

I think its all over my new white converse :icon_lol:

I reluctantly went on....fucks sakes the stupid pastie eating twats had just been relegated and their dj just happened to have his blaydon races cd with him?...I smell a sky job somehwere along the line there like...their lot were fuckin brilliant to us, fair play to them. And now I've looked back at the piccies I realise I was just being a miserable twat and we were fuckin mint too ;)

nufc.gif

I reckon John Carver is as guilty as sin! <_<

Guest Barrack Road

I tell you what if we had been relegated, and a team won the Championship followed by an away pitch invasion, with "we are the Champions" on the tannoy, you can all say what you like, but there'd be a fuckin riot. Fair play to Plymouth for showing restraint. I think it's a good thing we were relegated away last season rather than at home personally.

I tell you what if we had been relegated, and a team won the Championship followed by an away pitch invasion, with "we are the Champions" on the tannoy, you can all say what you like, but there'd be a fuckin riot. Fair play to Plymouth for showing restraint. I think it's a good thing we were relegated away last season rather than at home personally.

Aye.

Don't get me wrong there is no nice way to be relegated, but there was a certain inevitability that Plymouth were going down, they've had weeks to accept it and the anger drains away. The way we were relegated was much more raw and more likely to lead to anger as it wasn't quite as predictable.

Nevertheless it was incredibly gracious of the Plymouth fans, DJ and club.

Some nice pics here

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100420/ex...2240137_2029730

And what was the problem with Jonas?

My cousin went on the pitch to celebrate with Carrol at Doncaster and he was in court for it a week later.

This lot do it and the official website brag about what great fans we have.

It's a fucking disgrace [/bernard Manning]

Guest Barrack Road

Don't get me wrong there is no nice way to be relegated, but there was a certain inevitability that Plymouth were going down, they've had weeks to accept it and the anger drains away. The way we were relegated was much more raw and more likely to lead to anger as it wasn't quite as predictable.

We still wouldn't stand for it, and you know it. Imagine say Leeds winning the league on our pitch Marching ON Together blaring on the tannoy as they've won the league, there'd be 100 in hospital at least.

when our lot first started getting on the pitch I was like “look at those idiots, get them off the pitch , this could turn really nasty”.

Then ‘We Are The Champions’ started up and I thought the worlds gone mad because they’ve just been relegated. Good on them like, but I can understand why some of their lot weren’t happy about the show they put on for us.

Even though he didn’t take his chances I thought Leon Best looked good when he came on. And their player who was supposed to be on the post for the corner that Carroll scored from was hilarious the way he went for a stroll!

We still wouldn't stand for it, and you know it. Imagine say Leeds winning the league on our pitch Marching ON Together blaring on the tannoy as they've won the league, there'd be 100 in hospital at least.

I agree. They should a commendable level of restraint...

when our lot first started getting on the pitch I was like “look at those idiots, get them off the pitch , this could turn really nasty”.

Then ‘We Are The Champions’ started up and I thought the worlds gone mad because they’ve just been relegated. Good on them like, but I can understand why some of their lot weren’t happy about the show they put on for us.

Even though he didn’t take his chances I thought Leon Best looked good when he came on. And their player who was supposed to be on the post for the corner that Carroll scored from was hilarious the way he went for a stroll!

What are the chances of the Plymouth DJ having that, the blaydon races and local hero in his matchday cd collection? Sky handed them to him or had their own man in the booth. There was real joy among the fans, no doubt about that, but sky went a long way to "manufacutring" the scenes at the end of the game. I fuckin hate feeling that if I've been manipulated by those fuckers ;)

Edited by PaddockLad

Probably used them new-fangled mp3 thingies ;)

I reckon Craig could be right with the John Carver thing too. It would be just like Sky mind.

Thought Barton was very good last night, not amazing but that pitch looked like it tough to get the ball to sit down.

Aye, never gave the ball away much on a shocking pitch, as you say. Lovely weight on that ball to Routledge for the second goal as well.

Thought Barton was very good last night, not amazing but that pitch looked like it tough to get the ball to sit down.

Aye, never gave the ball away much on a shocking pitch, as you say. Lovely weight on that ball to Routledge for the second goal as well.

The build up to the goal was lovely too. They didn't show it in the replays, but he was very tidy just before playing the 1-2 with Guthrie.

The build up to the goal was lovely too. They didn't show it in the replays, but he was very tidy just before playing the 1-2 with Guthrie.

Yep, great build up - probably my goal of the season.

The fella in the Sky studio made mention of someone slipping the dj some Newcastle songs.

As long as the club were willing to play them then I don't see a lot wrong with that, but knowing what power Sky wield I wonder how much choice Plymouth had in the matter.

United Stars Thank Title Party Hosts

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United's stars have thanked Plymouth Argyle Football Club for their role in hosting the Toon title party.

Despite a 2-0 defeat condemning The Pilgrims to relegation from the Championship, the stadium PA still belted out a string of Geordie favourites including Local Hero and Blaydon Races as thousands of black-and-white fans celebrated on the Home Park turf alongside their heroes.

Before the game Argyle had also unfurled a banner congratulating United on their promotion, and afterwards Kevin Nolan led the offering of thanks to the south coast club.

"It would have been easy and understandable if Plymouth had just wanted to get away and let us get on with things," he said.

"But it was magnificent what they did and showed what a proper club this is.

"I'm sure the fans were grateful because I know the lads were.

"We wish them all the best for the future and hope they can make a quick return to the Championship next season."

And gaffer Chris Hughton was also quick to offer his best wishes to Paul Mariner's men.

"We must spare a thought for Plymouth because that would not have been easy to suffer relegation while another team celebrates the title," he added.

"But they were dignified and credit must go to them. We wish them the very best for next season and thank them once again for their hospitality."