Haris Vuckic

loonyTOON

" http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010...-united-starlet "

I've kept tabs on this lad since his rumoured and then move to us. imo probably the most impressive young player we have at the club. Scores goals and brings something different that at present we don't have in our 1st team. Now if Man Utd want the lad, we need to do everything possible to keep him, which will include rejecting an offer that apparently will be "too good to refuse". If the lad is that good, then we should keep him, otherwise we're going to get nowhere. Unless the offer is 20 mil plus with future incentives then tell them to stick it.

What do you think?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010...-united-starlet "

I've kept tabs on this lad since his rumoured and then move to us. imo probably the most impressive young player we have at the club. Scores goals and brings something different that at present we don't have in our 1st team. Now if Man Utd want the lad, we need to do everything possible to keep him, which will include rejecting an offer that apparently will be "too good to refuse". If the lad is that good, then we should keep him, otherwise we're going to get nowhere. Unless the offer is 20 mil plus with future incentives then tell them to stick it.

What do you think?

and you dont put something into quotes by doing " " ;):icon_lol:

Personally I'd keep him.

but that's more out of some wistful belief we'll eventual move past these false dawns and uncover an actual football player.

He scored twice for the reserves last night.

we wouldnt get a huge amount for him as he hasnt really proven anything yet so there really is no point in selling him. Would love someone like him to get a really proper run in the team next season if he continues to show potential.

Keep him.

That article is rubbish (goal.com who would have guessed) but it makes out like he started 3 games for our first team this season. I wish he didn't suffer the injuries this season as he could have properly featured or at least cameo'd in our first team. In fact in the last couple of games it might be worth at the very least including him in the 18 men and maybe popping him on late in a home game. Experiencing that first hand will surely increase his desire to stay at the club and play for the first team down the track.

But, we shouldn't get our hopes us as if a sizeable offer did come in for him (and it won't be this year) then given Ashley's track record he'd sell him in a heartbeat and write it up as good business.

My brother has see him a few times and reckons he's got tons of ability. Potentially a real class creative player... If that's the case then there's no sense in selling him now - he's totally unproven so we'd likely not get much for him. We are supposed to be building - to do that you don't sell your most promising young player in years. If Ashley sells him for 1 or 2 million to a big club that has spotted his promise that will confirm for me that he's learned nowt and is still just trying to run the club like sports direct, with no ambition regarding league success. Having said all that, the article is clearly pap so it's really a moot point at the mo.

He's 18 in not too long, so hopefully not-withstanding injury we get to see a bit of him next season.

Milner was playing the Premier League at 16, so there's no reason to discount his ability to do so on that basis alone. Like I said earlier it would be great to get him some time on the pitch at St James in front of a full stadium before the season is out, so that he can strengthen his bonds with the club, and Chris can show that he's a part of the plans for next season (which he definitely should be).

He's 18 in not too long, so hopefully not-withstanding injury we get to see a bit of him next season.

Milner was playing the Premier League at 16, so there's no reason to discount his ability to do so on that basis alone. Like I said earlier it would be great to get him some time on the pitch at St James in front of a full stadium before the season is out, so that he can strengthen his bonds with the club, and Chris can show that he's a part of the plans for next season (which he definitely should be).

He's made a couple of Cup appearances and came on in the league against Leicester so he should know he's on the cusp. Been difficult to give him more time than that this season, what with being injured for 6 months.

You're not going to get much for him anyway because he's only started one game or something for the first team so it would be daft to cash in now imo.

He's made a couple of Cup appearances and came on in the league against Leicester so he should know he's on the cusp. Been difficult to give him more time than that this season, what with being injured for 6 months.

IIRC we had a fair few injuries -v- Leicester, too.

I'd like to see him geta few more minutes over the next couple of games, and possibly loaned out next season if we aren't going to be using him. It's frustrating seeing young players on our books with ability rotting in the reserves because we can't afford to loan them out due to squad size.

This is where managers earn their corn. He sees him week in week out and has to balance silly money against potential.

If a silly offer came in and it allowed Hughton to get another one or two decent players then it's good business.

Hopefully we won't be silly enough to let him go on the cheap, however I think he still appears a bit light weight for the rigours of the prem.

The ideal scenario would be a long term contract and a loan spell in the championship.

Either way, he's an inexperienced kid who's only played one game after a 6 month lay-off. I can't agree that refusing a (purely imaginary, cloud cuckoo land) £20m offer would be a wise move at this point.

;)

Edited by Happy Face

Either way, he's an inexperienced kid who's only played one game after a 6 month lay-off. I can't agree refusing a (purely imaginary, cloud cuckoo land) £20m offer would be a wise move at this point.

:icon_lol:

Tbh, I'd think long and hard about a £15m bid. ;)

lol your assuming he'd have anything to do with keeping players when offers come in.

Ashley will be dealing with that

It will be interesting to see how this pans out during the summer. Given the commonly quoted 15 mill budget, Ashley might just let him get on with it, however the best deal might have harmed him.

It would also be interesting to know whether Hughton was infact responsible for the January dealings.

Ie was Routledge his eye for a player or someone elses.

If I was Ashley and If I was going to be commited to the club, my next appointment would be a very good football man running the operatin and possibly a dreaded director of football to help Hughton.

lol your assuming he'd have anything to do with keeping players when offers come in.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out during the summer. Given the commonly quoted 15 mill budget, Ashley might just let him get on with it, however the best deal might have harmed him.

It would also be interesting to know whether Hughton was infact responsible for the January dealings.

If I was Ashley and If I was going to be commited to the club, my next appointment would be a very good football man running the operatin and possibly a dreaded director of football to help Hughton.

What does Llambias do then?

1262771017.jpg

No-one can match Decka on the PR front.

Thing is, his feet are obviously well under the table so all this talk of getting someone else in / bringing in a DoF is pie in the sky. Might as well discuss getting Mourinho in to do the manager's job.

Fuck off back to Vegas

Fuck off back to Vegas

Or London, even. He's obviously more important than KK or Wise were as far as Ashley is concerned so that's not likely.

Newcastle attacking midfielder Haris Vuckic admits he is flattered by interest from Manchester United.

The 17-year-old Slovenian is reportedly a target for Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson,with the youngster regarded as a hot prospect for the future.

Vuckic moved to St James' Park in January last season and signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with the club.

He was linked with United before moving to the Magpies and also had a trial with AC Milan last year, but says he has had no contact of late.

"I heard the news about United wanting me, but if I'm honest, then I must confess I haven't had any contact with them. I only know what was written in the press," he told Ekipa.

"But of course I'm really flattered. It is a great honour to be associated with such a big and marvellous club.

"And yes, it is hard to say no to Alex Ferguson, who has a reputation of working very well with young players.

"But really I don't want to bother about such rumours. I'm just glad that I can play football again."

Vuckic has only made three appearances for Newcastle this term after being sidelined with knee and ankle injuries.

"I was out injured for six months and that was the hardest thing in my life," he added.

"Now I am enjoying myself again. And of course we are champions and promoted to the Premier League, so these are good days for Newcastle United.

"My only wish for now is that I could play against Ipswich Town. That would be really something after all the problems I've had."

The only way we have a chance of ever competing at the upper half (let alone top 6) of the prem is if we but talent young and nurture the players into quality footballers. We'll never be able to afford to compete with the Man City's of the world in signing established talent. So i say we should keep Vukic till he's at least 21.

Chris Hughton today revealed that wonderkid Haris Vuckic is “going nowhere” to dampen the hopes of Manchester United and Chelsea.

Chelsea scout Pop Robson was present at United’s reserve team clash with Rotherham United last night as the Stamford Bridgeclub stepped up their interest in the young Slovenian.

However, with Vuckic contracted until 2011 with United, Hughton sees him as a big part of his future plans at St James’ Park.

Vuckic has only made a handful of appearances at first-team level this season, with his campaign also dented by ankle and knee injuries.

But his rapid development behind the scenes at the club’s Benton base has left the backroom team delighted and enthusiastic about his future.

Hughton told the Chronicle: “To the contrary of what is being read or said at the moment, I can say that Haris is not going anywhere.

“Irrespective of anything that has been in the media, I can say now that the reason we have him under the contract he has is for the right reasons.

He’s rated very highly here and he is a big part of the future.

“You get used to speculation when talking about good players, but he’s a Newcastle player and will be for a long time.

“We’re aware of everything that is going on.

“But he is a player who likes it at the club and is well thought of here.

“The fact is he’s a good young player who has been injured and he is really enjoying coming back and playing for us again.”

Vuckic is wanted by Man United and Sir Alex Ferguson, but Chelsea are interested too and have watched the Slovenian teenager in the last two reserve team games. Indeed, Chelsea scout and Newcastle legend Robson has been at Whitley Park to watch Vuckic in action.

The Blues have already expressed an interest in the player after being impressed in a private game back in August.

That day, Vuckic scored two and made two in a 5-3 win as Chelsea were blown away, and it is little wonder they are keen on the big attacking midfielder/ forward.

But the two Premier League heavyweights aren’t the only two sides interested, with AC Milan and Real Madrid also long-term observers of Vuckic.

However, none of the four big guns mentioned can offer Vuckic what he wants, which is first-team football.

Vuckic has two years left under his current contract and his presence at United certainly vindicates Mike Ashley’s transfer policy, with Newcastle gazumping some of Europe’s biggest clubs for the Slovenian.

Vuckic has already publicly declared his willingness to simply concentrate on playing for the Magpies, but while United are desperate to play down the hype, he will be propelled into the shop window during the World Cup if, as mooted in his homeland, he is taken to the South Africa finals with Slovenia, who are in England’s group this summer, in a Theo Walcott-style move by boss Matjaž Kek.

Vuckic, who United signed from NK Domale in 2009, is not 18 until August but already stands at 6ft 2in and last night showed some incredible technique and touches as he helped brush aside Rotherham reserves.