Haris Vuckic

loonyTOON

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
Whats with the 5.5 year contracts?

Good idea really if you believe the player to be decent.

These days all the rumblings about will they re-sign or walk for free, start a year before the contract ends so much better to have a decent run of 3 or 4 years without all that worry or crap going on.

Good news, looked decent when I've seen him play (Chelsea & Arsenal in League Cup in particular - even though we got dicked by the gunners, he was a highlight) Now give the lad a few runs out - can't do any worse in the middle of the park than Smudger surely (and less of a red card liability)...?

Edited by angrysteve

Is it not just because we are half way through the season? Makes sense to me, that way no contracts running out mid way through season allowing players to walk in the Jan transfer window, typically a time when injuries are causing problems.

These days all the rumblings about will they re-sign or walk for free, start a year before the contract ends so much better to have a decent run of 3 or 4 years without all that worry or crap going on.

You'd hope that any player the management signs or offer a contract to is decent enough. Then you end up with players like Butt and Smith that you have to let run down their contracts because no-one is willing to take them off our hands/pay their wages. Not that I am saying it will happen this case of course - but it could !

You'd hope that any player the management signs or offer a contract to is decent enough. Then you end up with players like Butt and Smith that you have to let run down their contracts because no-one is willing to take them off our hands/pay their wages. Not that I am saying it will happen this case of course - but it could !

With regard to the butt / smith scenario, that boils down to having an owner and that won't sanction such rediculous deals. Which we certainly have at the moment which is probably why we won't be getting bentley.

With no controls it's too easy for a manager to go the has been route.

There does have to be a little wiggle room though for the Bartons of this world.

With regard to the butt / smith scenario, that boils down to having an owner and that won't sanction such rediculous deals. Which we certainly have at the moment which is probably why we won't be getting bentley.

There does have to be a little wiggle room though for the Bartons of this world.

Contradiction-tastic yet again.

You know...some mite say FMA is actually doing the right thing for the club.

Ben Arfa on a permanent contract.

Taylor and Carroll on new 5 year deals.

Vuckic on new long term deal fending off interest from top class european clubs.

I hate FMA as much as the next man but it has to be said...at the moment he is doing exactly what he should be for our club.

There is still time for the doom mongers to be proven right but i just dont see us selling our best players (Carroll + Barton) and taking a step back.....i genuinly think we are making good strides forward.

The current owner sanctioned the Smith contract man :wank:

Aye but your going back to when the world was still new and shiny, finacial markets hadnt gone tits up, the black hole hadnt been discovered and he had been in charge about 6 weeks and new even less about football.

Totally different Mike Ashley to tadys version.

He also extended Butt's contract at the bequest of Joe Kinnear after he'd been the owner for 18 months. I bet he won't give Joey Barton a new one either.

Edited by alex

Aye but your going back to when the world was still new and shiny, finacial markets hadnt gone tits up, the black hole hadnt been discovered and he had been in charge about 6 weeks and new even less about football.

Totally different Mike Ashley to tadys version.

Still doesn't make it a stupid idea. But he's well accustomed to them, I suppose.